Red
    1999 Trans Am

1999 Trans Am Fuel System Diagram, Info

Hi everybody, I just finished resurecting / rescuing a 1999 Trans Am with about 160,000 miles that a friend had sitting for over 3 years. Before anything was done and the key turned, I took the tank out, cleaned it up, got all the disintegrated metal pieces of the fuel pump out and got a new aftermarket pump, replaced the injectors and blew the fuel lines off. Fluid change and the car started up.

My problem and suspicion is that somebody may have messed with the fuel system because I had the plastic flex tube inside the pump that goes from the pickup to the feed line come off 3-4 times, then I broke one of the 3 plastic tubes on top of the pump trying to take the line off, so I got a new pump. By this point I had created the magic port in the trunk for easy access to the pump. Now I got a new pump and after a 50 miles I go to start the car run for a few seconds and then died. This time the plastic flex tube exploded.

I am suspecting that something is missing or is not right with the fuel system and created too much pressure in the tank or the pump itself. I was wondering is there is a diagram that shows the fuel system front to back so I can compare it and see it the problem is quickly identifiable. Or if anyone had that problem before please let me know how it was resolved. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Pick up a GM repair manual off Ebay, you are going to need it during the resto.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Thread Information