Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SLP Question 2002 SS Camaro

I am new here hoping someone can help out. I am looking at a 2002 SS that has the SLP sticker on the Drivers door below the RPO codes. My SLP sticker does not say anything about Any Mods to the car. It has SLP rims and the Exhaust is the center kind that exits under the license plate. I was assuming this was installed by SLP but the Air box under the hood looks factory. No SLP logo that I can see. Am I correct in assuming nothing was done to the car except Wheels and scoop? SInce the SLP sticker on the door does not list any mods at all?
    Attachment 15911

Thanks!
    Randy

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I am guessing its a red one with white stripes?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I am guessing its a red one with white stripes?
    You would be wrong, its NBM

You would be correct in assuming it has very few SLP mods. The exhaust you have, which is commonly referred to as Center Mount Exhaust(CME) was done at SLP along with the wheels, spoiler and hood. To answer your question from the other thread, I have never seen any documented evidence that the California emission equipped fbodies were less in HP.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You would be wrong, its NBM

You would be correct in assuming it has very few SLP mods. The exhaust you have, which is commonly referred to as Center Mount Exhaust(CME) was done at SLP along with the wheels, spoiler and hood. To answer your question from the other thread, I have never seen any documented evidence that the California emission equipped fbodies were less in HP.
    Thanks and you are indeed correct the color is NBM. I wonder how you knew

Does the CME exhaust add any HP? Or is it just show. I read somewhere that SLP installed the high flow exhaust in combo with the high flow intake box which this one seems to be missing. The Air box is not a SLP box. It is factory.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by firehawk71 View Post
    Thanks and you are indeed correct the color is NBM. I wonder how you knew

Does the CME exhaust add any HP? Or is it just show. I read somewhere that SLP installed the high flow exhaust in combo with the high flow intake box which this one seems to be missing. The Air box is not a SLP box. It is factory.
    My crystal ball works well

GM way underrated the LS1 fbodies in terms of HP. If you had an SS with the optional lid and CME, you received a HP rating of 345. If you had the CME but no lid, you received a HP rating of 335. Realistically, the CME doesn't add any HP though. Its just a highly desired appearance mod.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

if you look at the paint in the pic you could see the color,

also, if you look in the passenger door, there will be the list of all slp options your car came with, good luck, and i hope you get it,

i just bought one myself its pewter thou, good luck,

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    if you look at the paint in the pic you could see the color,

also, if you look in the passenger door, there will be the list of all slp options your car came with, good luck, and i hope you get it,

i just bought one myself its pewter thou, good luck,
    I have this SLP sticker in the Drivers door below, as you see it shows no options. Are you saying there is another sticker on the passenger side with the options? The car is out of state and I am going by pictures that were emailed to me.
    Here is the one on the drivers side. Thanks!
    Last edited by firehawk71; 12-23-2007 at 01:57 PM.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah there are 2 stickers the drivers door and the sticker in the pass door says all the options, you should request a pic of that

02 Camaro SS S.O.M.
    07 Trailblazer SS AWD

x2 heres my driver and pass door stickers

wonder why he whited out the build dates i can understand the vin, see where mine says jan 02
    "01-02"
    DRIVER

PASSENGER

02 som SS #4818 m6 all SLP options, cme, lt's, ory, e-cutout, lowered(slammed), Pro 5.0, 4:10s, boltons, 19" CCW 505A'S, 365rwhp 379ftlbs
    07 silverstone TBSS matching SS hood, cai, exhaust, HP tuners, DJM/Beltech, DAILY DRIVER

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro SS

Nice SOM SS. I noticed that yours was built in Jan. of 02, the same month as mine. Our production #'s must be close. I was wondering what the weight diff. was between a vert and t-tops, a little over a 100 puonds. Mine has everything that it was ordered with listed on the pass. door except the birth cert. And about the lid question, I have the cme with out the lid! rated 335hp

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    My crystal ball works well

GM way underrated the LS1 fbodies in terms of HP. If you had an SS with the optional lid and CME, you received a HP rating of 345. If you had the CME but no lid, you received a HP rating of 335. Realistically, the CME doesn't add any HP though. Its just a highly desired appearance mod.
    This CME option also got you a different muffler and I-pipe. The muffler is SLP's welded case style muffler,,,,not the cheapy tin can spot welded muffler from GM. This boosted the HP rating by 10 HP according to SLP,,,,it's listed in the SLP literature that came with my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Nice SOM SS. I noticed that yours was built in Jan. of 02, the same month as mine. Our production #'s must be close. I was wondering what the weight diff. was between a vert and t-tops, a little over a 100 puonds. Mine has everything that it was ordered with listed on the pass. door except the birth cert. And about the lid question, I have the cme with out the lid! rated 335hp
    Does it make any diff on the value if it was built early or late.
    The 02 I am looking at was built in late 01 so I imagine it was one of the early production numbers.
    Thanks for the info on the lid as I thought it was strange it would come with the CME and factory lid.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    This CME option also got you a different muffler and I-pipe. The muffler is SLP's welded case style muffler,,,,not the cheapy tin can spot welded muffler from GM. This boosted the HP rating by 10 HP according to SLP,,,,it's listed in the SLP literature that came with my car.
    Thanks Firebirdjones for this info I was wondering about this. Does it have dual cat converters also? Thanks

02 Camaro SS S.O.M.
    07 Trailblazer SS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    nice som also, i have the birthcertificate, build sheet and window sticker in a frame hanging up in my computer room and take it with me to shows. as you can see in the 2nd pic mine is rated at the "345 hp" mine has the slp blackwing lid and NO tracrtion control

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

dude thats fucking bad ass, i am still trying to justify getting those with my car as the seller lost them during a move, oh well,

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro SS

I have the birth cert. and widow sticker but its in storage somewhere right now because i sold my house.

Thanks Firebirdjones for this info I was wondering about this. Does it have dual cat converters also? Thanks
    Yep,,,,all the 4th gens had dual cats starting in about 1996,,,,I know 1997 on up for sure. It's behind the cats where the changes were made when you checked off the optional exhaust from SLP.

Just to add,,,not only did the CME exhaust come with this muffler,,,but also a dual tip exhaust was also an option,,,this came with the same welded case crossflow muffler and the same HP rating,,,,,it was a cheaper optional exhaust with same affect,,,,but the CME seems to be gaining in popularity now,,,as not many were made with it originally.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 12-26-2007 at 08:48 AM.

Does it make any diff on the value if it was built early or late.
    The 02 I am looking at was built in late 01 so I imagine it was one of the early production numbers.
    Thanks for the info on the lid as I thought it was strange it would come with the CME and factory lid.
    Production dates, options, etc...could have an affect on value,,,in the future. Right now not so much,,,we will have to wait another 10-15 years and see what it holds for us.

One thing is for sure,,,,having all your paperwork will make a difference in prices as these cars age. Documentation drives up the price of most any car. And SLP still offers this paper trail for the SS models for a small price,,,,$60 I think,,,(or close to that) and I believe it's worth every penny if you plan to keep your car for the long haul.
    For those that are contemplating getting the paperwork,,,I suggest to move on it while this is still available. Hope everyone had a merry christmas.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah i think my car went thru slp in 08-02. so it was kind of a late one

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I have my birth certificate as well. I would like to get a reproduction of the window sticker at some point as well.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 12-26-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Thread Information