Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

What's it worth (I'm bored)

So I love my car, but in case something happens and I need to sell, just curious as to what it would probably go for? Iam at work, end of the day, and bored, so I just wanted to see. Mods are in my Sig. 2001 Camaro SS Black M6, 48k miles.
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro SS M6
    Thunder Racing 224/224 .563/.563 112 LSA
    FLP longtube headers (No cats) and y pipe
    GMMG catback
    Underdrive pulley
    LS1 motorsports lid
    PRO 5.0 with Lous Short stick
    Lower control arms,adjustable panhard bar, subframe connectors.
    NITTO 555RII's

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedWorld View Post
    So I love my car, but in case something happens and I need to sell, just curious as to what it would probably go for? Iam at work, end of the day, and bored, so I just wanted to see. Mods are in my Sig. 2001 Camaro SS Black M6, 48k miles.
    i didn't look anything up on blue book, but my guess would be around 15k

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post

Cool, just curious because of the mods too, I know sometimes it lowers the value for one person, but increases the value for the other, depending on what they are looking for.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Moved since this isn't an actual for sale thread.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    2005 GTO

14-15k sounds about right. I depends on the area as well, Around here ls1 f-bodies have been going for dirt cheap. A buddy of mine just sold his immaculate 01 with I believe around 60k for 9 grand. Blue book was around 12-13 but no one around here is buying them at those prices maybe a few fools but you can score some nice deals these days on ls1 f-bodies.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    14-15k sounds about right. I depends on the area as well, Around here ls1 f-bodies have been going for dirt cheap. A buddy of mine just sold his immaculate 01 with I believe around 60k for 9 grand. Blue book was around 12-13 but no one around here is buying them at those prices maybe a few fools but you can score some nice deals these days on ls1 f-bodies.

That's too bad he got that low for that car. That is a crazy price, he gave that car away. I would probably not buy a z28 instead of an SS. I just love the way the SS looks with the hood and the badges. Without the hood it looks plain, just like a chrysler.

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro SS

Was wondering what mine would be worth too!

I have been thinking of selling my 2002 SOM VERT.
    It's got 22k miles, CME, M6, ZR1 wheels, Birth Cert., all the options. plus a wind stop and invisible bra on the front and mirrors.
    I love her but the thought still crosses me mind. Does anyone have an opinion on the value.
    Last edited by Cam; 12-07-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Hmmmm,,,,it's in the eye of the beholder really.

Myself,,,I prefer a bone stock car when I am shopping,,,,I don't like mods simply because I don't know if the work done is trustworthy,,,I am funny like that,,,,and prefer to do my own work.

With that said,,,,I won't pay as much for a modded car,,,and would pay more for a stock car with low miles. I feel I am getting a better car that hasn't been beat to death more or less.

As far as that 02 SS vert you are thinking of selling?

I just bought my 02 SS convertable last year,,,,in Navy Blue Metallic, tons of SLP options including CME, SS floor mats and deck mat, optional BFG tires, SS car cover, SS front grille, Portfolio and all documentation with birth certificate,,,,I mean this thing is loaded,,,,1 of only 59 made with low miles to boot,,,,owned by an elderly woman who bought it new,,,never modded,,,,then traded it in on a new Pontiac Soltice to the original selling dealer that sold her the car,,,,had all the service records from day one,,,,I couldn't go wrong with this one and only paid $15,000 out the door.

I would say the market is not as strong now,,,still sliding, and people are not buying stuff right now,,,this will reflect the price as well. It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay,,,,but considering that I bought exactly what you have,,,and I have seen a few others with similar prices,,,I wouldn't spend more for one. And I think prices will continue to fall a little more for a while,,,you may have to sit on it a while if you want more than what I paid for mine.

Will be interesting to see what the market holds for these special cars in another 10-15 years though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    Hmmmm,,,,I bought a Convertable 02 SS for that kind of money.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hmmmm,,,,I bought a Convertable 02 SS for that kind of money.

Yeah but it's worth different to more people. Mine has about $5k in mods. It's either pay $15k for a stock one, and then spend $5k out of pocket to get it where it needs to be, or buy it with the mods and make sure the work was done right. I'm pushing close to 400rwhp. It's a completely different car.
    Last edited by SpeedWorld; 12-07-2007 at 10:37 AM.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Does anyone ever look up the Kelly blue book or Nada value anymore? Personally, I never pay over those values and in most cases pay under them. A lot of times mods hurt the value of your car and Banks do not lend over KBB on cars.

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

mods definately hurt the value. especially if you have aftermarket hoods or wheels. people are scared of someone elses mods due to the fact that the car has more than likely been beat on pretty bad. i know that why we want these cars but you want bone stock when you are buying just because maybe someone has been good to the car and took care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by red99ws6 View Post
    mods definately hurt the value. especially if you have aftermarket hoods or wheels. people are scared of someone elses mods due to the fact that the car has more than likely been beat on pretty bad. i know that why we want these cars but you want bone stock when you are buying just because maybe someone has been good to the car and took care of it.
    Exactly my point,,,,which is why I wouldn't pay that kind of money for Speedworlds car,,,,doesn't matter if it makes 500 or 600 HP,,,,

Yeah but it's worth different to more people. Mine has about $5k in mods. It's either pay $15k for a stock one, and then spend $5k out of pocket to get it where it needs to be, or buy it with the mods and make sure the work was done right. I'm pushing close to 400rwhp. It's a completely different car.
    You could have $10,000 in mods,,,unfortunately it doesn't make the car worth more money. I could mod the crap out of my 02 SS convertable,,,won't make it worth more money either. I believe just as we have seen with the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's,,,the most desirable 4th gens will also bring good money in years to come,,,,and modding them will kill that value in the eyes of the buyer/collector.

