Red
    98 SS Camaro

Is it worth it????

be honest and would it be worth it at all to get the hypertech programmer for my car. I found somone selling it for 100 and i want to know. Will i notice any change in the car??

And another question. Will my car sound like crap after i put slp loudmouth, along with my existing lt headers and ory.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    be honest and would it be worth it at all to get the hypertech programmer for my car. I found somone selling it for 100 and i want to know. Will i notice any change in the car??

And another question. Will my car sound like crap after i put slp loudmouth, along with my existing lt headers and ory.
    Hypertech is good for a few things, changing the temp the fans come on, changing shift points and if you change your gears out you can adjust for that as well. The power tune is a waste though.

The long tubes+ORY+loudmouth exhaust is a love or hate thing. Its extremely obnoxiously LOUD and can be raspy but you will either love it or hate it. You are likely to attract law enforcement attention due to its high decibel level so keep that in mind.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Red
    98 SS Camaro

i have an m6. Will i notice any power gains? And Is the exausht really that annoying. Or does it have that muscle car sound to it?

Red
    98 SS Camaro

i mean the prgrammer is only 100. would it be worth the 100 for the gains i would fell? or should i get an slp intake instead for that money?

Red
    98 SS Camaro

by intake, i meant the lid

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

4-5 years ago when I was just starting out in the LS1 scene, I purchased a hypertech, it was one of my first mods, after a lid and catback. On the same day, I dynoed my vert with the hypertech tuning and then for the next pull I removed the hypertech tuning and dynoed a few HP higher without the hypertech tuning. Its not worth the $100 IMO. For the few good things it can accomplish, anyone with real tuning capabilities can do all that stuff and a lot more for you. I would invest the $100 in other areas.

The longtube+ORY+LM setup will sound like a nascar at certain RPMS(3000+). At certain RPMS(2000-2500) it will sound very raspy and similar to several machine guns being shot off. M6 cars can control the RPMS better, so that would be in your favor. I liked it for about 6 months but got sick of it pretty fast. You might be one of the ones that loves it though.

Red
    98 SS Camaro

lmao. are you being serious when you say it sounds like a nascar?

and from what your telling me about the tunner, i should drop that idea and buy a lid for the car instead along with a k&n air filter?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    lmao. are you being serious when you say it sounds like a nascar?

and from what your telling me about the tunner, i should drop that idea and buy a lid for the car instead along with a k&n air filter?
    Yes, drop the idea about the hypertech, and get a lid/filter

I am serious about the nascar. At high RPMs it sounds really good and LOUD like a nascar. At lower RPMs don't be surprised if you drive through a parking lot and people are hitting the pavement because they think bullets are flying.

Red
    98 SS Camaro

lmfao. you just sold it to me. i going to go ahead and order it.

Black
    1998 Formula

i say get the loudmouth, and put the borla muffler with it.

Get a lid and do the FRA mod and call it a day. No PROGRAMMER

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Im getting a borla, I know they are kind of pricey, is it worth it?

Resident F-body helper
    If you were to get a programmer I like the Fuego Flash Tuner better. Sure it costs more, but extremely versatile.

Red
    98 SS Camaro

i decided to go with the slp loudmouth 2 as apposed to the regular loud mouth. But what tips looks better on a camaro the dual tips or the 3 1/2 slash tips?

black/pewter
    1999 Z28

i went with the loudmouth and the quad tips. Sound is LOUD, I like it, but have to turn up the radio to hear over it. And watch out when you start it after setting for a few hours, it is REAL LOUD until it idles down. People in the hotels hate it I'm sure when I'm there and get up early in the AM. If you want to be heard so the heads turn your way, GO FOR IT!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I have LT's, ORY and a FLowmaster catback...which is OK for just driving back and forth to work. Then I hit the button for the electic cutout and get a nasty, screaming NASCAR like sound.......the car has a nice rumble to it and volume that would make even most Mustang drivers cringe! It was certainly a worthwhile $200. purchase and gives you a lot of flexibility (if you need it to be quiet and reserved, it can...but it's only about 4 seconds from loud and raunchy)!!

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

With just LT's, no cats and magnaflow catback my car was annoying loud. At night where I live it is very quiet(small 14 house community), would wake people up leaving 6 houses away and we are all on about 3/4 to1 acre lots. I didn't like the raspy machine gun sound at times though, so cats are back on. May go X pipe and true duals now. I like my Predator handheld tuner though..went from 284 rwhp to 307.1 ...after longtubes I needed a tune.. added another 20+ rwhp just dialing in the A/F ratio with the handheld on the wideband(so was over 30rwhp hp gain with the LT's).

Thread Information