Should I get a 21342 Mile z28?

Hello, I am looking at buying a 1999 hugger orange z28 for $8000 and was wondering if that Is a good price if everything works and the car has no dents or anything. Only mods are new tires. It is fully loaded except leather. If you could please tell me some things I should look for when I test drive and inspect the car tomorrow.
    Thanks, Rob

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

umm if it has the 21342 miles you put in your thread name, and its in good cond, BUY IT NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    umm if it has the 21342 miles you put in your thread name, and its in good cond, BUY IT NOW!!!
    Ya it has 21342. Only problem is winter is cumming here in michigan so I will have to store it. Any way I am going to look at it at 11:00 PM Sunday.

I'd get a carfax on it for sure..

Check oil for white or milky looking substance. Could be water in the engine.

If it only has 21k miles then why does it have new tires? That a bad sign. I have 40k miles on my tires and I prolly got another 20k left on them.

check for unusual signs of wear like on the seat. If there is a lot, it probably does not have accurate mileage. Seats don't wear out in 20k miles.

Also look under the hood for wires or components that look out of place. If so, then someone may have been doing a lot of work to it. You can also look around the intake manifold to see if any access "form a gasket" exists. Sign of internal engine work.

You can check the vin to make sure its not stolen.

Make sure it does not have a rebuilt or salvage title.

Check the exterior panels for variation in the paint color. Any variation indicates a collision. Also you can look for over spray and for area's that were not masked off properly and that have paint on it.
    Last edited by Chad97z; 10-20-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    If it only has 21k miles then why does it have new tires? That a bad sign. I have 40k miles on my tires and I prolly got another 20k left on them.
    Thats not a always a bad sign. He may have just changed the original tires. Its not always about the miles. What if he got rid of the original tires? I wouldn't want to ride around on tires from 1998 that nearly 10 years old.

so ask how long the tires have been on the car. "Did you buy them new?" Then inspect the tread for wear. See if it jives with what they say.

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

wow thats hella cheap for those miles man who are you buying it from? is it someone getting a divorce and doesnt want the other to have it... lol but yea you have all the reason to be suspicious, either way if you do get it> congrats.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Holy shit that is a good deal, im about to sell my V6 with all the mods it has done to it and is in good condition for 7 grand with almost 106,000 miles on it

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

So yea i would check it, that deal is almost too good to be true, very low miles

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

What year is it? If it is a 98 or newer it should be the original miles casue i dont think you can reverse the power on those counters or whatever you call them

Well guzs I ended up getting the car and this car was unbeleavable and was supper nice. Well I was driveing it home and it was raining cats and dogs and I ended up hitting a pot hole Witch took the car off onto the soft grass and the car went stright into a muddy ditch at about 30 MPH. I have been looking at the car like crazzy and have not noticed any damage except the exhaust tip has been torn off. It was stock any way. and my front fender was cracked so I am going to get a new one off ebay. I got super lucky that It wasent any worse seeing I mised a pole by about 15 feet. Then about 5 min after the crash some power lines fall down for who knowes why and cars are just nailing the power lines witch were blowing out there windows and then a car just nails a miny van going like 60 and it was a 50 mile an hour road. Then a truck goes by and gets the power lines tangled around the axle and tears more lines down. I am still pised at my self and dont know what is going to happen with my insurence since I had to get a police report because all the other crashes. What a mess I tore up a 21 thousand mile car.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

It's not your momma's honda so don't drive it like it is...especially in the rain. Glad you're ok after the wreck though

Awaiting Activation
    congrats on the purchase - and be careful!!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Weird story, same thing almost happened with me when i got mine, it was raining that day first thing i did leaving the dealership was smoke a bmw 325i when it was still nice later it was pouring, i make a right turn onto a bridge going home and wasnt use to my car yet so my car starts to drift out of control as the lite turns green and having all these cars coming straight at me, luckly all they did was honk the horn and drive around while im sitting there facing the wrong way in the middle of the road hehe

Thread Information