Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

01 Trans AM dead but not gone

Well I got an answer to why my posts were being taken off here that I had up to part out my wrecked T/A. I have too have a hundred posts to post anything for sale and I'm not close to that. I have been a member for a while I just haven't had much time to get on here. I had a bad accident almost 6 weeks ago now. I made the mistake "after having my car for over 7yrs" of thinking I was in control, went to show a friend how fast she was with a burn out. We went to a secluded road that I was not familiar with and to shorten the story I ran out of road tried to make some of the abrupt right that the road made but was to cooled and to fast. Hit a fence pole right behind my drivers side seat and pushed about a foot into the rear seat. 6 days in ICU and one day on the regular floor and 6 1/2 weeks latter I'm glad to be here and even more happy that my friend only had minor bruising and scratches and didn't have to go to the hospital. And to end on a positive note I hope to get this bad ass T/A soon and I will remember just because I can drive it does not mean that I can always control it!!!!

Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

Are you selling parts off you car? I'm looking for door panels (grey) if you have them.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I think you may have posted about that or I remember reading maybe about someone else's accident.

I've had some close calls too but, I joined an auto cross club here locally and just driving those tight courses, teaches you the limitations of the vehicle.

Something to consider when you get your next T/A. I know it has helped me. Let me know if you need more info on it. F-body actually drifts very well and it is a challenge to keep her under control while being out of control if that makes any sense.

Anyways, good to hear that you and your friend made it out alive and that you are here to tell about it. Many don't.

I may be interested in a few parts if you still have any undamaged.

Let me know and I'll inquire with you.

GUNS

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I hope this doesnt turn into a thread just like the last two I had to remove.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I hope this doesnt turn into a thread just like the last two I had to remove.
    Was it bad? Didn't see them.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

I think it takes a lot of guts to post what you did. I am sure others can learn from your mistake. I am glad your passenger wasn't hurt bad and good luck with your recovery..

I almost had a simular situation, however it was with my old 68 camaro...I was on some back road I hadn't been on before, went to do a burn out and almost lost it in the ditch. Luckily I was able to let off and regain control. I have been driving it for many years, and had much fun with it, but it only takes an unfamiliar road to bring things back into prosective

Don
    Last edited by donman; 01-02-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Was it bad? Didn't see them.
    Meaning, this is not the classifieds.

Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Meaning, this is not the classifieds.
    Thats my fault, I seen on another site where they (Transamgreen) was trying to sell something . I jump the gun. I know rules are rules.

Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

Hello, and thanks to all that had kind words. I hope that no one ever has to go through the personal humiliation and pain of loosing something that they had built over the years and loved in only the way that you can a car but it is that a car, I can get another one. I can't get my life or a friends back so I know that it was a dumb ass huge mistake of my life time that almost cost me just that. I don't want this thread to turn into something that it's not aloud to so please contact me via email at transamgreen@yahoo.com. I hope that I didn't break any rules with this post. And the only other place that this car has been posted at is Craigs List!

Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

That sounds awsome!! I would love to find something like that around here. How do I go about it? Thanks
    99 T/A WS6 LSX Pewter "BAD ASS" way to many things to try to list on here!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blk99ws6ta View Post
    Thats my fault, I seen on another site where they (Transamgreen) was trying to sell something . I jump the gun. I know rules are rules.
    No sweat, the OP has posted this thread twice already and people turned it into a swap meet so I had to delete the thread. I just don't want to have to remove the thread again and frustrate the OP.

Thread Information