Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: slp maf sensor

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

slp maf sensor

ok well I just ordered a slp maf for my 2002 camaro. Do I need to tune my maro when I get this slp in, or is it just a simple bolt on that does not require any tuning?? Also I wanna get a better tb, is it the same case as far as it needing to be tuned after install??? All I have is a lid, smooth bellows, k and n filter, magnaflow exhaust, cats removed. thanks

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post
    ok well I just ordered a slp maf for my 2002 camaro. Do I need to tune my maro when I get this slp in, or is it just a simple bolt on that does not require any tuning?? Also I wanna get a better tb, is it the same case as far as it needing to be tuned after install??? All I have is a lid, smooth bellows, k and n filter, magnaflow exhaust, cats removed. thanks

Sorry to say but you wasted your money on that MAF, stock is the way to go. i would sell it since it is still new and put the money towards something else. not trying to be an A$$, just trying to let ya know...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Cancel the order if you still can. Seriously!
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Sorry to say but you wasted your money on that MAF, stock is the way to go. i would sell it since it is still new and put the money towards something else. not trying to be an A$$, just trying to let ya know...

damn. lol. u saying this maf will not help me a lil'?? There's no such thing as a power adding maf??

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Cancel the order if you still can. Seriously!
    can't already shipped. But I can easily sell it. But is it really that bad?? Can it possibly be worst than stock??

Stock
    2002 Camaro

can't already shipped. But I can easily sell it. But is it really that bad?? Can it possibly be worst than stock??
    yes yes it can!

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

yes yes it can!

HOW SO. I'm just curious. there's so many maf 's out there that claim to help with a lil' hp, and flow. Do you have a bad experience with it?? SLP is garbage??

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

HOW SO. I'm just curious. there's so many maf 's out there that claim to help with a lil' hp, and flow. Do you have a bad experience with it?? SLP is garbage??
    Yes, the stock MAF is good up to 500 HP. There is no need for another MAF. Aftermarket MAFs lean it out and cause other issues. If you can return it I would but I would definitely get rid of it. Its pretty common among fbody enthusiasts not to mess with the stock MAF so you may have trouble finding someone to buy it from you.

And to top it all off, yes SLP is garbage as well.

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Yes, the stock MAF is good up to 500 HP. There is no need for another MAF. Aftermarket MAFs lean it out and cause other issues. If you can return it I would but I would definitely get rid of it. Its pretty common among fbody enthusiasts not to mess with the stock MAF so you may have trouble finding someone to buy it from you.

And to top it all off, yes SLP is garbage as well.
    hmm. that sucks. I will try to sell it on ebay then. thanks. What a bummer. I thought it was a lil' help at least considering granatelli (i think thats how it's spelled) is all over this site and others, and slp helped with the super sports. Any recommendations on bolt on power adders??

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

yes yes it can!
    thanks

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

hmm. that sucks. I will try to sell it on ebay then. thanks. What a bummer. I thought it was a lil' help at least considering granatelli (i think thats how it's spelled) is all over this site and others, and slp helped with the super sports. Any recommendations on bolt on power adders??
    I don't know what mods you currently have, but a lid, exhaust(long tubes and off road ypipe), are great bolt-ons. You already have an LS6 intake since you are an 02 model. You could upgrade your intake but the LS6 is a quality intake for mild mods. Ported TB and an underdrive pulley are also other options. If you are an automatic tranny, a stall is the best mod you can do.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I don't know what mods you currently have, but a lid, exhaust(long tubes and off road ypipe), are great bolt-ons. You already have an LS6 intake since you are an 02 model. You could upgrade your intake but the LS6 is a quality intake for mild mods. Ported TB and an underdrive pulley are also other options. If you are an automatic tranny, a stall is the best mod you can do.
    +1 There are a bunch of "free" mods as well. But be careful not all of them are all that great.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Thumbs up

NICE. thanks for that link. I am def. gonna be using this.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Long tube headers (QTP 1-3/4), true duals w/MagnaFlows (dumped at the axle - no cats), 3.73 gears and a 3400 stall put me into the mid 12's @ ~ 107mph (this is in Phoenix, AZ with a DA of ~3000 ft). It's been track tuned (data logged then adjusted) and I have a goodish amount of $$$ into the tranny (rebuilt with Hipo/HD parts, TM delete and various tricks done internally + a cooler). The only suspension work is a Mid-Western adjustabe TA bolted to the body (not the tranny).

This combo blows the Nitto DR's I had right off. Best 60' was 1.70's. It'll hookup and/or go faster with better tires. Next up is a set of MT DR's (they're on back order though). I'm hoping for low 12's before I go into the engine.

BTW, this is all done to the 02. The 98 is my DD and is stock to the paper air filter.

Edit: I also have a Volant CAI but am considering going back to a hiflow lid setup.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 03-13-2009 at 06:56 PM.

the SLP maf is the same as the truck's maf with a resistor. the resistor is there so you dont have to retune for it. if you remove the sticker of SLP youll get same part number as you see on a truck maf

a maf doesnt give you power, its a supporting mod and with that being said. if you have it use it if you dont have it dont buy one. when a Maf becomes a restriction its time to go SD

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    the SLP maf is the same as the truck's maf with a resistor. the resistor is there so you dont have to retune for it. if you remove the sticker of SLP youll get same part number as you see on a truck maf

a maf doesnt give you power, its a supporting mod and with that being said. if you have it use it if you dont have it dont buy one. when a Maf becomes a restriction its time to go SD
    So your saying I should use it???

did you pay the money for it? do you have a buyer for it already? if yes you paid for it and no you dont have a buyer for it, then yes use it. will you see any gains from it? no....is it a cool thing to put in your sig and say you have this as a mod? yes

also if you ever step up to the FTP lid then this will come in handy as you need a 85mm maf to use the FTP

Stock
    2002 Camaro

NO DO NOT USE IT. ask around almost no body will tell you to use it, and if they do, dont listen to them. easier to sell if its new...

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I ran the SLP MAF de-screened for two years and never had a problem. I did not need to get a tune, and the car always ran great. I now have a Granatelli and still have no problems. Not arguing a point, just my info.
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Thread Information