30th Anniversary Trans Am Engine Rebuild

I’ve had a 1999 30th anniversary trans am since 2002 with 43,xxx miles Long story short (don’t feel like explaining this fiasco now) the car hasn’t been drove or even started since 2002. I put 800 miles on it before a ticking noise. Engine is torn down somewhat still in the car in my garage. Have all the parts. Heads are off the block. You can see scoring on multiple Piston heads. time has come to get this done. I need help finding a good, reputable shop that can get this fixed correctly with the respect taking into keeping things right, understand collectible cars, yada yada yada. I live in Oklahoma so I’m trying to find out if anyone here could help me out. And ideally in OKC area. Any help would be greatly appreciated and hello everyone. Not how I would like to come in here but I figured this was the best place to come to get the answers I needed.

Ok. Decisions have to be made pretty soon with the car. Here is where I’m at

Short Block Rebuild
    *will find out what pistons they recommend today
    Stock heads (valve job at machine shop)
    Texas Speed MS3 Camshaft Kit
    LS7 Lifters
    new gaskets, plugs, wires, balancer bolt, etc.

Spec Stage 2+ w/ Billet Steel Flywheel
    Slave Cylinder, Master Cylinder, etc.

Long Tube Headers (I will find out Make/Model today. Assuming 1 3/4” with what I’m putting in it. I think 1 7/8 may be to big?? Maybe I’m wrong)
    OffRoad Y-Pipe

Rear End - inspect and clean

Resurface Rotors, New Pads

Clean Fuel Line
    New Fuel Filter
    New Injectors (stock, or clean and service existing ones)

I think this about covers it for now. What do you guys think. What I’m going for is to keep it pretty stock-ish with it being a Anniversary and I just want to keep it original/stock as much as possible. Also looking to get anywhere over 400 to the wheel and I’ll be happy. Not a daily driver, Maybe a Sunday Driver. Not a track car, if I want to drive it to my family’s house 2 hours away I want to be able to do that comfortable but still have a fun car with some power.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Sounds like good plans. Glad to see you are getting it done and not tossing it away.

I am considering the TSP kit for my car along with PRC 2.5 heads. My WS6 is currently full bolt on M6 lacking heads/cam and puts out 360rwhp. You should exceed 400rw easily.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    Sounds like good plans. Glad to see you are getting it done and not tossing it away.

I am considering the TSP kit for my car along with PRC 2.5 heads. My WS6 is currently full bolt on M6 lacking heads/cam and puts out 360rwhp. You should exceed 400rw easily.

Engine is being finished up today and will get it back tomorrow. Sending the car back Monday. So getting close. I’ll put up the dyno numbers after I get them.

Thread Information