Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SOM
    2002 SS

Sold My SOM SS today :( I am very very sad.

My car is amazing but I wanted more... better suspension.. tighter chassis.. more power... something else.... I sold it today I am VERY sad I really am. I need a shoulder to cry on I think that's why I'm posting here. I sold it as is with the HREs and all the mods. I am going to miss it dearly.

I don't know what I'll buy next but I need something soon. the plan was for an e46 M3. Something a little bigger for the kid(s) as the 2nd is on the way. A little more refinement for family trips but something that handles and goes well.

Farewell my baby <3

I will still be here on ls1.com This forum has been incredible to me over the years with my white z28 and with my ss. No forum has helped me as much and I am grateful for you guys at ls1.com I still have my vette though and it will be back on the road soon enough
    Last edited by 5abivt; 08-23-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Damn man, feels bad to see her leave your hands. Killer car, sure the next one will work out better for you
    Maybe CTSV

SOM
    2002 SS

I have considered a V just the interior I'll have to get over on the first gen. I wish I was born a few years later lol.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

That was/is one beautiful car, good luck on the next purchase

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Wow. Great looking car.
    Sad u had to sell it. I know that feeling.
    Trust me. I do.
    Last year I sold my Z was no way closer to this car. But I loved it. The day I sold I cried. No joke.
    I was mad at my self since I sold it for no reason.
    But you had a good reason to do it.
    Good luck looking for another car for your needs

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

M3? Get the new CTSV.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    M3? Get the new CTSV.
    What he said! Or even a G8. Both are better imo.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

The E46 is not going to give you more power than an LSx... plus it's going to cost you a crap load of money to make it faster. Trust me... I was going down this same road last year and talked myself out of it. E90's are a different story.

SOM
    2002 SS

Yeah the feeling isnt very nice knowing its gone. Going through the gears I couldnt help but think why in the world I just sold it.

I know the m3 isnt the fastest. 100-105 or so stock isnt a slow pace for the 1/4 mile but its the refinement that i'm after. The overall package in anotherwards. It looks great, handles great and and is a fun car to drive. All with an extremely well sorted chassis right from the factory. the interior is like a.. well a bmw. i'm not putting down the maro theyre just different cars. i wanted to do a watts link rear lcas sfcs and then a cam etc etc but the biggest issue i had with the car was just the refinement. i wish the interior was slightly better. the chassis was tighter. i wish the car felt lighter ad the steering was more direct, a little less road noise..

i like the new cts-v but theyre out of my price range. the g8 is nice but I feel its like a mid-full sized car with a good motor. Some other cars i was considering are stuff like a jetta tdi sedan (lowered on bbs 19s). that would make the wife happy with fuel costs lol but id probably shoot myself after a few drives. Others are an Audi S4 sedan or wagon or an a4 sline.

Dont worry abou tme getting soft though, After a 4 year nap my c4 vette is almost back on the road. apprx 600 na hp and 8500 rpm in a slammed c4 on 19s (see 5ABIVT thread in members ride section)

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    but the biggest issue i had with the car was just the refinement. i wish the interior was slightly better. the chassis was tighter. i wish the car felt lighter ad the steering was more direct, a little less road noise..

Try driving a 72 4x4 blazer everyday and then jump in the 4th gen, you wouldn't say that. After driving the Blazer for weeks I jump in my wifes 4th gen and it feels like a brand new car, very tight and quiet. It's all a matter of what you get used to.

In any event, hope you get something to fill the void. I know the feeling and hate to sell anything, which is why i've become the pack rat that I am with more cars than I know what to do with.

SOM
    2002 SS

I hear you on that. It wasnt 'that' loud. I was going to replace the b&B muffler with a Corsa to make it silent on the freeway too but there's just no way around fitting 2 kids with 2 strollers or a double stroller etc inside the thing. It was a squeeze with one on the last trip. My vette is so loud that me and a passenger have to yell at each other lol. I even drove a few times with earplugs in just because the motor sounded so sweet above 7500 rpm. Im trying to make my wife happy. I dont want her to whine about things and she basically looks at the camaro as a 100% sports car so i get it all the time with having two full out sports cars and being selfish blah blah blah.. you know the story lol

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I have to put a vote in for the CTS-V. I love my first gen V. It is very weird going from the SS to the V.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

maby you should take a ride in a gto

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

plus 1 for the cts-v the m3 doesnt even hold a candle to them even the first gen's with the ls6/ls2

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Jeremy sounds English, I can only stand that for so long. I guess he couldn't stand the bongs,,,lol. Would you like a cup of tea???
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 08-25-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Jeremy sounds English, I can only stand that for so long. I guess he couldn't stand the bongs,,,lol. Would you like a cup of tea???
    but at least he liked the car for the most part. I love watching the V walk all over the S4

SOM
    2002 SS

Happy to say a cts-v is definitely in the picture still. For the last 2 years all I've been saying is a cts-v will be my next dd. On paper it's the obvious choice. Real back seat , 4 doors etc. I prefer the peaky ls6 but in a heavy car I'll be looking for 05s with the ls2 for sure. I'll take it in any color as long as it's silver on black .

Hmm now u guys got me thinking .. Stainless longtubes ,high flow cats, Corsa cat back.. 1.82 rrs slammed on monoblock hres...
    Last edited by 5abivt; 08-25-2011 at 02:30 PM.

SOM
    2002 SS

What's an ls2 ctsv's mph in the 1/4?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Happy to say a cts-v is definitely in the picture still. For the last 2 years all I've been saying is a cts-v will be my next dd. On paper it's the obvious choice. Real back seat , 4 doors etc. I prefer the peaky ls6 but in a heavy car I'll be looking for 05s with the ls2 for sure. I'll take it in any color as long as it's silver on black .

Hmm now u guys got me thinking .. Stainless longtubes ,high flow cats, Corsa cat back.. 1.82 rrs slammed on monoblock hres...
    04-05 has the ls6 and 06-07 has the ls2. you can buy my silver on black V

Thread Information