red
    2001 ws6 trans am a4

01 ws6 convertible/TCS switch panel

This panel popped off due to the plastic cracking. I can only find the panel with the TCS slot already in it. The WS6 store told me that the part I need was not being made any more (panel with both slots). I find it hard to belive that one is made & not the other but I guess anything is possible. Anyhow can I cut the hole for the convertible slot & will the switch fit properly?

Thanks!

2011 Prius

How well can you cut?

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

I been thru this and last time I ordered some from gmpartsdirect.com, I actually got a few but since then sold the extras off, I suggest a dremel and much patience. Perhaps make your self a jig too out of metal so the hole with be the correct size?
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

You can cut the panel so the switch will pass through but you will not have the clips which are molded into the panel that hold the switch in place. I have had this same issue and although I don’t like Band-Aid fixes I felt I didn’t have too many options. I purchased some 3M double sided trim tape (it is the perfect thickness) cut it to match the bottom of the panel. Then set the bottom all the way in place and push the top into place to engage the retaining clip. It holds it very tight in place and you can’t see it if done correctly. The clips that hold the switches in place are starting to get brittle also, so the more you stress them to remove the switches the more likely they are to fail.

red
    2001 ws6 trans am a4

Cutting it won't be a problem I run cnc laser so I can make a program to make the slot. That sucks about the clips on the switch that hold it in place. Could I get a switch to replace the TCS? Like an on/off button & use the only slot for the convertible top? I guess as a last resort I would use the double sided tape but will only work for so long.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Well, the clips that hold the two switches are different, one clips on the side the other on the top, so, I don’t think you could interchange them. Not sure what other options there are, Also, I really wanted to keep the original switches and look and keep it easily removable in case I have a problem with a switch. Try the tape short term to keep it in place while your trying to find a permanent solution….it’s a pain having the panel flop around while driving, and if you’re anything like me it just bugged the hell out of me seeing it like that.

Thread Information