Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

2001 ws6 exhaust questions?

I have a 01 WS6 and I want am just havning a aerochamber muffler put on since the stock exhaust is in good shape. I am holding off on headers and Y pipe because im scared it wont pass emmisions if I do that, so im just installing the muffler for better sound until I pass then im putting on headers and y pipe. My question is, is there anyone that can pass emmisions in illinois that has put headers on their LS1?....I dont know how all these people delete their cats and have headers and all, but live where you have to have emissions...how do you all do that?....I really want some pacesetter headers, and no cats with y pipe and new catback with aerochamber hooker muffler.....can I just add 2 cats someone like on my I pipe just to pass emmisions then cut them out and weld pipe in?

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

2001 WS6 what should my quarter mile be?

I have a 2001 WS6 with 111k miles on it. It was owned by a 55 year old man that had it since it was off the showroom floor and has mostly highway miles, and the paint is immaculate, its black as black can get with no scratches of anything....the car is completely stock, he traded it on a new Z06 and I got it from the car lot. Anyways I just got it 2 weeks ago and I done away with the stock paper filter and installed a mac high flow..then I installed a SLP lid and it really seemed to make a difference I could notice...I have had carbureted hotrods since I was 16 and im 24 now and have never believed in these guys with LS1's or stangs and their bolt on crap....but I really do now....then I bypassed my coolant line around the TB as one of them free mods or whatever, but thats it....it has a 6spd.....what should I run, I live in illinois, ive heard these cars ran between 12.90 and 13.30 from the factory....im guess im going to run around 13.50, but these cars always suprise me, my buddys have had LS1s a while now and I finally got one because I never win anymore with my early model hot rods.

black
    2000 trans am ws6

it really depends on the car/driver. some cars have been in high 12s stock. very rare tho. i did run a 13.44 completely stock as my best time. i was very happy to see that my car ran what it should.

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Where do you live in illi to have emmisions testing? I'm just 60miles south of chicago, and have no testing even near me. I have kooks long tube headers and complete exhaust, and never run into any problems around here...

If you end up putting headers on yourself (which is easy, just takes time) the cats come off with the old manifolds, so its easy to replace with some long tubes.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

i live in chicago and have been tested and have passed.
    take your car to speed inc and they will "tune" the car. you will have zero problems passing.
    my car passes no problems, i shit canned the egr bullshit and cat, have long tubes, cam, intake, stall and a few other mods.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

wierd transmission problem?

thanks guys....I have a serious problem I think going now...when I got the car it wont go into 5th gear, so he cut a thousand off the price for me. Somtimes it just doesnt seem smooth while shifting into or out of any of the gears.....last night I was trying to get it into 5th and it was grinding hard and I finaly got it in but took it out after a few seconds....6th gear just feels like I hit a little notch when it goes into gear and out of gear too....I was told that the 5th-6th gear sincro was out.....remind you yesterday was the first day I got to drive this car since the day I bought it 2 weeks ago and test drove it......well this morning I left home and went to the gas station about 2 miles away and was in 4th the whole way, until I started to slow down to pull into the station....well it wouldnt come outta 4th and I pushed and pushed and finally popped out into nuetral but even in nuetral the shifter wouldnt move it was like stuck I couldnt move it side to side or anything, and I coasted and parked...when I left I slammed it into 1st after a few tries and took off too work its 40 minutes down a interstate, I got it through the gears by trying really hard and pulling and pushing numerous times to get in the gears....I worried all day what it could be...when I left work this evening it was perfectly fine again. nothing at all, just as long as I didnt try to get into 5th gear....what the h#$% could be wrong with it?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

My car got stuck in 4th once when it was new. As for emissions, depends on what the testing in your area consists of.

Thread Information