Thread: Stripper SS

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Stripper SS

Im looking for a SS + found one last night,
    + wondering if anybody has seen this set up before ,on an SS, It kind of interests me, because its different, but not the greatest kind of diff. Its a 2001 SS auto,but it has no t-roofs, no leather or power seat, "roll up windows,"I'm sure there is much more it doesn't have.
    Just checked in the 01 brochure, I think what it is, is that it doesn't have the "Prefered Equipment Group"
    No pw,or cruise, remote hatch release,foglamps, elec mirrors,alarm, p seat, or body moldings, also no leather wrapped wheel,shifter handle or parking break handle,No stereo controls on wheel.
    It was a buyer ordered car,not ordered for dealer stock,(which are normally ordered with most options.They must have wanted to keep the price down,
    but then they ordered the slp grill + The 5 star chrome wheels,key fobs + mats, I guess it was an older couple who ordered it new.
    I guess my question would be,If you were looking for a
    SS, + you came across this car,would you consider buying it. My worry is it's an auto (which I want) but are hard to sell,when the time comes,+ add to that the lack of options,I'm wondering if i would ever be able to sell it if i wanted too , without having to give it away.
    The price is somewhat reasonable,I Think,but its hard to tell, with no options.It attracts me because its different,Imagine what it must be like getting into a SS sitting in the cloth seats (Thats not too unusual)but then grabbing the steering wheel + its the base camaro wheel, no leather, or stereo controls, then the shifter,then seeing the roll up windows,no cruise etc.Its very unique i'm sure.Anybody ever come across one before? I'm so attracted to the out of the ordinary, but this could come back to haunt me because its too unoptioned.But it is sharp,white,black non t-roof roof,+ the chrome wheels,no center exhaust.
    It also has the orig order form from new.
    Its a 01 SS, 29k mi, auto, couple litte paint things,
    havn't seen it yet,just pics, price is $13k.
    I'm sure its a rare setup, but would you buy it.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Very Rare, very low miles, very low price, i'd buy it, it's gonna be a lot faster because it will weigh almost as much as a Vette due to lack of equipment

just wont be a very comfortable DD, i'd buy it

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

dont you dare sell your Z28 tho, thats a rare color u got there isnt it?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I wouldn't buy it as an investment, i.e. something I was trying to turn around and profit on or sell. Yes, its rare, but like you said not in a good way. It would be very hard to move and I would only want to buy it if I planned to keep it long term for dragging due to its light weight.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    dont you dare sell your Z28 tho, thats a rare color u got there isnt it?
    I checked last night + my mystic colored Z is actually rarer then the white 01 ss, 474 vs about 600 of the ss

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I wouldn't buy it as an investment, i.e. something I was trying to turn around and profit on or sell. Yes, its rare, but like you said not in a good way. It would be very hard to move and I would only want to buy it if I planned to keep it long term for dragging due to its light weight.
    No i wouldn't be buyin to turn it over, I know that would be a mistake,I just get bored wit cars kind of quick, + want something new, + like to be able to sell them reasoably quick when i want it gone. so im kind of feeling this one out. I apreciate any input.
    PS. I am looking now so if anbody has anything unusual for sale convertible or hard top let me know.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mystic-z View Post
    No i wouldn't be buyin to turn it over, I know that would be a mistake,I just get bored wit cars kind of quick, + want something new, + like to be able to sell them reasoably quick when i want it gone. so im kind of feeling this one out. I apreciate any input.
    PS. I am looking now so if anbody has anything unusual for sale convertible or hard top let me know.

I think I have a better understanding of your desires now, I wouldn't buy that particular one though, I think it will be tough to move when you wanted it gone. There isn't a real high demand for those even though it is rare.

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Just think , no window motors to replace.

There is a 01 6-spd loaded 42k mi. one owner SS right here in town for the same price but it does nothing for me, red t-tops,same old, same old,that would be the smarter buy,but just doesn't interest me,I love the oddities, or at least the less middle of the road
    stuff, I really like the white in the ss also, from the side the scoop really showsup + so does the whole in the hood from the front, + its a bright white so its just a great color on an ss.
    But def not sod on this one yet.
    I prob shouldn't do this but its on auto trader. com if anybody wants to see it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Just think , no window motors to replace.

There is a 01 6-spd loaded 42k mi. one owner SS right here in town for the same price but it does nothing for me, red t-tops,same old, same old,that would be the smarter buy,but just doesn't interest me,I love the oddities, or at least the less middle of the road
    stuff, I really like the white in the ss also, from the side the scoop really showsup + so does the whole in the hood from the front, + its a bright white so its just a great color on an ss.
    But def not sod on this one yet.
    I prob shouldn't do this but its on auto trader. com if anybody wants to see it.

Can you link us, I would definately like to look at. I like the rare stuff too

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

I don't think i can w/the web tv,but just go to auto tader.com + put in the criteria, then in the box just put in ss camaro + i believe its on the second page , says stripper camaro or stripper ss.
    I could maybe forward te page to an e-mail though + someone could post it on here. I'm sure the guy selling it would love the exposure.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I don't think i can w/the web tv,but just go to auto tader.com + put in the criteria, then in the box just put in ss camaro + i believe its on the second page , says stripper camaro or stripper ss.
    I could maybe forward te page to an e-mail though + someone could post it on here. I'm sure the guy selling it would love the exposure.
    I will look for it in a few, after I get home from work. If I can't find it, I will PM you about it

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Sounds like the perfect drag car.

Built up the trans, put a stall in it, throw in some 3.73's, and go full bolt ons.

It would be a monster at the track for sure

As for a daily driver?? Not so much...

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

I did pull the page from a. trader + can forward it to e-mail just don't know how to put it on this thread.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I did pull the page from a. trader + can forward it to e-mail just don't know how to put it on this thread.
    Just copy and paste the address from your browser into your post, it will automatically come up as a clickable link

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sounds like the perfect drag car.

Built up the trans, put a stall in it, throw in some 3.73's, and go full bolt ons.

It would be a monster at the track for sure

As for a daily driver?? Not so much...
    Just noticed your car is a sport gold metallic ws6
    Is that original WS6 + color? That must be rare combo.
    I was thinking there was no SS's made in that color but i just remembered there was maybe 7 in 98? not sure of other years

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Just copy and paste the address from your browser into your post, it will automatically come up as a clickable link
    Not sure i have a browser, or can copy + paste, I'm on web tv.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Just noticed your car is a sport gold metallic ws6
    Is that original WS6 + color? That must be rare combo.
    I was thinking there was no SS's made in that color but i just remembered there was maybe 7 in 98? not sure of other years
    Yep, its the original color and options. However it has been repainted once before I bought the car. It seems like a rare combo for sure, I've only ever seen one other Sport Gold T/A in person, and I don't know of anyone else on this site that has a SGM WS6 T/A, either.

As for how many were built in 98, not sure on that, but I'd like to find out

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

pdcharlt@hotmail.com is my addy if you don't mind mailing me the link Mystic-Z

Thread Information