Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    2002 WS6 TA

2 cars for the Zeta Platform???????????

I have a ?. GM in Lansing said in the local paper the plant that makes CTS and STS will be making "2" Zeta platform cars in the the year 2010-2011.( can't remember the exact year) I believe one will be the "other" F-Body. Any thoughts on a new bad ass bird coming out of GM.

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Wishful thinking I'm afraid.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I hope not.

Either way....I doubt it will be a Firebird.
    GM retired the namesake....meaning it is dead.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

I honestly hope not. I really haven't seen any concepts that I actually like for a new trans am. I guess you can't improve perfection

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I hope not.

Either way....I doubt it will be a Firebird.
    GM retired the namesake....meaning it is dead.
    Yea but didn't they do that shit for the camaro too?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreak1 View Post
    Yea but didn't they do that shit for the camaro too?
    Negative.

They didn't retire that namesake.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Negative.

They didn't retire that namesake.
    Figures. Well so long as Lutz the Clutz doesn't screw with the Corvette like he was originally planning on doing I suppose it doesn't matter. I hope to hell they don't bring back another goat, that would just be queer.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

the second zeta I believe is a new redesigned GTO if I remember correctly. But then again, there's a good chance I am wrong

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    the second zeta I believe is a new redesigned GTO if I remember correctly. But then again, there's a good chance I am wrong

I read that they were bringing the GTO back on same platform as the new Camaro awhile back. I don't remember what mag it was seeing I was wasting time in a store.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

yeah it is called the g8
    Click for full size

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    yeah it is called the g8
    G8 is being built seperately.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I had heard the GTO was coming out AGAIN as well... 3 strikes and you're out??
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    I had heard the GTO was coming out AGAIN as well... 3 strikes and you're out??
    They need something completely new. They need to quit reviving the names of the past and come out with something creative other than a series of letters and numbers. I mean hell, if Vauxhal/Holden can come up with Monaro, then we can sure as hell come up with something equally as diverse.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreak1 View Post
    They need something completely new. They need to quit reviving the names of the past and come out with something creative other than a series of letters and numbers. I mean hell, if Vauxhal/Holden can come up with Monaro, then we can sure as hell come up with something equally as diverse.
    I agree... there hasn't been a single car that they've brought back that has been worth a damn nor true to the namesake.. just come up with a new name... Thumb through the dictionary for cripes sake...

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

I don't know... Seeing how GM really screwd up with the GTO the second time around they might actually produce a badass MUSCLE car again. But that might just be high hopes.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have a question for the guys that say GM screwed up on the 04-06 GTO's. Have any of you guys ever driven one? Just curious how you base your opinions of the car. Is it from experience or you just didn't like the looks? I can understand it being a sleeper looking kinda car but it's a long way from being a screw up. My stock GTO on Kuhmo all seasons ran 13.6 @102 with a 2.0 60' time which comes pretty close to matching stock f-body times. That's not bad for a car that weighs more than the f-body, rides 1000 times better, has an interior that blows most GM cars out of the water ( I include the vette in that list), and handles extremely well. There's a reason why my f-body stays in the garage and my GTO gets daily driven. I'm an f-body guy through and through but the GTO is a far cry from being a screw up. It makes one helluva daily driver capable of laying some smack down on the streets from time to time. I think some people got hung up in the anti-GTO hype without ever seeing for themselves what the car will do. My brother didn't have any opinion of the car really. He could take it or leave it. He borrowed my lowly 04 for a few weeks and fell in love with the car. It's nice to ride in a car that's smooth and handles well but will flat out haul ass when asked too.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I have a question for the guys that say GM screwed up on the 04-06 GTO's. Have any of you guys ever driven one? Just curious how you base your opinions of the car. Is it from experience or you just didn't like the looks? I can understand it being a sleeper looking kinda car but it's a long way from being a screw up. My stock GTO on Kuhmo all seasons ran 13.6 @102 with a 2.0 60' time which comes pretty close to matching stock f-body times. That's not bad for a car that weighs more than the f-body, rides 1000 times better, has an interior that blows most GM cars out of the water ( I include the vette in that list), and handles extremely well. There's a reason why my f-body stays in the garage and my GTO gets daily driven. I'm an f-body guy through and through but the GTO is a far cry from being a screw up. It makes one helluva daily driver capable of laying some smack down on the streets from time to time. I think some people got hung up in the anti-GTO hype without ever seeing for themselves what the car will do. My brother didn't have any opinion of the car really. He could take it or leave it. He borrowed my lowly 04 for a few weeks and fell in love with the car. It's nice to ride in a car that's smooth and handles well but will flat out haul ass when asked too.
    I'll stick to my "im gonna kick the living $hit out of you!" Bird for now thanks.

black
    1994 camaro z28 a4

well i heard that bumble bee in the movie transformes was based on the chasis of a gto.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinman View Post
    well i heard that bumble bee in the movie transformes was based on the chasis of a gto.
    It wasn't based on it.. it WAS a GTO chasis.. with a recreation Camaro body.. look at the rotors.. you can tell they are covers.. but thats ok.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Its not even that I don't like the looks I just think it should have been named something different. I think that when they tried to bring back the GTO they should have made it resemble an older GTO. Thats all. Not trying to say they are terrible cars or anything because I actually like them. I just think the mistake was GM naming that car the GTO. just my .02

Thread Information