Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Talking Start with the simple things.......

Hey everybody. I recently posted a thread about my cooling fans not working. I know it wasn't a real juicy topic, but the few replies I did get were helpful and I wanted to say thanks. It can be frustrating as a car/truck owner and loving to work on them but not always knowing where to go for help when something goes wrong. My 98 Z28 has a very unknown history and aside from the obvious weak/warped/broken suspension stuff it runs quite well. I replaced my radiator cap today and let it run a while and yes the fans came on. I was skeptical at first since it boiled over before. But it works fine now. I also was able to temporarily make the a/c switch stay put on the side if the compressor (it was ripped off). And I got it to hold a charge and it is blowing cold! After all the minor issues I have overcome thanks to all your help i am happy to say I think I have a (new) daily driver. With all the abuse this car has endured over the last 8 years it still starts every time and goes down the road. I am looking to repaint it and get the seats recovered this year so it ain't so ugly. So when your pride and joy gives you a big freaking headache and you have no idea whats wrong, stop and think of the simple things first, and then my friends you can save a lot of wasted time and money and spend more time enjoying your ride. Thanks to all who have helped me....... Ken

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by kensz28 View Post
    Hey everybody. I recently posted a thread about my cooling fans not working. I know it wasn't a real juicy topic, but the few replies I did get were helpful and I wanted to say thanks. It can be frustrating as a car/truck owner and loving to work on them but not always knowing where to go for help when something goes wrong. My 98 Z28 has a very unknown history and aside from the obvious weak/warped/broken suspension stuff it runs quite well. I replaced my radiator cap today and let it run a while and yes the fans came on. I was skeptical at first since it boiled over before. But it works fine now. I also was able to temporarily make the a/c switch stay put on the side if the compressor (it was ripped off). And I got it to hold a charge and it is blowing cold! After all the minor issues I have overcome thanks to all your help i am happy to say I think I have a (new) daily driver. With all the abuse this car has endured over the last 8 years it still starts every time and goes down the road. I am looking to repaint it and get the seats recovered this year so it ain't so ugly. So when your pride and joy gives you a big freaking headache and you have no idea whats wrong, stop and think of the simple things first, and then my friends you can save a lot of wasted time and money and spend more time enjoying your ride. Thanks to all who have helped me....... Ken
    That is what we are all here for, and we're all glad to help.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

You should keep your eye out in the for sale section for some used seats. It may end up being cheaper that recovering them.

Ryan

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Thought my rear end was popping last week, looked at all the bolts of the rear suspension first, turned out to be loose bolt on the passenger end of the panhard bar....but I was freaking out...I really didn't want to have to buy a new rear.....I tend to go a little over the top when something is wrong with my car, and have to calm myself down at times, and think of smaller things first. Glad your issues are resolved!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

yea me too my tranny out put seal rear pinion seal and rear end cover are all leaking goin to change it right now and i will bw 100% happier thank god my buddy got a lift

Thread Information