Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

What Do You Think?????????

I've been looking for a Camaro/Trans Am with an LS1 now for about a year and have come across this one... it is...
    2002 Camaro SS
    Black w/ Black leather
    Automatic
    39,600 Miles
    Corvette Rims
    All with a Rebuilt Title...

He's asking 13K for it... IS IT WORTH IT????????

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Rebuilt title=not worth it IMO.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

If I do buy the car... I wont be selling it... I'm not sure if that makes a difference

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

That makes a difference, because people shy away from rebuilt titles and its very difficult to sell a car with a rebuilt title.

Do you know what was damaged on the car that caused it to have rebuilt title?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Yes, find out what was fixed. My grand am has a salvage title, only thing damaged was the rear bumper, 40k miles later it drives great!

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

It was hit in the drivers door, I'm not totally sure of the extent of the damage, I haven't ran a Carfax report yet but plan on it along with test driving it before I buy it, if I do.

The guy that is selling it bought it after it was fixed and he isn't totally sure of the damage that it received. He assured me it was 100% fixed and road safe in every way.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Powerhouse View Post
    It was hit in the drivers door, I'm not totally sure of the extent of the damage, I haven't ran a Carfax report yet but plan on it along with test driving it before I buy it, if I do.

The guy that is selling it bought it after it was fixed and he isn't totally sure of the damage that it received. He assured me it was 100% fixed and road safe in every way.

Find out if it had any frame damage.

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

No frame damage

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

No frame damage
    As long as you plan to keep the car basically forever, I would go for it then

Just realized it has the center mount exhaust(CME). Thats a good score!
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 05-28-2007 at 06:55 PM.

RED
    99 Trans Am

I've been looking for a Camaro/Trans Am with an LS1 now for about a year and have come across this one... it is...
    2002 Camaro SS
    Black w/ Black leather
    Automatic
    39,600 Miles
    Corvette Rims
    All with a Rebuilt Title...

He's asking 13K for it... IS IT WORTH IT????????

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    well in most cases u can't finance anything with a rebuilt title so i hope you have some $$$ sometimes you really luck out tho with cars with rebuilt titles a lot of thos cars are like perfect they just do it to get insurance

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Down here you can get a good rebuilt one for half of that price, for 13 grand I can buy one thats never had a scratch on it
    But then again thats really good mileage hehe

black
    02 z28 vert M6

so no one else sees how the MAF is twisted and "stock" intake is missing a few parts??....unless thats how the SS's look? tell me rong?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

I stay away from rebuilt titles.

Quote Originally Posted by First Spray777 View Post
    so no one else sees how the MAF is twisted and "stock" intake is missing a few parts??....unless thats how the SS's look? tell me rong?
    Yes the MAF is twisted but that can be fixed, and I don't see anything missing from the intake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Black
    1998 Z/28

the only thing i see different from my stock z/28 air box is the baffles between the actual lid and maf but i think this may be stock on some SS's.
    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelieke5.jpg361hp 351tq 98 Z/28 A4 SLP Lid/Smooth Bellow/LM2 K&N Filter Pacesetter Headers TSP Y Pipe Z06 Style Wheels B&M shifter Yank 3200 Prothane Motor/Trans Mounts Torquer V2/7.425" p-rods/Comp Springs
    $, the replacement for displacement.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

no way, price is way to high...

i have a 2000ss with less miles than that and a clean title and i doubt i would see $13k...

look at the spoiler, it's not flush with the hatch, look at the hood compared to the front clip, again not flush, hood fitment to the passenger front fender (outta whack), shit doesn't look right on the car to me, for only being hit in the 'driver's door'...

if it were me, id pass it up and get a car with a good title, and a lot less worries...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

i was reading this thread and was like "daaamn thats a awesome price and it even has the cme!" then i saw at the end it was rebuilt - i would stay away. good things come to those who wait. i waited about 2 years to find my car but when i did come across it, it was everything i wanted and more. i'm glad i didn't settle for another car months before.

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

noob question... what is a MAF?

heres my opinion, trust NO ONE!

When i bought my car the guy said everything was fine and that it was completely road safe. at the time the car had skinnies and slicks on it and i ran a carfax report on it because he kept hinting at getting the skinnies off bc they arent safe on the highway. Carfax had nothing because he didnt file a report. I talked to a few of my buddies that "knew him" from the track and i was told the car was run balls out at the track most of the time and that he used nitrous and WHILE on the highway driving at 70 one of the front skinnies wiggled because some of the lugnuts were loose and the wheel flew off, so basicall he was going 70 slowing down with 3 times and a rotor, totally FU@ked up the passenger side front end. He also told me he didnt use nitrous and tried hiding it from me because he knew i was new with camaros so he put black electrical tape around the nitrous shot hooked up to the fuel lines so it kinda blended in and removed all the hoses.

AFter finding out he lied about half of the car we got the price reduced to 3500 for a 99 z that has perfectly fine body work now with a little hood mis alignment (not noticeable) with 85k. I used the extra 3k to buy all new after market internals and an intake so were out of the nitrous problem now. Heres how the car looked when i first bought it, as to what i did with it to make it look a 100x more BEA utiful
    BEFORE:

AFTER:

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I don't know about Illinois state - but in NV - I don't think we can get full coverage insurance on a rebuilt title. You also want to check with your state on the laws of the guy selling the rebuilt title & what you need to do to register a rebuilt car. www.il.dmv.org

I was looking at one here in NV, and in searching, found bad story's of people not being able to register the car in their state......I didn't buy it.

Good Luck,

Black, Primer
    2002 SS SLP 1970 RS

Good call you really dont want to make that kind of investment. I know that it is for fun but you have to keep the idea IF you decide to sell the car can you get a decent portion of money out of it. Good to hear that you let it go. There was a red 2000 SS with T tops and 6 speed 75 thousand for 12900 private party here in Sacramento. If you live any where near here it seemed to be a verry nice car. The only reason that I am not purchasing it is that I found a 2002 ss XSLP a little more than I wanted to spend 16K but It seems to be really clean. I think I am going to buy it tomorrow it is number 2511 I think dont have the info in front of me. But if you want I can get you the info on the one here in Sacramento.
    Thanks Jeff D

Thread Information