Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

So thinking of fabricating something...

I dont like the big gaping hole that is the trunk in the back.

It has a 35" by 12" span and i want to make something to go over the hole. I was just wondering what material i should use to make it. I want something kinda light weight i was thinking some sort of plastic? But if anyone has any ideas of something really good to use im completely open to suggestion.

I was thinking of using some kind of wood, taking a sheet of paper to trace out the spot in the bottom of the trunk and sand down and cut the wood to fit the spot, sanding it to make it smooth and thin to fit the spot. I was then going to cover it in fabric the same color as the material in the trunk with either a tan or Red Z-28 emblem in it.

Any thoughts?

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

first: i have a cover for that, stock, made from that pressed felt stuff things like these are usually made of...
    anyway, if you want it to hold a little weight, some thin plywood would be a good foundation. doesn't warp like solid wood and is light. and then cover it with a fabric that fits the rest of your interior.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

well i mean does this sound like a good idea or just a waste of time? I go to shows sometimes and end up leaving my trunk open so i kinda want something tasteful and not too ugly to cover up the hole and hide my stuff, im going to get it as close to stock looking as i can.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    well i mean does this sound like a good idea or just a waste of time? I go to shows sometimes and end up leaving my trunk open so i kinda want something tasteful and not too ugly to cover up the hole and hide my stuff, im going to get it as close to stock looking as i can.
    your answer is right there! makes sense, go for it. shouldn't be too hard to make either.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Kk ill start it up next friday since i have the day off and try and get some pictures up, thanks alot.

Thread Information