Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Camaro?

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Ugly Camaro?

Has any one ever told you that they think the 98-02 camaros were ugly... This friend of mine asked if it was my camaro that was outside today, thinking i was going to get a compliment i said yes why do you ask. He starts rambling on saying that he thinks it's the ugliest of all the camaro's and that he likes the third gens the best. I mean dont get me wrong i love all the other generation camaros but i am heated about this! Has anyone else had this happen to you?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

It's all personal preference. I'm sure some people out there hate 4th gens, some hate 3rd gens, 2nd... etc. I wouldn't put too much effort into the argument basket because you can't convince someone how they feel.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I'm not a fan of the grill, maybe your friend feels the same way. While I do prefer the Firebird over the Camaro, the Camaro is certainly not 'ugly'...

Just accept that your friend is dumb.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Never got that one bfore. i would be upset but just laugh at them and ignore. one day my dad got our 69 camaro out and it certaintly isnt ugly. blue with white stripes has a small dent on front end and this guy told him that 69 was the ugliest of all camaros. You just have to ignore stupidity

Pewter
    2002 camaro ss slp #2582

What was he smoking or what s**t was he on..? Lol

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

I love our front end (Especially with an SS Hood).. more than the LT1 look,.. They look like a 3rd gen and I HATE 3rd Gens

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

occasionally i hear things like this about the 4th gen bird, sayin how its too bubbly and the curves are too obnoxious.....other times i hear "wow when did you get a vette?" or "those cars are so bad ass!" its not just the camaro occasionally gets hassled...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i was at the gas station the other day and this janky fella walked up and said man that is a sweet camaro, i was like thanks man... he then proceeds to ask if it was the one that came with the supercharger. i was like uh... no not that one. too expensive

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    Has any one ever told you that they think the 98-02 camaros were ugly... This friend of mine asked if it was my camaro that was outside today, thinking i was going to get a compliment i said yes why do you ask. He starts rambling on saying that he thinks it's the ugliest of all the camaro's and that he likes the third gens the best. I mean dont get me wrong i love all the other generation camaros but i am heated about this! Has anyone else had this happen to you?
    I don't have a camaro but people who say stuff like that are jealous. When I had a 85 Corvette a Guy I know was bashing it and saying the gold color was ugly and the 85s had the weakest engine and stuff like that. I would just laugh it off.

black
    2002 z28, 2001 B4C Camaro

ive never had that problem i just think that he's an idiot cuz i love almost all gen camaros i dont think any camaro is ugly, i get complements on mine all the time i've never had that happen to me mayb he just dk what he's missin' with the 98-02 bodys lol

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Why are you letting someone else's opinion get to you?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Does your friend own a Mustang?
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

black
    2002 z28, 2001 B4C Camaro

ya just remember u got a mean ls1 car

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

i've got "it looks like a catfish" but never just straight up ugly.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It actually took me a while to warm up to the 4th gens. I was more impressed with the LS1 over all. But, it's grown on me and I can now appreciate them as a whole.

I still don't care for the 3rd gens though and will always prefer 1st gens. Even 2nd.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Yep heard this many times myself..

Also the LT1/LS1 looks never really caught on.. It has been attributed to the waining F-body sales in the 4th gens..

3rd gens are meaner looking imho.. Also dare I say better handling as well..

But I liked my 95 and my current 01 just fine too...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    It actually took me a while to warm up to the 4th gens. I was more impressed with the LS1 over all. But, it's grown on me and I can now appreciate them as a whole.

I still don't care for the 3rd gens though and will always prefer 1st gens. Even 2nd.
    What about the brick one wheels, 5th gen?

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I like 3rd-gen Camaros better, but 4th-gen Firebirds...

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

At my work a guy said he likes the 3 gen. Better than 98-02 I didn't slap him cuz he didn't say they are ugly.
    Another guy that owns a mustang gy and a mach1 said camaros are the ugliest cars.
    I told him. It Better be the last time u say that in from of me. He stayed quiet. I want jockin.

To me 93-97 head lights I dnt like em.
    I would buy it. But I love the way the 98-02 look
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    What about the brick one wheels, 5th gen?
    Do not like...

Thread Information