Thread: Security

Question Security

I know this sounds stupid, and believe me, it's not my ideal first post to make here but..

someone seems to be breaking into my 2000 SS and doing it in a way that it is not setting off the stock alarm nor damaging anything (There's no scratch marks on the glass, door etc.). This is the 2nd time in a month in a half that this has happened. I dismissed the first time as me possibly forgetting to lock the door, however, this time I know the door was locked as I clearly remember locking the damn thing as well as making it a habit to manually checking the handle everytime I leave the car since the first time.

It's very frustrating to say the least, the car unfortunately has to be in a carport due to living in an apartment so it's not like I can move it elsewhere safer. Is there easily retrievable technology out there that can tap into the frequency of the remote doorlocks? I really don't know what to do here. I can't park anywhere near my window so I can't keep an eye on the thing.

Camaro Security

Well as a fellow apartment carport parker I can sympathize. I just installed an Autopage 2 way alarm and bought a car cover to make it "out of sight out of mind". So far so good. Have you taken it in for service or allowed anyone to drive it so that copies of your key could be made or other remote fobs programmed?

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

That sux man try to mount a camra i had some jerkoff follow me home and try to break in my garage

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

How do you know someone is getting in? Are there things missing.. doors left open..etc?
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

green
    98 formula

just hide in the back with a bat

problem solved

Well I know they're getting in because the first time my cd changer was jacked. This time they actually took that little ashtray thing between the cup holder and arm rest on the center console (It was loaded with change), plus my phone charger was taken along with my drivers seat all being reset. It's almost as if they're taunting me now because they messed up my seat settings and didn't even touch an ipod sitting that was sitting under a magazine on the backseat. I don't know if something happened and they got scared off, I just don't know, the whole situation just sucks. It will be just my luck I catch someone in it and I beat the $hit out of them only have them turn around sue me for beating them up while they break in my car.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by direwolf19 View Post
    Well I know they're getting in because the first time my cd changer was jacked. This time they actually took that little ashtray thing between the cup holder and arm rest on the center console (It was loaded with change), plus my phone charger was taken along with my drivers seat all being reset. It's almost as if they're taunting me now because they messed up my seat settings and didn't even touch an ipod sitting that was sitting under a magazine on the backseat. I don't know if something happened and they got scared off, I just don't know, the whole situation just sucks. It will be just my luck I catch someone in it and I beat the $hit out of them only have them turn around sue me for beating them up while they break in my car.
    they will have no grounds to sue as long as you don't kill them you will have no problems and if you do they asked for it

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    just hide in the back with a bat

problem solved
    agreed

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000

red
    99 camaro ss

mabye its someone with a similar car?? because wtf would anyone want to jack that disc changer by crawling into the trunk? sometimes different keys fit

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Roam through the apartment complex flipping your key fob at other cars. When you see the lights blink you have a match. Set his car alarm off if possible and when he comes out shut it off in front of him. Then ask for your cd changer back. At the least he should stay away from your car in the future. That's how I'd approach this. I think someone is matching your frequency. If this were not the case alot of cars in the area would be missing radios and they'd be sending out fliers about it. This seems to be limited to yourself. He might not be home when you try this, but he seems to be home when you are asleep so maybe that's the best time to try if you don't come up with a match the first time. Also, if he looks guilty maybe you should have a police officer check for a cd changer. I'm betting he owns a camaro and has a new ashtray. It's likely he tried to drive off with your car to strip it down and couldn't get his key to work. That would explain your seats being repositioned. A real crook would have cracked your column and drove off. Best to nip this in the bud before he figures out how to do that.
    Last edited by ezwip; 07-08-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Sebring Silver
    02 Z28

i dont have a job if you were closer id park my camaro next to you...and id hide somewhere everynight and wait. im that bored, when he does show up ill taser him and pull his fingernails off with pliers. j/k i think you should take the car and get it reprogrammed and a new key fob if thats possible.

Thread Information