red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

To Stagger or not to stagger

Ok, I decided I wanted to get a set of Z06 rims for my 02 Z, But im undecided whether or not to stagger the set, In other words the front wheels would be 17x9.5 while the rear would be 18x10.5. I think that would be awesome but im wondering if this would look off with a bigger diameter wheel in the rear, also it would be an issue for rotation. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

The no rotation part does suck. But it was worth it to me. I think it looks great. I've got the same setup.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

some people have issues with abs coming on at high speeds. theres really no good way to fix the problem with the abs seeing the rear wheels spinning slower than the fronts. it can be kind of dangerous if you hit the brakes at 70 and abs kicks in. Id go same size if it were me

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

staggered stance here18`s/19`s..the rotation part sux but the look is

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I would go staggered width.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
    Ok, I decided I wanted to get a set of Z06 rims for my 02 Z, But im undecided whether or not to stagger the set, In other words the front wheels would be 17x9.5 while the rear would be 18x10.5. I think that would be awesome but im wondering if this would look off with a bigger diameter wheel in the rear, also it would be an issue for rotation. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
    Same setup I previously had, I enjoyed it and had no issues with it other than not being able to rotate. I didn't daily drive mine or put a bunch of miles on it, so not being able to rotate wasn't too big of a deal to me.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I'm in the same situation trying to search for wheels. I don't want to go staggered, I just want to buy 4 front Z06 rims, either the c5 or c6 so they are all the same size!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

The only reason i didn't stagger my setup was because 18" drag radials were way more money compared to 17" drag radials. Also, the reason I got z06s. I hardly ever see an f-body let alone one with z06s, works out nicely for me

Either way i couldn't rotate my tires since i had drag radials on two of the wheels. So keep that in mind if you decide to use drag radials.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    some people have issues with abs coming on at high speeds. theres really no good way to fix the problem with the abs seeing the rear wheels spinning slower than the fronts. it can be kind of dangerous if you hit the brakes at 70 and abs kicks in. Id go same size if it were me
    you mean the brakes actually engaging on their own? or just preventing you from hitting them

i ask cuz even though my wheels are the same size all the way around, when i hit about 105 a little light that says ABS INOP comes on.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'm in the same situation trying to search for wheels. I don't want to go staggered, I just want to buy 4 front Z06 rims, either the c5 or c6 so they are all the same size!
    Check out my profile on here I have the set that you guys are looking for and like the rest I have had no ABS or fitment issues and I think it looks bad ass........
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Check out my profile on here I have the set that you guys are looking for and like the rest I have had no ABS or fitment issues and I think it looks bad ass........
    Are you selling them?

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

i got a set of c6 zo6 on the way and they are staggered 17by 9.5 in front and 18by 10.5 in the rear i cant wait to get them on when the weather gets nice... i think i looks better

white
    2000 Z28

staggered ftw

Black
    2002 SS

i would do staggered i have 18 by 9.5 on the front and 20 by 10.5 on the rear and they look amazing gotten lots of compliments

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

stagger them it look so much better.

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

It shouldn't be that difficult to adjust the rear (and or fronts) voltages. I got other designs I'm working on but I'd consider looking at designing a compensating circuit if there was enough interest. If the computer is reading voltage level it is simple (op-amps and resistors + 1 or 2 capacitors), if it is frequency it is much tougher (generally op-amps, a VCO, Freq. Div/Multiplier, resistors, caps).

Anybody know which is read?

Anybody know where the signal wiring is routed or the pins at the PCM and/or ABS module?

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

BTW -I am not sure of board interpretations but I am not talking about making money on this. (I like this stuff, good experience, and I put things like this on my resume!) I'd do it at cost once I determined feasibility. If it is voltage operated it is simple and would be very cheap. (And I wouldn't mind showing every receipt to show I didn't make a cent.)

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    stagger them it look so much better.
    +1. I can't wait to put my staggered 18s back on.

Thread Information