Red
    2002 Firehawk

2001 SLP (not Firehawk) Trans Am with SLP Badging?

Looked at this car today and it's beautiful but I was not aware of a "SLP" badging package. The headers are stamped SLP as well as the badge on the sides and rear. The airbox states: LS1 Motorsports.

Is it a fair assumption that this was all aftermarket add on's and not a SLP nor GM package?

Used 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SLP for sale in Phoenix, AZ | Luxury Motorsports Bell

Thanks,
    Mike

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks like someone just stuck on some badges and a head plate. The lid is an aftermarket unit and that is why there is a filter in the end of the hose for the secondary air feed.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Consider the price for a standard TA with that mileage. All of the stuck on stuff or changes count for nothing on this car when it comes to resale. Like every used car sold by a dealer, they have no idea what was done to the car in terms of modifications beyond what you can see. Could have a cam, could have a replacement engine, who knows. Point is you will be accepting some level of risk. Get it inspected by another shop and have the emissions run to see if it is in spec to pass in your state.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I don't believe this is anything factory. My 2000 WS6 has an SLP badge below the left taillight, just simply a stuck on badge that looks good.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    I don't believe this is anything factory. My 2000 WS6 has an SLP badge below the left taillight, just simply a stuck on badge that looks good.
    I agree. It looks to me as if the previous owner had a spending spree at SLP's "dress-up" section. I would look at the purchase as a low mileage "base model" Trans Am.

Orange Metalic
    2006 GTO

I actually looked and test drove this car 3 days ago, it is added aftermarket parts the dealer tried to lie to me and say it was factory and I have never seen a "SLP" package. The salesmen name was "Guy" I wouldn't trust that dealership at all, I originally went to go look at their 2004 GTO and that thing was a POS! I felt like I was driving to my death in that car lol. It also made me wonder on the Carfax about the mileage? Says 27,847 but then goes to 40,000 then back to 27,847?
    It is a great looking car though!
    Last edited by Refractor; 07-29-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Thread Information