Red
    2000 WS6

'00 WS6 Is Too Red!

Just got into the modern muscle, traded my '70 GTO, for mint condition WS6, stock with 54k. I wasn't looking for a red WS6, but couldn't pass this up......but it's too red! does anyone have any pics or ideas to tone it down a bit?? Thanks

Dark
    05 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by silverjess View Post
    Just got into the modern muscle, traded my '70 GTO, for mint condition WS6, stock with 54k. I wasn't looking for a red WS6, but couldn't pass this up......but it's too red! does anyone have any pics or ideas to tone it down a bit?? Thanks

shoulda keept the gto and bought a TA...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Nope, don't know how to tone it down. Maybe you could get some vinyl overlays for the Trans Am letters on the doors and front license plate bird? Black maybe?

Quite a difference from the classic Goat, eh? I've had a '67 GTO for 7 years or so, a '67 Firebird 400 4-speed for 11 years, and still have a '68 Le Mans droptop.

Sometimes I see a red WS6, and am torn about whether I should have waited for a red one instead of the black one I have, I think the red WS6s look baddass as they come at you. The hood nostrils really stand out!

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

you can put stripes on it to break it up. i had the same thought as you when i got mine.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

I think red looks really sharp. I'm usually not into vibrant colors on vehicles - stick to darks.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by silverjess View Post
    Paint the roof bar black maybe? Theres an LT1 TA around here thats red and has the roof bar painted black, like the Z/28's. It looks good.

Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Duke View Post
    shoulda keept the gto and bought a TA...
    Take a look at the bold print in the OP's above quote. I could of swore the WS6 package came on TA's.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

i think he meant keep the gto and buy the trans am so you would have both cars

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    i think he meant keep the gto and buy the trans am so you would have both cars

Duh, now that I re-read it and thought about it that makes more sense.

I'm not fully awake yet.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Pics of said car??

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i cant believe you got rid of your 70 GTO....

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    i cant believe you got rid of your 70 GTO....
    I think he's having 2nd thoughts...........
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    I think he's having 2nd thoughts...........
    he should be

White
    1998 Trans Am

Wow I love my TA but wouldn't have traded a Classic GTO for it. The 70 GTO's were nice. I had a 72 Lemans with a GTO appearance package and I loved that car till it got totaled. Now a true GTO is hard to find at least for a decent price.
    I would have got a trans Am but I think you should have kept the GTO and got a cheaper TA with a few more miles.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

so anyways back to the OP...if its too red for you ..your in trouble,...the only tame red i could think of is the metallic maple red ..or whatever its called..that is a rare cooler and looks really good..however its was discontinued so you wont find a 02 with that color

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

im really sure this guy cares what you guys think about he trade/purchase..and by care i mean doesnt give a shit.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

yea im with everyone else, try some stripes or overlays... but im glad you got a new t/a.... good luck with the car man
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Red
    2000 WS6

Thanks for the input, I was torn on the trade, and if money wasn't an issue I would've kept the goat. I live in a small town, and brought the goat out to some cruises and shows, in 1 month I seen all the same people all of which were over 60 years old. I like to be able to jump in the TA and blast to the Twin Cities or to the cabin.........but yeah I still miss it, but when you shift into 2nd and the tires break loose, tough to not like it.

Junior Member HELLYEAISTREETRACE's Avatar

RED
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

I have a 2000 red T.A. I thought mine was too red also so i painted the roofbar black, I put some black hood stripes along the side of the hood that say ram air where the original one used to be so it gave it the reverse look (I get alot of complements on that), I also painted the rear bumper inlay black (common item) and I decaled the "trans am" lettering on the doors in black also. It looks great.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am A4

Congrats on the ws6 purchase. I think red is a good color for the ws6. I dont think there is anything you should do to the paint. I would just worry about the accent colors on the car. Ive noticed when you have a lot of surface all in one tone, it kinda overwhelms your eye. I would break it up by tinting your windows either 35% or 20%. It made a big difference on my car. Having darker windows will make the red appear as if it doesnt take much space up since you never notice a clear window.

Also if you shoot paint I would just smoke your orange and red side markers and third brake light. That will show those accent pieces and brake up more red. Smoking is just mixing clearcoat with a few drops of black paint. The more layers you put on the darker the lens gets. Id go just 2 at most 3 coats, so you can still see some red and orange.

If it was my bird thats how i'd do it but just trying to get some suggestions out.

Thread Information