Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Spoiler Replancement z28 to SS

Im thinking about purchasing an OEM SS spoiler and had a few installation questions.

Are the 4 bolts that hold down my z28 spoiler the same size/placement as the SS Spoiler?

How does the two pillars attach to the trunk? bolts or does it just rest on the trunk? does this require drilling?

Does the 3rd brake light wire up any different than the SS one or will i just have to resoilder the wires together and bolt it up

Also anyone have any other issues with this installation? any HELP WOULD BE GREAT, thanks

The bolts for the SS spoiler are the same size and location as the Z28 spoiler.
    The third brake light also plugs in with the same connector.

The only issue you might have is the new SS LED brake lights don't come with the connector on the harness, or the proper wire terminals either. They are simply stripped wires. If you are buying a complete OEM spoiler that shouldn't be an issue.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 64MonGooSe64 View Post
    Im thinking about purchasing an OEM SS spoiler and had a few installation questions.

Are the 4 bolts that hold down my z28 spoiler the same size/placement as the SS Spoiler?

How does the two pillars attach to the trunk? bolts or does it just rest on the trunk? does this require drilling?

Does the 3rd brake light wire up any different than the SS one or will i just have to resoilder the wires together and bolt it up

Also anyone have any other issues with this installation? any HELP WOULD BE GREAT, thanks
    same exact bolt position. the pillars dont attack. and the wire i believe is the same connection. mine is aftermarket. no real big tips besides use an interior panel clip puller or something similar. and if you force the clips out with something else hope more of yours survive than mine did lol.

Thread Information