arctic white
    2001 WS6 T/A

2001 Trans Am WS6 (The Intimidator)

I just got back from a weekend trip to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I've got a beautiful 2001 arctic white ws6 a4 with 51000 miles, I've only had the car for 6 weeks and I love it! I've previously had a 89 mustang gt, 87 buick grand national, 99 gtp grand prix. I was driving along the north side of the cities and I came up on a previous gen mustang gt 2002-03, I noticed driving up in the lane beside him it had different exhaust under the car, huge rear tires, stang.com stickers on the the rear side window, as i came up beside him i waved, he had the Tom Cruise (top gun) sunglasses on, my girlfriend was with me and she could cut the testosterone in the air with a knife, we were probably running 75mph, next thing I know the guy stomps on it and took off, I thought ok, it was about 60 degrees out and man was my car running hard. I followed him for a mile thinking i'm ready for my first kill, unfortunately he exited off the freeway. Later in the afternoon I was heading back home towards Iowa, this time on the south side of the cities, I came up on a late model vette, it had paper plates, so i know the guy just got it, It was a Z06 so I knew to leave it alone and just give the guy a nice waive, about 15 miles further down the road I noticed a pretty black GTO coming up on my left, he got up beside me and looked over, I waived and so did he, next thing I know he starts hammering up on the throttle and slowing down, I noticed it was a 6 liter, their was way to much traffic to screw around, plus I had to exit within a couple miles, it would have been fun, probably a good thing I exited. I have come to a conclusion that this car has such a bad ass look from the front or rear that it immediately intimidates all these late model sports cars that are much newer. I bought the car because I've always loved the ram air hood and body style, all this attention is such a bonus to owning a WS6, plus the girlfriend doesn't mind me occasionally smoking the tires or feeling the g-force on a off ramp! I was wondering if anybody else has had similar problems with there car? My time is limited, winter is coming.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Oh yes, it take real control to keep your foot out of it most days for me. Everyone wants to try you. Just remember, the track is the best place to prove it's badge of power. It will take down most comers so save your gas for the track. With power come great responsibility..... Where have I heard that?

Be Safe, Be Kewl is all I go by .....

Black
    2000 Trans Am

You have only had it for 6 weeks... just wait it gets to be expected. Almost everyday, everywhere you go someone wants to run you. Everyone from the3/4 ton chevy trucks, turbo diesel dual rams, 5.0s, chargers, v6 mustangs and almost every ricer that comes along will want some. I love how my car looks, agressive or intimadating however you want to say it, what it really is is inviting... eveyone wants to run you so they can say that they beat this kick ass looking car, is what it comes down to. Some are out just to have fun and race and others are out to prove there name and ability, just watch out for who is around and where you are when you do it, Dont waste it on eveyone who comes along on the road, hand it to them at the track. There it is safer and legal.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

I don't waste my time when someone comes up to me an wants to play when I know I will kick their
    I will however, play with other T/A's, Firebirds, Camaros, Corvettes. Cause I know it will be a drivers race, for the most part, and those are the most fun. IMO

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you didn't race at all...but you're the "intimidator"

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

I noticed that too!! everywhere I go there is always somebody that has to be a tough guy. One time I was driving home after dinner with my gf, and a Dodge SRT-4 rides up besides me. I ignore him, like I always do with people that want to race. He wouldn't let it go. I would speed up, he would speed up, i would slow down, he would slow down. Finally my GF with was like, what the hell?? I just let her know she needs to get used to this because everybody wants a run at the WS6.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by NJ2002WS.6 View Post
    I noticed that too!! everywhere I go there is always somebody that has to be a tough guy. One time I was driving home after dinner with my gf, and a Dodge SRT-4 rides up besides me. I ignore him, like I always do with people that want to race. He wouldn't let it go. I would speed up, he would speed up, i would slow down, he would slow down. Finally my GF with was like, what the hell?? I just let her know she needs to get used to this because everybody wants a run at the WS6.
    Hell yea thats true, even I want a run at the WS6's around here, I have never ran one, but there are only 3 that I know of, one is a 97 it has a 396 LT1 in it, I'll pass on running him tho.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

i say run some people and show you and your girlfriend what your car is capable of. I had a viper mess with me i didnt even get a chance to mess with him. he got me by about a car and half. i think you will pretty much smash on everything out there.

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Yeah 98-02 ws6's look aggressive

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

sometimes depending on the car you definitely need to show them what you got, just scan for cops b4 you go and dont let it get to fast its great seeing the faces of guys with brand new chargers and other stuff that they payed way more for then you did for your car when u pass them up
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

I totally hear you. I like to play on the Highways where you can see pretty far ahead and in back of you. This was around town. But yeah I love seeing the faces of people when you just pull ahead of them, also you get those people that won't even dare to pull up to your car. So really it is a give and take, some people want to challenge you, and others won't even try... i guess it depends on the driver.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I love the WS6 aswell, just dont think because you have a WS6 that you can smoke z28s and non-ws6 T/As. Im not saying you will think that, im just saying dont be one of those WS6s i take everyday with that stunned look on there face, like but your not a WS6. Assholes

Thread Information