blue
    2002 trans am

02 WS6 cat back suggestions, 65000 miles, no upgrades

I have an 02 WS6 that I'd like to liven up. Only 65k and no real upgrades, other than an SLP lid and 3.73's in the rear and the Z06/LS7 clutch setup. I'm thinking a cat back system for fun. I don't think Bassani True Duel exists anymore. Any suggestions??

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

I have the same car in black. Only 65 K ?? Nice ! If you really want to ' liven " things up and not get too deep into the engine itself, I'd suggest a set of long tubes ( I have Kooks and they fit nicely) and Magnaflo exhaust. Rumbly but not too loud. Get your ECU tuned by Tuned by Frost after that. I had the cats removed and tuned out by the shop that put in the headers but thats a personal choice that might have repercussions at inspection time. In Md its plug and play and if no codes then you're good to go !
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Absolutely love my GMMG! Now manufactured under the name Madhammer.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by apass174 View Post
    I have an 02 WS6 that I'd like to liven up. Only 65k and no real upgrades, other than an SLP lid and 3.73's in the rear and the Z06/LS7 clutch setup. I'm thinking a cat back system for fun. I don't think Bassani True Duel exists anymore. Any suggestions??
    I agree with Terry on the Magnaflows. He and I dont agree on the cats, as I run a set of Kooks catted y pipes along with Kooks long tube headers with secondary air provisions.

If I was to do my exhaust again, I would get a custom Y pipe built so the cats and y pipe are tucked tight and the cats are as far forward as they can get. I am eventually getting a local shop mod my Kooks catted y to fit better with some cut in pieces. My car scrapes speed bumps alot and its aggravating.

I also suggest an “in person” dyno tune, where the person has the car and can make adjustments while driving it, and also tune it on the dyno, it costs more and has more down time but I think its worth it.

Another thing I always talk about is unsprung weight, make sure that your wheel an tire package is as light as it is grippy. I am running a wheel tire combo that is 48 pounds if I remember right (I know my wheels are 20 pounds), the factory wheels (no tires) are about 25-26 pounds each, a lighter wheel and tire package translates your power to the pavement better and makes the whole car feel lighter, faster, and more responsive.
    Last edited by Whamhammer; 06-04-2019 at 10:46 PM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I am a huge fan of Borla or GMMG for LS1 cars. We have Magnaflow on the T/A from when we purchased it, but it's just too quiet for us. It will probably get changed.

I also second getting some longtubes at some point.

You guys and your 'cats', and these 'state inspections'. *Laughs in Oklahoma*

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Pacesetter LT's here with TS&P ORY, 3" pipe all the way with QTP Ecutout and Magnaflow Muffler.

CATS, what CATS, no Gatos allow in my car.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I am a huge fan of Borla or GMMG for LS1 cars. We have Magnaflow on the T/A from when we purchased it, but it's just too quiet for us. It will probably get changed.

I also second getting some longtubes at some point.

You guys and your 'cats', and these 'state inspections'. *Laughs in Oklahoma*
    My reasons aren't just for emissions, a good flowing performance cat’ can actually help straighten out the exhaust flow, by reducing exhaust gas turbulence.

I click on the new member forum and did says oops nothing there… only oops is spelled OPPS

Thread Information