Yellow
    CETA Coupe M6

Question 02 Trans Am...Question about new Seats!!!

Just wanted to know if anyone knew if it were possible to put heated leather seats of an 04-08 GTO into an 02 Trans Am? My girlfriend is really wanting heated seats this time of year and I have a buddy with a wrecked GTO. Any help would be great.

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

anything can be done with enough $

and my advice, would be buy a better girlfriend with it.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

It would cost like $100 for the heaters. You can install them into your seats. Then you wouldn't have GTO written on the seat.

Yellow
    CETA Coupe M6

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry but the girlfriend has to stay. Any idea where I can buy the heaters for the seats and how hard they are to install?

2002 CETA 6M COUPE

its just a few cables and screws... im sure u can do it. just make sure ur patient taking them out... you don't want to rip any cables.

or go to a body shop.

Red
    2001 ws6

i didnt know they made an 07-08 GTO hehehe, yes u can put heated seats in the TA

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

I just got done putting a heated seat kit into my '98 Trans Am. I got the seat heaters from Sportsimportsltd.com. Their Premium seat heater kit is Liensed by GM for models '05 and older. I wish I knew other people were interested in putting seat heaters in, becuase I would have taken step by step pics for all interested. The kit isn't cheap, nor expensive. Right now their on sale for the cheapest you'll ever see them. Plus they have a 3 year 36.000 mile warrenty!

I love them, it has to be up there as one of my fav. mod. I got the set, so I have both the driver and passenger seat heated. They warm up pretty darn fast, and get pretty warm. Imo I don't think they get as hot as some factory seat heaters, but thats because the kit installs under then leather, unlike some factory heaters that are put right into the leather.

As far as install. It really couldn't have been easier. the bottom of the '98 and up Trans am seats are cliped and velcroed into place, and all you have to do for the backrest is remove all plasic panels, clip three hog rings and pull the bottom of the leather cover around enough to tuck the backrest heater inbetween the leather and the foam. (you will need replacement hog rings, and hog ring pliers to reinstall the backrest leather. They are not included in the kit)

Black on Black
    2001 Firebird T/A WS6

Put the engine in your car.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Wow.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83ta View Post
    I just got done putting a heated seat kit into my '98 Trans Am. I got the seat heaters from Sportsimportsltd.com. Their Premium seat heater kit is Liensed by GM for models '05 and older. I wish I knew other people were interested in putting seat heaters in, becuase I would have taken step by step pics for all interested. The kit isn't cheap, nor expensive. Right now their on sale for the cheapest you'll ever see them. Plus they have a 3 year 36.000 mile warrenty!

I love them, it has to be up there as one of my fav. mod. I got the set, so I have both the driver and passenger seat heated. They warm up pretty darn fast, and get pretty warm. Imo I don't think they get as hot as some factory seat heaters, but thats because the kit installs under then leather, unlike some factory heaters that are put right into the leather.

As far as install. It really couldn't have been easier. the bottom of the '98 and up Trans am seats are cliped and velcroed into place, and all you have to do for the backrest is remove all plasic panels, clip three hog rings and pull the bottom of the leather cover around enough to tuck the backrest heater inbetween the leather and the foam. (you will need replacement hog rings, and hog ring pliers to reinstall the backrest leather. They are not included in the kit)
    Great post.

Which switch did you get? The 2 together or the separate ones? And where did you put them?

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by Rojerlockless View Post

and my advice, would be buy a better girlfriend with it.

Its true, I find it much easier and worthwhile just to change out girls.

none of em are worth keeping for longer than a few weeks at a time.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    Great post.

Which switch did you get? The 2 together or the separate ones? And where did you put them?
    Thanks! Sorry I havn't been around much lately, thats why I didn't respond right away...

I got the classic round switchs, the seperate ones, but they come into a single harness before the control module. As of right now I have the switch's run to my center console, and have the puttons just sticking out the spot where now the ash try used to be. I don't smoke, so I could care less about it. My plan is to make a plate to match the console and drill 2 holes in it for the switches. I want it to look as stock as possible. An added bonus is that there is always the lid for the ash tray to cover the switches when you don't want to see them

Ill post some pics when Im done.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Yellow
    CETA Coupe M6

Thanks for all your help. The WS6 store website helped out a lot.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6// LS6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Ive seen that site.... but the're more gerneric then I wanted. Too much cutting and guessing work. The ones I got from Sports car whatever, are made by the Check corp. Specifically for the seats in my T/A.... meaning you'll have no probles. =] everything should go right together

Plus mine have 3 temp settings.... and they are on a timer to go off in 1 hour

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    that's sweet! hmmmm....might keep 'er happy n' warm for sure. I like how they mentioned "top down driving" b/c i like to go w/out t-tops in 70° weather sometimes and @ 85mph, that wind gets chilly!

Thread Information