Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Out in the garage...

Sebring Silver
    2000 Camaro SS (R.I.P.)

Angry Totalled the SS on Friday...

No, it wasn't my fault. Some 18 year old tapped me from behind (just like a pit manuever on "Cops") and sent me skidding. I was on a major highway - I-4 connecting Tampa and Orlando - and I slid sideways, collecting another car and we both slammed against one of those concrete barriers. The girl that tapped me had a scratch on her bumper and drove away after she got her ticket. Two car were totalled, mine and the one that I hit as I went skidding. Another ran over a bumper in the road and sustained slight damage to the door of his Tahoe. Luckily, no one got hurt. At this point, I'm just pissed.....

I can show pics if you're one of those sick twisted folks that like to see accident photos, but I'll have to email someone who can post them for me.
    -- J. Bennett
    1999 NBM Camaro SS #4312
    SLP lid w/ K&N, Delphi/Lucas 42lb injectors, Pacesetter coated LTs, ORY w/ dual cutouts, Magnaflow exhaust, Spec 2+ clutch, Strange 12 bolt, Detroit Truetrac 3.73 gears, BMR adj torque arm, BMR SFCs, BMR LCAs, BMR adj panhard rod, 18" chrome ZO6 wheels

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

holy shit

You got a hemi HAHA bowtiemonster's Avatar

Arrest me red
    2000 camaro ss

Man That Sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

damn man sorry to hear that.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Least you're ok...the SS can be replaced, unless they keep getting wrecked then there won't be any left

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

Bummer dude. Are you getting another one or are you gonna wait till the 5th gen's????
    2000 SS #1827,NBM,A4,leather,t-tops,lid,eibach springs,hotchkis lca's,slp lid,slp cold air induction,slp loudmouth,baer brakes up front,13.11@107 on street tires,12.90@109 on dr's....time for the cam and intake to be installed

Awaiting Activation
    Sorry for your loss. How the hell do you hit someone in the rear on a highway??

Red; 58,000 org. miles
    1999 Camaro Z28, M6....

That sucks bro....that highway sucks! I used to live in Tampa...sorry dude!

White
    1999 Camaro LS1

that sux dude, and i dont wanna be a bitch, but are there any salvageable parts, im lookin for an ss hood, which is probably smashed, and ss spoiler, which might still be good. anything your now lookin to sell?

Navy blue metallic
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Sorry to hear that man. But, what's the story with the girl?? Is she liable for your car???

White
    2002 VY SS

Hard luck dude, thay never seem to be the same after repair...

[QUOTE=2000 SS #1305;418479I can show pics if you're one of those sick twisted folks that like to see accident photos, but I'll have to email someone who can post them for me.[/QUOTE]

I see more than my share...

Quote Originally Posted by chrombs13 View Post
    That sucks bro....that highway sucks! I used to live in Tampa...sorry dude!
    Nah, it's not the highway that sucks. Its stupid asshole moron drivers who suck. People who don't know how to drive, or are too frickin busy yapping on the phone, reading a paper, fixing their hair or otherwise not paying attention to what's going on around their vehicles. Anyone who can tap your bumper like that on a highway means they were following too close or driving recklessly, in any case they should have their licences suspended or revoked. This bitch now drives off with a scratch and a ticket, while OP has his life endangered and vehicle totalled. That's fucked up.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Get her plate number from the police report, find out where she lives nad have someone give her a talking too. She deserves to get the sh*t beat out of her. I remember back in the day when I was pulling out of my carport slot and just as I was going to take off, some bitch rear ended me...in REVERSE! They should make it a felony for girls who talk on their cell phones or do their makeup while driving, and then hit someone!

Out in the garage...

Sebring Silver
    2000 Camaro SS (R.I.P.)

Hey, let's look on the bright side - if my car is totalled, then your SS will be worth more.

Every body panel has damage of some kind. The hood and right fender are beyond repair. The girl's insurance company is paying for the damages, but the damages seem too extensive to repair. The insurance rep will be looking at it tomorrow. I'll know more then. I'll also be pulling as many aftermarket parts as I can off the car ASAP.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

sorry to hear your car got fucked up. glad to hear you're ok.

if you would like to part some of it, if the ss spoiler is good, and the front bumper cover is ok, i could really use them.

Navy Blue
    98-Camaro SS.

Sorry to hear that your car is totaled. But, glad to see that you are O.K. Make sure the insurance rep gives you what your cars worth, you don't want to get screwed twice.

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

I know how u feel man I wrecked my Gorgious Red 98 Z I couldnt eat or sleep much for about a week....thats how bummed out I was I feel for u man

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

Word of the wise…

My 02WS6 was totaled on 8/15/06 and im having all kinds of trouble getting that dick heads insurance company to ‘Replace what he destroyed.. or “Make me whole”(legal terms here in Texas). They are trying to low ball the piss on my car, only offering $16500 and I bet that’s what they will do to you. So watch out for the insurance bastards because they WILL try to fuck you at all cost to them.. I hope you have a good lawyer.. that’s how we are having to resolve the accident that I was involved in….

PS. if you have any aftermarket performance parts... you'd better get them off ASAP..
    No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

16,500 is a good price for ur T/A
    I got 9,700 for my 98 Z

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank View Post
    16,500 is a good price for ur T/A
    I got 9,700 for my 98 Z

you say that...

My 2002 Trans-Am WS6 had aprox. 35,000 miles(that’s generous) Only driven from my house to school its entire life and occasionally on the weekends. from Pontiac... to my house.. to AHS... then to The University of Texas in Austin. Matter of fact, the car was trailered from the Pontiac Dealer in Houston to my house. thats it.. 35,000 miles. That’s roughly 8750 miles a year…

you must not be aware of the asking price of a 2002 WS6 Trans-Am, in the condition that mine was in, with only 35,000 miles.. You can not touch a car like mine for less then $20,000. Period. Just wont happen. Matter of fact.. it should be upwards more around $22,500… ask around… get on Ebay and Autotrader.. you’ll see.. and its god damn preposterous for them to only offer us $16,500 for my car. Matter of fact, its insulting.

Thread Information