Fact is if a T-top SS and a Convertable SS are 4-sale side by side,,,the Convertable will more than likely bring a higher selling price due to low production number and higher desirability,,,,whether either one is modded or not.

Not Knocking your car, I am sure it's nice,,,but any car modded deserves close scrutiny,,,I have seen some work on these cars after kids have had these cars,,,it's scary. Done by a professional shop is one thing,,,but anything modded for more HP has me questioning the ability of that stock whimpy 10 bolt rearend. Everyone is so hooked on HP,,,,but I perosnally wouldn't even consider a modded 4th gen if it didn't have a 12 bolt or 9 inch rearend in it as well.

I see alot of 500 and 600 HP cars forsale all the time,,,,still sporting the stock 10 bolt,,,,,noooooo thanks. That tells me a little bit about the person who owns the car, and makes me a little skeptical before even laying eyes on the car.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You could have $10,000 in mods,,,unfortunately it doesn't make the car worth more money. I could mod the crap out of my 02 SS convertable,,,won't make it worth more money either. I believe just as we have seen with the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's,,,the most desirable 4th gens will also bring good money in years to come,,,,and modding them will kill that value in the eyes of the buyer/collector.

Fact is if a T-top SS and a Convertable SS are 4-sale side by side,,,the Convertable will more than likely bring a higher selling price due to low production number and higher desirability,,,,whether either one is modded or not.

Not Knocking your car, I am sure it's nice,,,but any car modded deserves close scrutiny,,,I have seen some work on these cars after kids have had these cars,,,it's scary. Done by a professional shop is one thing,,,but anything modded for more HP has me questioning the ability of that stock whimpy 10 bolt rearend. Everyone is so hooked on HP,,,,but I perosnally wouldn't even consider a modded 4th gen if it didn't have a 12 bolt or 9 inch rearend in it as well.

I see alot of 500 and 600 HP cars forsale all the time,,,,still sporting the stock 10 bolt,,,,,noooooo thanks. That tells me a little bit about the person who owns the car, and makes me a little skeptical before even laying eyes on the car.
    Yeah that definitely makes sense. I was skeptical about buying this one but it looked over and it was done at a shop. The reason the guy was selling before is because he is going to Iraq. 30 yr old man with 2 kids. He was going away for 2 years. I couldn't imagine doing that.

On the other note I don't plan on selling this car unless some major happens, so it wouldn't make much sense for me to keep it stock, stock feels slow after driving a modded one.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

rule of thumb when it goes to restoreing or moding a car. YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK. and you will often lose money. About the only mod that you might make out on is a new rear-end in these cars and then you won't get your money back out of them.

The value of the cars depreciates every year so, if you mod your car, don't expect to get your money back.That is why I keep all my stock parts to put back on if I go to sell and then sell the performance parts seperately.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    rule of thumb when it goes to restoreing or moding a car. YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK. and you will often lose money. About the only mod that you might make out on is a new rear-end in these cars and then you won't get your money back out of them.

The value of the cars depreciates every year so, if you mod your car, don't expect to get your money back.That is why I keep all my stock parts to put back on if I go to sell and then sell the performance parts seperately.

Yep. I know many people who have put tons on money into their rides and never see any of it back. It sucks, but for most it is worth the fun.
    Last edited by SpeedWorld; 12-08-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Yep. I know many people who have put tons on money into their rides and never see any of it back. It sucks, but for most it is worth fun.
    I agree,,,,it is very fun,,,,and makes this hobby interesting. Making the car your own is what it's all about.

its worth whatever you get get out of it and/or replacement cost. Such as, how much money would to take to buy another car of similar value after all things are considered. ie. reliability, longevity, performance, appearance and quality

The book value on my car is not very high, but replacement cost for it would be higher. So, to me, it's not worth selling. It runs too good to sell for 5 or 7 thousand dollars. Plus, there arnt very many 97 camaros in as good condition as mine. So, you have to ask yourself these questions and be honest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    its worth whatever you get get out of it and/or replacement cost. Such as, how much money would to take to buy another car of similar value after all things are considered. ie. reliability, longevity, performance, appearance and quality

The book value on my car is not very high, but replacement cost for it would be higher. So, to me, it's not worth selling. It runs too good to sell for 5 or 7 thousand dollars. Plus, there arnt very many 97 camaros in as good condition as mine. So, you have to ask yourself these questions and be honest about it.
    I am in the same boat with my wifes 97 Z28 convertable,,,probably not worth much,,,but it's low miles and runs great,,,,I would like to replace it with another LS1 convertable but it's really not justified with all things considered,,,,there aren't many LT1 verts running around, and ours is very nice and well cared for anyway. I don't know what book value is on it,,,,probably not more than $7-8,000 so why bother selling.

Thread Information