Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

TrickFlow 515 Package Numbers Update

6,300 RPM produced the max RWHP at 437. 4,900 RPM produced the max Torque at 408. The engine moves around quite a bit now. I will be putting in better motor mounts soon. The car dosen't want to stay running when cold for about the first minute or two. After that, she idles nice at 800 RPM. I do have to keep the AC off untill it warms up though. It drives nice around town. You can definetly hear the cam at idle. The car is louder than all hell. Extremly loud, I set off at least a thousand car alarms today! In about three weeks to a month, I am going to do the motor mounts and LONG TUBE HEADERS!!!! I need you guys to tell me the best ones that will produce the most HP for my car. Let me know if there are any more questions you guys have about the car or the TrickFlow Package.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

If you want the best header that will last the longest and perform the best then you should go with either Kooks or QTP. Both are very good. I personally went with the kooks on mine and am very pleased! BTW where are you at in florida? Im from Boca Raton, and Im in ohio finishing college.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

QTP because they are polished "304" STAINLESS!!

Honestly, it really doesn't matter cause they will all gain you about the same.

Have fun with the motor mounts!!

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I am just north of you... West Boynton Beach! I used to work in West Boca Raton. Let me know when you are down from college, we will meet up.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

What about those no namers on ebay that are stainless steel and have 3 inch collectors? They seem the same but for half the price. Anybody have them?

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    What about those no namers on ebay that are stainless steel and have 3 inch collectors? They seem the same but for half the price. Anybody have them?
    all i can gather is they hang lower and some guys feel that the weilds wont hold bc they arent "name bran" and some one said they saw they arent the same size that they are 1 & 1/2 ''s rather then 1 & 3/4 ''s other then that couple of my good motor buildin budys told me to snag them up but if the name matters to you the other night on ebay i found a set of pacesetter LT's with a Y pipe all stainless and coated for 400 or 500 only thing it didnt come with is cats if i hadnt spent so much money last week the wife would let me get them lol so i'm hopin in a month i can pick them up for my birthday lol you know happy b-day to me from me lol

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

ps i may be a dumb chit but what size cam did you go with you did say it was a head /cam package right and how much did it cost thanks

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

a member on here SPAZ has them and they are pretty nice.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I went with the Trick Flow Head and Cam Package from Summit Racing. It cost 3,099. The heads come with Hartland Sharp roler rockers. You can read about the cam specks at summitracing.com. So far, so good. I could use some more info on headers. I will buying some soon.

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    a member on here SPAZ has them and they are pretty nice.
    which ones did he pick up? the non bran name ones or that pacesetter package i was talkin about?

hugger orange
    1999 camaro ss

6,300 RPM produced the max RWHP at 437. 4,900 RPM produced the max Torque at 408. The engine moves around quite a bit now. I will be putting in better motor mounts soon. The car dosen't want to stay running when cold for about the first minute or two. After that, she idles nice at 800 RPM. I do have to keep the AC off untill it warms up though. It drives nice around town. You can definetly hear the cam at idle. The car is louder than all hell. Extremly loud, I set off at least a thousand car alarms today! In about three weeks to a month, I am going to do the motor mounts and LONG TUBE HEADERS!!!! I need you guys to tell me the best ones that will produce the most HP for my car. Let me know if there are any more questions you guys have about the car or the TrickFlow Package.
    so you got this much power through stock manifolds/ exhaust?

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Hahaha... No. I have Edlebrock shorty headers / no cats / bullet style mufflers. I was recently told that shorty headers are equal too, and sometimes worse than stock manifolds. It looks like I am going to go with either the Hooker coated LT's or the coated Pacestters. Any objection?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by txz28 View Post
    which ones did he pick up? the non bran name ones or that pacesetter package i was talkin about?
    The non brand names. I beleive they were originally made by SSAutoChrome or something like that. Go to the external engine section and type ssautochrome in the search feature and you will find them.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Hahaha... No. I have Edlebrock shorty headers / no cats / bullet style mufflers. I was recently told that shorty headers are equal too, and sometimes worse than stock manifolds. It looks like I am going to go with either the Hooker coated LT's or the coated Pacestters. Any objection?
    No objection. You will be happy with the gains.

2002 Camaro Z28

Nice Gains!!!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

sweet gains, did you tune yet? I plan to buy that package soon. good to know that it worked good for you. now Its giving me more confidence.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have had Hookers for 5+ years. LOVE THEM. No banging, no scraping, no leaking. Don't use the gasket they give you, use the stock GM gasket, order it if you need to. I re-used my GM gasket an no leaks for 5+ years. Sound nice too. I recommend them.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Trickflo was my first choice, my second choice was the AFR CheaTR. What intake manifold are you running with? And post a vid when you get a chance .
    Last edited by IT_SS; 08-24-2008 at 09:39 AM.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

I am just north of you... West Boynton Beach! I used to work in West Boca Raton. Let me know when you are down from college, we will meet up.
    Hell ya man, Im moving back in december, im sick of this cold shit! lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice numbers!! i think i'd rather get the TSP heads and cam tho cuz its only like $1600 and will make similar numbers. anyways, i have the no name headers from ebay. SSautochrome. they are awesome, only problem is my egr tube broke off but 02s dont have egr so i just plugged it. they got me good power. no scrapes or leaks, fit perfectly and is 304 stainless. they are 3/8 flanges and they are 1 3/4 primaries to 3 collector. i'll get a pic of the install hang on..

Thread Information