RED
    2002 Blackbird

7600.00 to buy back a totaled WS6?

Thinking of buying back my baby and having it proffesionally back halved with the insurance money. They havent made me an offer yet but said to buy it back was 7600.00....Does that sound right? He goes on to tell me how rare it is blah blah blah. I told him to remember all that when he calls monday to make me an offer.... we'll see.... i can feel a battle coming on

Get an estimate from the shop that you would trust to do this work and compare it to the settlement that they are willing to give you vs. its book value.........It sounds a little high to me, but it is hard to say without being able to see it in person or knowing what the estimate would be to get it fixed.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

The buy back price should be what the insurance company would get when they junk it...

RED
    2002 Blackbird

16,400.00 to fix is the estimate. I did ask him where he got the figure for the buy back price and he said a salvage yard offered him that. The other reason it sounds fishy is because the offer would have been made sigt un-seen.

Pewter
    2000 WS.6 T/A

dude you can get a decent used one for that price- personally i can see how you were attached to it, but thats a rip off right there.. collect your insurance money - and go shopping for a new ride- Ive done this a couple times - i still wish i had my first one - 93 formy in white- but im happy with the 00 ws6 --

black
    99 Z28

that guy is bullshitting you!!!!! theres no way a salvage yard would spend that on a wrecked F-Body. My friend wrecked his Trans Am and the buy back on it was real cheap...like $1300.
    I say whatever you think is a fair price, offer that and be very firm about it and if the guy wants to make the sale, he will take it. If not.........go for another car!

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Yeah he is trying to screw you. Remember they are going to try and get out of the situation with as little money spent as possible. Thats how they make money, can't blame. You can beat them though. They should in now way be trying to scam you out of that much money. Who is your insurance agent? If I remember right you got hit and are dealing with the other drivers insurance company? You can talk to your agent if you are insurred with somone other than the new fabulous internet guys and they will sometimes help handle it with you and give you an inside perspective. Agents love to help you screw other agents for some reason

navy
    2001 TA WS6

i paid 7000 for my 01 ws6 with 10k from a rebuildable car sales . had 10000 in it when it was finished. the insurance wont charge you that much.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I wrecked my low milage '02 WS6 last Oct. I couldn't buy it back b/c of laws in my state. It was sold for $6500 @ an auction.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by WS.SICK View Post
    dude you can get a decent used one for that price- personally i can see how you were attached to it, but thats a rip off right there.. collect your insurance money - and go shopping for a new ride- Ive done this a couple times - i still wish i had my first one - 93 formy in white- but im happy with the 00 ws6 --
    Exactly cause after that you are going to have a salvage title anyways...

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by casper6871 View Post
    Thinking of buying back my baby and having it proffesionally back halved with the insurance money. They havent made me an offer yet but said to buy it back was 7600.00....Does that sound right? He goes on to tell me how rare it is blah blah blah. I told him to remember all that when he calls monday to make me an offer.... we'll see.... i can feel a battle coming on

No way brother no way in hell is a salvage yard offering them that much for that car. LIke the other guy said hes trying to cover as much of the loss as he can and if youre naive hes hoping youre gullable enough to fall for it..

Cut the loss take the check and make a new beast
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

My other car is a cop car

White
    1998 T/A

He is dicking you around. Salvage is about $2200. Tell him to keep it and go buy you a nice used T/A with semi low miles and pour that money into making it fast. Patience and you will find a nice one for the money.

Thread Information