Black
    2002 Formula Firebird

2002 Formula Firebird w/auto trans and ttops

i have just gotten an 02 formula that has an auto tranny and ttops and i am wondering if anybody knows how many have been made with this combination, and if i would be totally ruining it if i throw a ram air hood and T/A rear wing on it?

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 2002Formula View Post
    i have just gotten an 02 formula that has an auto tranny and ttops and i am wondering if anybody knows how many have been made with this combination, and if i would be totally ruining it if i throw a ram air hood and T/A rear wing on it?
    lol it wouldnt be ruining it lol, their was alot made that is a formula, but some people will say that your posing if you throw the wing and ram air hood, but personally I like these cars better with atleast the ram air hood. But its your car you do what you wish with it, dont worry about what other people really think imo!!

Black
    2002 Formula Firebird

well the reason i ask if i would be ruining it is because i have done some research and i know an 02 formula with ttops is pretty rare

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

lol doesnt really mean nothing these cars is not worth as much as you think they are, shit I believe on the taxes on my car it said my 2000 ws6 t/a was only with 6 grand lol. The only ones that is really worth it is the ones that was garage queens and have like a few thousand miles on them, and I only see those go for around 20g from a dealer. Now their is some people with heavily modded cars that look for those higher prices because of the aftermarket parts on them and what not. But just because you put aftermarket parts on a car doesnt mean your going to be able to sale them for more!!

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

IMO I would just mod it, and enjoy your car because thats what it was built for!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i could give two shit about people thinkinh "you're a poser" crap... this sin't high school... it's your car... do what you think makes it look good... to hell with what other people think... it's your car not theirs...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i could give two shit about people thinkinh "you're a poser" crap... this sin't high school... it's your car... do what you think makes it look good... to hell with what other people think... it's your car not theirs...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Rare/collectible LS1s are the Hennesey models, Berger models, and the like. You can even consider the NHRA model rare simply for the RPO code.
    Considering every 02 formula had the same power train, creature features and so on, the fact that not many t-top formula were made does it make it collectible rare.
    That being said, get the ram air hood and leave the formula spoiler.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    Rare/collectible LS1s are the Hennesey models, Berger models, and the like. You can even consider the NHRA model rare simply for the RPO code.
    Considering every 02 formula had the same power train, creature features and so on, the fact that not many t-top formula were made does it make it collectible rare.
    That being said, get the ram air hood and leave the formula spoiler.
    I would leave the spoiler to, just cause I have always loved them spoiler loved the trans am's to, until I bought one and had to start washing it

Black
    2002 Formula Firebird

ok thanks! that is very true on the taxes part, im kinda leanin twoard keepin it how it is for the sleeper effect and the fact that it is a Formula an just get a trans am like ive been wantin. i just saw this and it was way too good of a deal to pass up in my opinion

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

IMHO at least do the hood. I considered doing a spoiler for my Formula but decided to stick with the Formula looks because I like it that way. But its totally up to you what you wanna do and if you don't like it, its easily reversible.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Once source I have shows that 901 '02 Formulas were built. ALL had t-tops since they were standard on Formulas in '02, so there is nothing "special" about having t-tops this year. CompNine's database contains only 639 of these '02 Formulas, of those 344 were A4 and 295 were M6.

Embrace your Formula's wing! It is what sets it apart from the run-of-the-mill T/A. While the last WS6 Formula was built in '00, I see no problem w/ adding a ram-air hood since at least cosmetically, this is a "factory combination" (Formula + WS6). Just don't put a WS6 badge on the bumper.

On the other hand, Formulas w/ T/A wings, with the exception of those few LT1 Formula Firehawks, just never rolled off the line and your car ends up looking bastardized.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

nice formula combo would be- ram air hood with formula front bumper, formula hatch with t/a back bumper.....like others said, make it what you want...the internetz is full of haters, and its super fun to piss em off...

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Formulas look sick with a ram air hood and some fat wheels out back or just the speedlines

Black
    2002 Formula Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    Once source I have shows that 901 '02 Formulas were built. ALL had t-tops since they were standard on Formulas in '02, so there is nothing "special" about having t-tops this year. CompNine's database contains only 639 of these '02 Formulas, of those 344 were A4 and 295 were M6.

Embrace your Formula's wing! It is what sets it apart from the run-of-the-mill T/A. While the last WS6 Formula was built in '00, I see no problem w/ adding a ram-air hood since at least cosmetically, this is a "factory combination" (Formula + WS6). Just don't put a WS6 badge on the bumper.

On the other hand, Formulas w/ T/A wings, with the exception of those few LT1 Formula Firehawks, just never rolled off the line and your car ends up looking bastardized.
    oh really? i did not know that the ttops where standard on that year, i cant remember the source i was going off of but it said there where only 900 formulas produced that year and about 400 were ttops and about 300 where automatics. ill be a little more careful before i go with one site on what was produced now haha

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

My buddy has an 01 Formula but he also has a WS6 hood and wing painted the same color as the car. He changes images according to his whim.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Well the hood will defiantly make it.look better. I had a normal TA and added a aftermarket WS6 hood amd live it. Nor badges or anything to try to.pass if off. I tell people it's just a TA. Remember RAM Air goods Nd fiberglass.so keep.you factory hood stored.away safely just incase the ram air het damaged. Now for the rear wing you need a TA hatch and spoiler both so if you and.find one it usually isn't cheap plus.you.usually have to paint it. Now do what you like bit always keep the stock body parts since the next owner may not share your taste. Aside from the RAM air hood working good with my Volant and looking a little more aggressive I rather have the normal.metal TA hood since the fit is better on the steel hood.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information