Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zo6 and ss

black
    2002 camaro ss

zo6 and ss

k i have a 2002 camaro ss (slp cold air and magnaflow catback) a friend of mine has a 2003 corvette z06 (k&n intake) what can i do to my car to keep up with this zo6 or maybe even pass him. With out using a bottle, turbo or supercharger. if anyone has kill stories about zo6's let me know, I love vette's but i need to punk this guy off lol

thanks, guys and girls

rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

I would think maybe gears? 4.10 if m6 and 3.73 if a4. Also, Heads and cam wouldnt hurt! lol or maybe just cam?

black
    2002 camaro ss

yea i got an m6 my bad, but next summer I m thinking of installing headers and y pipe then a tune. Then doing some suspension work such as subframe connectors, lca's, panhard bar followed by nitto 555's
    with this work done do you think i should be getting close to the zo6 keep in mind its basically stock on factory tires. Or do i have to put a cam in

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by o2 double s camaro View Post
    yea i got an m6 my bad, but next summer I m thinking of installing headers and y pipe then a tune. Then doing some suspension work such as subframe connectors, lca's, panhard bar followed by nitto 555's
    with this work done do you think i should be getting close to the zo6 keep in mind its basically stock on factory tires. Or do i have to put a cam in
    I would think at least a cam, heads wouldn't hurt.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Are you talking bout racing him at the track or street race? On the freeway he will KILL YOU.!! Leave you sitting still... Theres really no susbustitue for aerodynamics. H/C will help you out... you might hang door to door with that but that pretty hard to do all motor unless you do something like a 383 or a 402 stroker.. At the track it will be a different story with gears, H/C..
    But they alread run high 11's to low 12's stock with a good driver...

Royal pain in the.... Phantom2kz's Avatar

2001 Z-28 A4 NBM
    2002 35th anni SS M6#1696

Quote Originally Posted by o2 double s camaro View Post
    k i have a 2002 camaro ss (slp cold air and magnaflow catback) a friend of mine has a 2003 corvette z06 (k&n intake) what can i do to my car to keep up with this zo6 or maybe even pass him. With out using a bottle, turbo or supercharger. if anyone has kill stories about zo6's let me know, I love vette's but i need to punk this guy off lol

thanks, guys and girls
    get a push from another Z06
    aerodynamics, the LS6 and less weight...with IRS and fatter tires,,,
    try rear end gears,you might get hinm in the 1/4 if you can hook up.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

i dont think you need the cam. I've beat a z06 with just these simple mods.
    lid,bbk tb,ls6 manifold,373 gears,street tune,Long tube headers,ORY(no cats) to Loud mouth exhaust and some good drag radials.oh and a driver mod.

black
    2002 camaro ss

I know he will kill me on the turns but i m talking about drag racing he knows how to drive good but hes no professional he ran a 12.5 in the quarter that was his best time on factory tires. Driver mod lol ive been driving 5 liter mustangs and irocs since i was 16 i know how to smash a good gear. Anyway thanks for the info guys and girls keep it coming

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I beat a stock 04 Z06 when I had full bolt ons with stock gears. With sig below I should be DESTROYING them on highway, track, freeway, whatever. That is, if the Z06 is stock or very very light modded. I would say that you will need more then full bolt ons since I believe the one I raced was bone stock and driver mod was needed. Just get H/C and call it a day, you'll be whooping on them left and right
    Last edited by blackSS01; 09-18-2009 at 09:55 AM.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

A properly driven c5 z06 can run high 11s low 12s and trap 115-119mph. No bolt on f-body is gonna trap 115-119mph it takes atleast a cam. I would say if you wannt get hom fro ma dig, 4.10s, drag radials, full bolt ons and most likely you guys wil lbe close unless hes a really really good driver. But on a roll race hes gonna get you until you have a cam most likely.

Alot of people underrated the c5 z06 because the c6 is so amazing. But the c5 z06 has more power less weight and more agressivly geared trans in 1st-4th gears than a f-body.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-18-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    A properly driven c5 z06 can run high 11s low 12s and trap 115-119mph. No bolt on f-body is gonna trap 119mph it takes atleast a cam. I would say if you wannt get hom fro ma dig, 4.10s, drag radials, full bolt ons and most likely you guys wil lbe close unless hes a really really good driver. But on a roll race hes gonna get you until you have a cam most likely.
    I trapped 114 mph in the 1/4 with full bolt ons, thats not too far behind. I have heard that the IRS makes the car hard to launch which would be driver mod. And.......I have to edit my last post because it looks confusing.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I trapped 114 mph in the 1/4 with full bolt ons, thats not too far behind. I have heard that the IRS makes the car hard to launch which would be driver mod. And.......I have to edit my last post because it looks confusing.
    Irs makes cars in general harder to launch, but the way the suspension is on the vette it is much easy to launch than most IRS sports cars. Thats the main reason the c6 z06 with 505hp weighing 3300lbs has put up better times than the 500 and 600hp vipers weighing around 3500lbs.

Your right not too far behind, the slow z06s that is. How about against a 119mph, 5mph is a good amount slower.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Irs makes cars in general harder to launch, but the way the suspension is on the vette it is much easy to launch than most IRS sports cars. Thats the main reason the c6 z06 with 505hp weighing 3300lbs has put up better times than the 500 and 600hp vipers weighing around 3500lbs.

Your right not too far behind, the slow z06s that is. How about against a 119mph, 5mph is a good amount slower.
    For the OP it is......not me anymore heheh

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Hopefully I can get the same Z06 that I ran to go again this year before snow. I will try and get a better driver for the Z06, because his shifts were slow compared to mine. Did get to ride in it and was extremely impressed by the suspension. Took it up to 140 mph and it rode like a dream.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

i threw a z06 cam in and upgraded my rods and everything....i beat a z06 one night on the interstate...not by much but i beat him..lol

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Brad(WS/Z0.6) View Post
    i threw a z06 cam in and upgraded my rods and everything....i beat a z06 one night on the interstate...not by much but i beat him..lol
    So you put a z06 cam in your car? but had the stock f-body heads? Stock f-body gearing? stock f-body weight?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thats said Z06

My car but since that picture, the engine has been de-riced out

I just got ahold of the Z06 driver by phone. It has catback and K&N intake at the time of the race. But it has C6 Z06 chrome wheels which would add weight to the car

Arctic White, red/gray

Tell the driver that i will ride out to meet you guys and he should let me race you in the z06, did you get your cam isntall done?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Tell the driver that i will ride out to meet you guys and he should let me race you in the z06, did you get your cam isntall done?
    Yup, what I have in my sig up top is installed and ready to rock. I am just waiting on TSP Y-pipe which will be here Monday and next Friday the exhaust gets put on......then I'm driving for about 10 days straight Still not done, done with it. Want a Fast 92/92, EWP, and bigger injectors....that should get rid of my mod bug for a couple months

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Oh and when I raced him the first time, he had only been driving a manual for about 2 months to my 8 years That race was about 2 years ago with my car being worked on for a year so he should be a much much better driver by now, you would think

Thread Information