Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

Will a cop pull u over even if???????????

Will a cop still pull u over,even if u have ur front license plate on the drivers side front window,u know were the vin # is at????????

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

completely officers descretion. i would think as long as you aren't doing anything to bring negative attention to yourself, you're set...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Only if they are pricks. It's not where it's supposed to be so they can.

if they don't see it in the windshield

I can't believe there are still states out there requiring front license plates. Can't they cut their costs in half by eliminating them? Oh wait, they're advertising...making the vehicle owner pay anyway...traffic cameras...easier in big cities for cops to write parking tickets at meters...ought to be a law against having to carry a web address on them too! Sorry, rant off.

black
    2000 camaro z28

actually from personal experience...putting the plate in the windshield is the absolute worst thing to do.... i found it just draws attention to the fact that you dont have one on the front...if your gonna take it off...just take it off and keep it in the trunk ...trust me on this one

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Only if they are pricks.
    so yea they'll pull you over

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I just saw a Charger cop car. They look bad ass when they are in police trim!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I just saw a Charger cop car. They look bad ass when they are in police trim!
    ya, they have those in Long Beach. they're way better than crown vics.

Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

Out here they have a Z28,hes a highway patrol though,u cant even tell cuz the top lights are so thin,so u better not pass him up n try to race,that shit would b funny

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

they have Z28 highway patrol cars all over Texas, I was so stoked when I drove by like, 3 of them in a speed trap. can't get away from those.

Can't wait for spring... GraigZ28's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Z28 M6 40,000 Miles

Front Plates...

up here the local cops don't get too worried about front plates, but the state troopers do, they will pull you over just for that. I personally have never run a front plate on my Z28 in 7+ years, but I just may have jinxed myself too?!

white/yellow
    96/2010 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Albert87 View Post
    Will a cop still pull u over,even if u have ur front license plate on the drivers side front window,u know were the vin # is at????????
    Well it depends on what state you are in. Here in illinois the front plate has to be mounted in the center of the bumper clearly visible and at least 12 inches i believe from the ground. its stupid

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

ditto for NY. it pisses me off that my slp ss grill is being obstructed, but i dont have the balls to risk $100+ tickets. plus once they pull me over for the plate i'm sure they'd give me another ticket for my tints being too dark (the law in NY just went from 35% to freaking 70%, might as well not have tints). so yea basically NY state sucks.

ADDICTED!!!

black
    2002 Camaro SS

Here in wisconsin, the cops will pull you over for not having a front plate. This is in most part because THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO !!!!!! What I do is drive around with no front plate (I usualy get rolled once every 2 years or so) and when they pull you over they give a ten day warning to fix it. So I go home and install it with the bracket I made that velcros to the front and go to the cop shop and have them sign off. Then while still in the parking lot I walk over and pull it back off, then leave.

Same law here in Ohio. I mount mine on both of my 4th gens,,,down on the front air dam. It's visable as long as you stand about 10 feet back from the car. A cop coming straight at you can see it easily enough.
    I got this idea from another 4th gen owner in the area, and I have seen a handfull of others like this.
    I have been doing it for a few years and only been pulled over a couple of times. I was just told this is a grey area but they have always just let me go.
    I'm not drilling holes in the 97 for a bracket, and I'm not taking the SS grille off of the 02,,,,so mounting on the air damn is just fine for me. If it doesn't satisfy them,,,tough,,,I will just pay the tickets, I don't care either way.
    Definately do not set it up on the dash,,,bad bad bad idea Larry.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Same law here in Ohio. I mount mine on both of my 4th gens,,,down on the front air dam. It's visable as long as you stand about 10 feet back from the car. A cop coming straight at you can see it easily enough.
    I got this idea from another 4th gen owner in the area, and I have seen a handfull of others like this.
    I have been doing it for a few years and only been pulled over a couple of times. I was just told this is a grey area but they have always just let me go.
    I'm not drilling holes in the 97 for a bracket, and I'm not taking the SS grille off of the 02,,,,so mounting on the air damn is just fine for me. If it doesn't satisfy them,,,tough,,,I will just pay the tickets, I don't care either way.
    Definately do not set it up on the dash,,,bad bad bad idea Larry.

Why is it such a bad idea? And can I see a pic of how yours is mounted? We got the stupid law here too. I figure I'll just keep it under the seat and tell the cop it was a little loose or something and didn't want it to fall off...lol

I can take a pic tomorrow and post it on here, no problem.

SMKDFRD
    I live in California and my friend got a fix it ticket for having his licence plate in the window. But my SS doesn't have a front plate, it's in the trunk, lol. I asked a CHP officer if I would get a ticket or not and he said the CHP won't but city police or she Sherrif will.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

its called insecure licence plate. they can even ticket you for not having the right fasteners holding the plate on . nut and bolt or factory fasteners not string , tiestraps, wire etc

Thread Information