Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Why do people hate on camaros?

So I used to own a Prelude. Love the car and I always let people know that I love Preludes whenever I see them. So I still go to Preludepower.com because like I said I love preludes. They know about my accident and how I got a camaro now. It seems like whenever I mention ANYTHING about my car people talk shit on ANYTHING they can. Is it just honda people? Or are they just jackasses?

TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    So I used to own a Prelude. Love the car and I always let people know that I love Preludes whenever I see them. So I still go to Preludepower.com because like I said I love preludes. They know about my accident and how I got a camaro now. It seems like whenever I mention ANYTHING about my car people talk shit on ANYTHING they can. Is it just honda people? Or are they just jackasses?
    man dawg they just mad that our ls1's make more power than them stock....

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Well make more power than hondas I'd hope so. How can people think camaros are ugly? I mean I can understand not liking them. But any true car enthusiast has to give it props.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

i don't think it's just honda owners. A lot of my friends even find ways to hate on my car, calling it a catfish and ugly and such. Their cars are more powerful than mine so theres nothing I can really do about it to shut them up haha. Surprisingly my Cobra friend and GT friend have a lot more respect for my car than my Evo and STi friends. I am in no way biased towards american cars, I love both the Evo and STi, I just wish they had a bit more respect for my car like I have for theirs. I think it really all just has to do with peoples level of maturity.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

For the same reason people hate on imports and other stuff, everyone has differing tastes and desires. People are not robots.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Yeah I agree with you. If its really a nice car wether it looks good or bad I'll give it props. I love the STI and evo too. Its just EVERYTIME I post my camaro they hate on it big time. This guy is driving an egg shaped civic SI calls my car ugly. I LOL'd at him in his 16 second civic.

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298502

That thread for example. I mention my camaro and people start attacking me. Its like jeesus fucking christ.

black
    99 z28 a4

i yawn when i drive my dads civic... great car easy to work on great on gas but its not a "fun car"... i get stared down by honda guys when driving past... why build sumthing 300hp when u can start with it...lol

black
    99 z28 a4

ugly big block camaro hahaha atleast if you gunna talk shit know your shit first...

camaro- wanna be vette...... honda- wants to be a lawn mower lol
    Last edited by jray0305usa; 08-21-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

There are a million chumps out there that don't like anything that can whoop there ass. They will look at you from the rear view or glance at you while passing but, not too many imports have the balls to put their money where their mouth is.

The ones that do still can't pick up chicks like an F-body guy anyways.

92 K Blazer/'03 H-D Deuce

most ppl are closed minded dumbasses who cant get over themselves and their interests. I say to each his own.. whatever makes you happy, BUT, i dont care what you drive. IF you got cheesy aftermarket shit on your car, i wont put you down, but i'll laugh at you and your ride.

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    For the same reason people hate on imports and other stuff, everyone has differing tastes and desires. People are not robots.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Their just pissed off becasue your car stock with no work is faster then their car is with what you payed for it sunk into it. However you cant drag a domestic into import territory its kinda just like asking for flaming, Infact its like begging for it. As for 300zx TTs in good/excellent condition tell the pinhead to
    L2 Speedforsale.com they have about 6 TT 300zx's in woundeful condition ney perfect. I really hate pinheads like that.

http://www.speedforsale.com/viewcar....20Car%20Models

The domestic car market didnt start all these idiots in civics thinking their car was fast, Hollywood did, blame them. Im sure if a new Smokie and the Bandit movie came out the price on older Trans Ams would skyrocket. But seriously that makes me laugh. But next time i would and just let them bable, bring up your car only if they say something about it, otherwise just talk about the one you used to have.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

Each car is designed to do something different. I try to give some of these rices respect though because some of them have given me a real run for my money on the roads here. I have also had them asking me to do burnouts and giving me thumbs up at a light. I just think its the people that you are talking to.
    Lloyd - 2002 Pewter Z-28, T-Tops, Hurst Shifter, Corsa Exhaust, MAF Upgrade, Diablo Sport Tune, Centerforce HD Clutch, SLP lightened flywheel, SLP cold air kit w/ bellows, K&N Filter, Coming soon Ported and Polished heads.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Its called jeasousy. Very common symptom exhibited by drivers of japanese cars, especially hondas.

When your friend's car looks and sounds 100x better than yours does, and its a hell of a lot faster, people tend to get jealous. Welcome to the world of the Honda boy/ricer.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

ive yet to meet anyone that doesnt like camaros/trans ams. all my friends think my car is really nice looking and fast. i even have people/kids in honda's tellin me i have a nice looking camaro.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

I moved from a twin turbo dodge stealth to my camaro but yet i still hang out with my import buddies (99.9% evos) on Saturday nights. I get a little bit of shit for it but i know none of them are serious.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Yeah I agree with you. If its really a nice car wether it looks good or bad I'll give it props.
    I agree, a nice car, is a nice car.

However, I am bias toward American Muscle!

Always have been, always will be

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

what i love is when your just crusein down the freeway mindin your own and here comes some lil ricer and you glance over bc you notice another car near you right and they give you this go to hell dirty as f--- look and then the punch it and fire up their weed wacker lol or if your on a date and they try talkin to your girl and she blows them off and tells you to punch it thats fun but the best is when your at a red light and a ricer pulls up next to you and starts makein cat calls at ladies on the sidewalk and they end up walkin up to your car not theres and you didnt even say hi lol thats the best lol

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

its like this....say u and a group of ur friends all work at micki d's(drive preludes) u get fired and find another gig workin for ur state (buy a camaro) they all gonna hate cause u went from low numbers to start to stack something great...i hope this helps clear up the smoke...if not put some in tha air on them playa haters!
    Last edited by SAGGIN; 08-22-2008 at 08:54 AM.

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

yeah reading that made me kinda mad. big block, camaro=fake vette, bike under 13's. yeah they should know their sh!t 1st. bike=11's or faster. bunch of duesch bags

Thread Information