Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Silver
    98 Z28

What should be my next LS1 Camaro?

Hey,

I currently have a 1998 Camaro Z28 A4 with 71000 miles. I'm looking to get a newer LS1 Camaro with less miles. I'm not sure if I want to get an SS or a Z28 and im not exactly sure which year Camaro I should get. Also i'm definitely looking for an M6. What kind of gears would you prefer? After I sell my Z28 i'll have somewhere in the range of $12k. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Evan

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

a 98 with only 71k is not bad at all..............get a 01-02 ss they have the ls6 intake..............performance is about the same ss a little better but appearance the ss is much better

Silver
    98 Z28

yea i agree, some guy in like an '01-'02 Red SS parked next to me and i was just like damn, looks so much better. i like those stock ss rims too, not the Zr1s.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

why dont you just do some appearance upgrades to your 98 ?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Get a Z28.

-Cheaper insurance
    -They look fine imo, if done right.

However, if you want the wow factor of an SS by people who don't know anything about a 4th gen f-body....well then pay more for nothing, and get the SS.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Get a Z28.

-Cheaper insurance
    -They look fine imo, if done right.

However, if you want the wow factor of an SS by people who don't know anything about a 4th gen f-body....well then pay more for nothing, and get the SS.
    Z28's look very good but.......paying more = better looking car .............its kinda like having a v6 camaro and saying well paying more for a z28 is nothing

Silver
    98 Z28

thanks for your input. i like giving people the "wow factor" haha. id rather just buy the SS with a 6 speed instead of worrying about adding any more parts to my Z28. all those parts add up and i wanna find a car with less miles. I prob wont sell my car until i have 80xxx miles on it anyway.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    Z28's look very good but.......paying more = better looking car .............its kinda like having a v6 camaro and saying well paying more for a z28 is nothing
    see that's where u didn't understand what i was saying, i'm comparing an ls1 to an ls1. you are comparing a v6 to a v8 and not just any v8 man...i'm not gonna start an argument about it

i already gave the OP my opinion, it's up to him now

Silver
    98 Z28

dont get me wrong I love my Z28, im really just looking for a M6. and while im on that track i think i might just go with an SS because of the suspension and rear gears as well.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

see that's where u didn't understand what i was saying, i'm comparing an ls1 to an ls1. you are comparing a v6 to a v8 and not just any v8 man...i'm not gonna start an argument about it

i already gave the OP my opinion, it's up to him now
    I want argue dont worry, but to say that paying extra for a SS = nothing is just not true

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I dont see whats wrong with your current car?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

well, Z28s are perfectly fine. They can perform just as well as any SS can, but SS's look better. You can make a Z28 look like an SS, but it will still be a Z28, which will perform just as well. But, you'd have to put in extra money into the Z28 which would probably add on an extra $1,500 or so after paint, and you'd just end up with a clone. Clone's won't be worth as much. When I was shopping for an LS1 Camaro I was expecting to get a Z28, which was fine by me, but I got a deal on my SS, and I'm totally glad that I spent the extra two grand or so for my car. Girls love it, and I still have pride whenever I see a Z28 drive by, since I know that my car has more of that "wow" factor. the point is, chicks dig the SS hood.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by furyev View Post
    Hey,

I currently have a 1998 Camaro Z28 A4 with 71000 miles. I'm looking to get a newer LS1 Camaro with less miles. I'm not sure if I want to get an SS or a Z28 and im not exactly sure which year Camaro I should get. Also i'm definitely looking for an M6. What kind of gears would you prefer? After I sell my Z28 i'll have somewhere in the range of $12k. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Evan
    I think with $12K and some patient searching, you should be able to find a decent 01-02 SS. It will be hard to find one with lower miles than your current car for that price though.

As far as Z28 vs SS, you rarely hear someone wishing they had saved their money and gotten a Z over the SS.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    well, Z28s are perfectly fine. They can perform just as well as any SS can, but SS's look better. You can make a Z28 look like an SS, but it will still be a Z28, which will perform just as well. But, you'd have to put in extra money into the Z28 which would probably add on an extra $1,500 or so after paint, and you'd just end up with a clone. Clone's won't be worth as much. When I was shopping for an LS1 Camaro I was expecting to get a Z28, which was fine by me, but I got a deal on my SS, and I'm totally glad that I spent the extra two grand or so for my car. Girls love it, and I still have pride whenever I see a Z28 drive by, since I know that my car has more of that "wow" factor. the point is, chicks dig the SS hood.
    not only do my racing stripes add 30rwhp and 26rwtq, but they also compensate for the hood scoop

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

not only do my racing stripes add 30rwhp and 26rwtq, but they also compensate for the hood scoop
    hey where u buy them I want some

black
    1999 Camaro SS

nothing compensates for the hood scoop inless its a bigger hood scoop

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    hey where u buy them I want some
    i got them from a guy in LA, he was pretty cool, cuz he's been "cooking rice" as he says it, since the fast and the furious days...whatever that means. none the less they are custom, worth more than your life, and they are carbon fiber, so that subtracts about 100lbs from my car. somehow magnetic north pulls the car upward making the overall weight of the car lighter...don't ask me how he did it. if i were driving from nebraska to iowa, you think the car would pull to the left, but now that the stripes have a "custom" built-in gps system that locks onto geosynchronous satellites, well, it knows when to turn the magnets on and such. pretty amazing if you ask me, i was gonna pull them off and sell them on ebay to see what I could get for em. I'll put them up in the for sale section if you are interested. then i could get an SS hoodscoop

Midnight Blue
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Just thought I would throw in my $.02 here...

If you are looking for an "All in 1, leave it as it is package", then keep your eyes set on an M6 SS.

If you eventually plan to "fix up" or put money into your LS1, (& dont mind keeping your A4),
    then your Z28 may not be such a bad foundation for many reasons already listed in this thread.

I went with the 2nd suggestion myself as you can see by clicking my sig for pics.

I am proud to roll Z28 badges!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

i got them from a guy in LA, he was pretty cool, cuz he's been "cooking rice" as he says it, since the fast and the furious days...whatever that means. none the less they are custom, worth more than your life, and they are carbon fiber, so that subtracts about 100lbs from my car. somehow magnetic north pulls the car upward making the overall weight of the car lighter...don't ask me how he did it. if i were driving from nebraska to iowa, you think the car would pull to the left, but now that the stripes have a "custom" built-in gps system that locks onto geosynchronous satellites, well, it knows when to turn the magnets on and such. pretty amazing if you ask me, i was gonna pull them off and sell them on ebay to see what I could get for em. I'll put them up in the for sale section if you are interested. then i could get an SS hoodscoop
    na dont degrade yourself by getting an SS hood

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by furyev View Post
    Hey,

Thanks!

Evan
    ill sell u a Trans Am Firehawk for 14

Thread Information