Thread: warranty help

Black
    2002 Chevy Z28

warranty help

i have warranty at the dealership on my camaro. i got the recall notice for my cats(mine are out) and i was wondering if i take it in and they see my cut-out and lid if they will void my warranty or if they will give me crap for having the cut out?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28pwrHecz View Post
    i have warranty at the dealership on my camaro. i got the recall notice for my cats(mine are out) and i was wondering if i take it in and they see my cut-out and lid if they will void my warranty or if they will give me crap for having the cut out?
    Hard to say for sure one way or the other, but they probably won't. The warranty on the cats is a federal law I believe so they have to replace them for you regardless of the cutout.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Probably won't say anything about either - but depends on the dealer. Friend of mine had his drivers side replaced and had a cutout/lid - capped of course. If they do try another dealer. Unusual for both to go bad at the same time.

Black
    2002 Chevy Z28

ok sounds good. i am going to take my car to the dealership on monday. i thought it was weird also when both cats threw out those codes but hopefully they will replace both. thanks for all the help

white
    2002 z28

how bout this.
    would do i do for when there are recalls and im not the original owner who still probly gets updated to bring his car back in.

and how do i know that the recalls on my car even got taken care of, and if it is still possibol to take my car in to get fixed?

WHAT ARE THE RECALLS ANYWAYS ON THE 2002'S

primer
    65 nova

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    how bout this.
    would do i do for when there are recalls and im not the original owner who still probly gets updated to bring his car back in.

and how do i know that the recalls on my car even got taken care of, and if it is still possibol to take my car in to get fixed?

WHAT ARE THE RECALLS ANYWAYS ON THE 2002'S
    hi i'm the shop foreman at a gm service department so this is what the special coverage adjustment means - cats are normally covered under warrantry for 8yrs/80,000 miles that has been extended to 10yrs/120,000 if you have a cat related concern ie. codes P0420 P0430 your dealer should replace the cat/cats at no charge to you and you dont have to be the original owner

white
    2002 z28

so how would i know, should i just go up to any checy dealers and ask if i have any recalls. what would be the process.

and what are the total #'s of recalls

thanks for your help

primer
    65 nova

here is little more info which may help. the extended cat coverage is for 2000-2002 camaros and firebirds with an ls1. also to find out if there are any open recalls on any gm vehicle you can go to your dealer and have them "VISS" your vehicle. viss means vehicle inquiry system which is a record of what has been done to your car under warrantry and any recalls etc that need to be addressed. you need to provide the dealer your vin

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Kinda hard for me to throw those codes seeing as how I have no cats on the car.....

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by newtechnova View Post
    here is little more info which may help. the extended cat coverage is for 2000-2002 camaros and firebirds with an ls1. also to find out if there are any open recalls on any gm vehicle you can go to your dealer and have them "VISS" your vehicle. viss means vehicle inquiry system which is a record of what has been done to your car under warrantry and any recalls etc that need to be addressed. you need to provide the dealer your vin
    thanks for all the help, soon as i get some time ill do that, but besides the cats what other recalls have there been. thanks thow

Black
    2002 Chevy Z28

thanks for all ur info on this subject. i am going to take my car in tomorrow because i had finals today and i wasnt able to take it by yesterday. do u guys think i should cap the cut-out?
    Last edited by Z28pwrHecz; 05-07-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Thread Information