Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunset Orange Metallic
    01 Super Sexy SS

what do you guys think?

I am looking for a SS as you guys know... I havent had luck w/ any black SS's but I am thinking about settleling for NBM. anyways I saw a 99-ss for sale. It has 53500 mi and they're asking 15950(over priced ). I checked the KBB on it and it showed up as 12750.I've noticed most SS are over priced compared to the blue book prices. How low do you guys think I can have him drop the price, or should just move on to something else.
    Here is the link...
    http://http://www.autotrader.com/fyc...=en&cardist=36

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

your link is bad.. And that is not just overpriced it is a ripoff at that price for a 99. I would not pay anymore than 12.5 for it.

1966 Corvette Coupe

looked at a 35th collectors ed camro ss vert... FREAKING $24k..... with 35k on the clock.... WTF?

f bodies are way over priced... so you just kind have to be prepaired to wait for a good deal or pay...

-me

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    looked at a 35th collectors ed camro ss vert... FREAKING $24k..... with 35k on the clock.... WTF?

f bodies are way over priced... so you just kind have to be prepaired to wait for a good deal or pay...

-me
    Ummm what??!! F-bodies are overpriced. What did you pay for that vette? Im willing to bet I paid less for my TA. Think you can find a 98 vette for under 12k. NOPE!!

1966 Corvette Coupe

your comparing a vette to a f bod.... i love f bods... im not insulting them... i was looking for one when i found the vette... but COME ON... thats like say ha stupid vette owner he paid $45k for his vette... i only paid $32k for my Z...

i paid $21.5 for it with 35k on it...

there are some ppl on here that got REALLY good deals on thier f bods... but if you look at the recent buyers your gonna see that ppl are paying more now... Vette's are going down in price due to the C6... since there is not new f bod for ppl to trade in for... fbods are harder to find and go for higher prices... i have seen like 6 f bods on lots in the past few months... i have seen about 50 c5's... HMMMMMM.... oh and i looked at a cloth Z with 30k on it and the lowest they would go was $14.5... lets see wheels... tires... hood... and interior... and wow... i could have had a vette...

and looked at a SS and they wanted $22.5k for it with 33k.... which do you think is worth more? SS or Vette?

-me

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

There are always going to be dealerships out there looking to screw people. I bet I could find just as many overpriced vettes out there as I could F-bods if I looked in the wrong places. If you honestly looked hard to buy an F-bod and could not find one at a resonable price than you are a really bad shopper or are really impatient. I like vettes but to say an F-bod is overpriced just shows your lack of knoledge for cars. Where else are you going to find 300+ RWHP and an agressive look for under 20k?

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

Good deals will come along. I bought my 98 SS vert from lady who worked at my highschool in the library. She never drove the car hard at all. Kept everything stock, so I knew nothing was messed with also. I bought the car with 53,000 miles for 13,500.00 and it's in awesome shape! KBB on my car right now is around 14,0000.00 With all my mods I now have way over 14,000.00 in the car but it was still a good deal I thought! Keep Looking, something will come up. But like anything you usually get what you pay for.

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

I don't think 12,750 is all that bad of a price if the car is in awesome shape all around

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    There are always going to be dealerships out there looking to screw people. I bet I could find just as many overpriced vettes out there as I could F-bods if I looked in the wrong places. If you honestly looked hard to buy an F-bod and could not find one at a resonable price than you are a really bad shopper or are really impatient. I like vettes but to say an F-bod is overpriced just shows your lack of knoledge for cars. Where else are you going to find 300+ RWHP and an agressive look for under 20k?
    insulting my knowledge of cars, because i say f bods are over priced? and where can you finda a 300 plus hp car for under $20k? every frigging used car lot in america... mustang GT... a new edge will cost you what $12k with like 40k on it... hmm then $8k in the motor... you got a nasty bitch...

and what do you consider patience i looked for 6 months with 0 luck...

and honestly what do you think dealerships do... buy cars for $20k and sell them for $15k... and you consider what the wrong place? dealerships? private owners that think they have collectors items? sorry that i said f bods were over priced... it is apparently cool to pay $24k for a $27k car 5 years after it was made...

