navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Weird problem I've never had before...

It involves the horn on my 2002 Camaro SS. It only works during the day for some weird ass reason. And even when it works during the day, the few times I've used it to honk at someone, it honks ok for the first split second and proceeds to die down. It's pretty sad actually, lol.

I only really started to notice it the other day whenever I get out and set my alarm, its supposed to honk twice to let me know it's active, but thats when i started noticing the honks were very weak and sounded pathetic. I found out it doesn't honk at night cause I had a car almost go head on with me and when I went to honk, nothing happened.

I've never come across this sort of problem before and really have no idea what could possibly be causing it. Any body have any clues?

Do I need just a new horn altogether? or.....?

I've already checked the fuses and they were fine, checked wiring as best as I could and didn't find anything out of the ordinary, so.....

help? haha

white

Quote Originally Posted by SajoR View Post
    It involves the horn on my 2002 Camaro SS. It only works during the day for some weird ass reason. And even when it works during the day, the few times I've used it to honk at someone, it honks ok for the first split second and proceeds to die down. It's pretty sad actually, lol.

I only really started to notice it the other day whenever I get out and set my alarm, its supposed to honk twice to let me know it's active, but thats when i started noticing the honks were very weak and sounded pathetic. I found out it doesn't honk at night cause I had a car almost go head on with me and when I went to honk, nothing happened.

I've never come across this sort of problem before and really have no idea what could possibly be causing it. Any body have any clues?

Do I need just a new horn altogether? or.....?

I've already checked the fuses and they were fine, checked wiring as best as I could and didn't find anything out of the ordinary, so.....

help? haha

had the same problem my horns were wet.. actually one but since they are wired togather sometimes they work sometimes they won't i bought a new ones at autozone for like 30 dlls otherwise u can order them oem g horns from napa (aftermarket don't have original wiring conection so u need to cut wires to installed them) get high tone and low tone oem

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

sweet man, thanks a lot, I'll be heading into town tomorrow so i'll actually be able to check them out at Autozone and see what I can find, hopefully it'll fix the problem.

If anybody else has any suggestions, feel free to post.

white

sweet man, thanks a lot, I'll be heading into town tomorrow so i'll actually be able to check them out at Autozone and see what I can find, hopefully it'll fix the problem.

If anybody else has any suggestions, feel free to post.
    if u get them at autozone brand is "blazer" 15 a piece to installed them, cut the wires AFTER the oem conector NOT before cause maybe u may get gm horns in the future so all u have to do is plug the conectors

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

sweet...I'll make sure to remember that. Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it

white

sweet...I'll make sure to remember that. Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it
    no problem glad i could help

Thread Information