-me

Sunset Orange Metallic
    01 Super Sexy SS

Woh.....guys lets calm down. Here's what I think...take a 99-SS for example most deals you will see on the trader run 13.5-16 I think that's what they should cost but they are over priced compared to the blue book, due to the prices dropping dramaticly.I am praying for a deal on an SS and I will definately pay 12,700 for that NbM I was talking about. Only problem is that he is asking 15,950 which I think is a shit load.I am hopping I can get him to lower it to the right price. Thanks for the advice!Oh there is another Pewter SS in San diego with 33mi and we fall into the same problem price is to high 16200.00 w/ blue book being 12950

Sunset Orange Metallic
    01 Super Sexy SS

[QUOTE=wicked illusions]I am looking for a SS as you guys know... I havent had luck w/ any black SS's but I am thinking about settleling for NBM. anyways I saw a 99-ss for sale. It has 53500 mi and they're asking 15950(over priced ). I checked the KBB on it and it showed up as 12750.I've noticed most SS are over priced compared to the blue book prices. How low do you guys think I can have him drop the price, or should just move on to something else.

I got an e-mail from this guy saying that the reason he is selling it for that price is because they don't make them any more. "If any thing he has it underpriced"(this guy is Loco de la cabesa)

Last spring I bought my neighbors 99SS m6 t tops leather slp lid /loudmouth for $12750
    ONLY 32,000 miles on it. Never seen snow, rain twice. ? what could I sell it for today with 33,300 miles on it.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    insulting my knowledge of cars, because i say f bods are over priced? and where can you finda a 300 plus hp car for under $20k? every frigging used car lot in america... mustang GT... a new edge will cost you what $12k with like 40k on it... hmm then $8k in the motor... you got a nasty bitch...

and what do you consider patience i looked for 6 months with 0 luck...

and honestly what do you think dealerships do... buy cars for $20k and sell them for $15k... and you consider what the wrong place? dealerships? private owners that think they have collectors items? sorry that i said f bods were over priced... it is apparently cool to pay $24k for a $27k car 5 years after it was made...

-me
    The Mustang did not come out with a 300+ hp till 2003 (not including the Cora R or the Saleen's). Try finding a 03 Cobra for under what I paid for my TA. The 04-05 models are close or a little over 300 to the wheels.. No where near what I paid. Corvettes, forget about it. You can buy an older civic, do a motor swap and a few grand in work and come out around 12-15k and outrun a stock LS1 too. We can argue all day long about buying older cars and moding them to beat a stock LS1 for less money but that was not what I was saying. Im talking about off the factory floor. You can't beat the performance for the price anywhere. F-bods are the best deals out there for anyone looking for a car that has potential.

1966 Corvette Coupe

umm ok how about 99 and 01 cobra's (rated over 300) and 03-04 mach 1s (runs an ls1 like a champ) and 03/04 cobras were pushing nearly 400 hp... with a pulley swap and a tune more like 425 to the wheels...

and i wasnt saying by a $4k car... i was taking a reasonably priced car same genre car... and putting the money you would save inthe motor...
    Last edited by predator; 04-04-2006 at 05:57 PM.

I would sell my 2001 SS (White) for $13000 if I could get it. It has 58,000 on it.

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

regardless if it seems that they are overpriced or not it seems that the going rate is over bluebook value, and as long as people are willing to pay the money then the prices are going to stay high. Works for me I want my car to keep its value! I have a 98 ss vert with 65,000 miles and I just had a guy offer me 16,000 for it.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Good luck finding a Cobra, only 8,000 of them made in 99. You are right, they made nearly the same power as the WS6 and according to alot of reviews were running apx the same 0-60 times. Values are about the same according to Kelley Blue Book. It might just be IMO but the TA looks a hell of alot better than the 99 Cobra. I had a buddy with a 99 Cobra who now owns a Mach 1. I ran him when he had the cobra and finished about a car and a half ahead of him to about 120. He had headers/x-pipe and 4.10's. I had full exhaust, a lid, K&N, and free mods. Was prety much a drivers race. I had an auto at the time.

Red
    1995 Z-28

link doesnt work...

1966 Corvette Coupe

99 and 01 cobras are actually not too hard to find... and a buddy just bought a vert 99 E. Green for like $15k... with 35k on it.. and mach's are pretty common...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    01 Super Sexy SS

yeah I cant get the link to work. doesn't matter the guy is not willing to work w/ the price. He said the least he would take for it is 14900, but that to over price for me. I rather get a 00-01 for that price.Oh and I checked his add and he over priced it $300.00 more than the starting price. I guess all I have to do now is wait. I thought about just getting a Z instead but I really want an SS(and yes I know the SS is appearence only). I had a Z in the past and I really want the SS. so wish me luck!Thanks again.

Thread Information