Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Rule reminder for everyone

This is a heads up for everyone. This particular rule below has been violated a lot lately in here and other tech areas of the forum. Its not been heavily enforced in recent times, but there has been some issues and complaints about the integrity of threads being ruined by post whoring/free posts/off topic posts. Infractions are going to be issued for violation of this rule from here forward. The infraction is for "off topic" posting, it carries 1 point.

Also, threads that are taken off topic with several posts will just be closed from now on. If you aren't sure whether you are taking a thread off topic, its always best to re-read the original post and reply to that particular post, afterall, thats what the thread started about. This isn't meant to penalize anyone or keep people from posting/being humorous, we just want to keep threads on topic and free from unnecessary nonsense.

7. "Free posts"

"Free posts", or posting solely for the purpose of boosting your post count is also not allowed. Many people judge member's credibility based on post count, so we ask that you obtain your post count legitimately. Furthermore, free posts waste server space and ISP bandwidth unnecessarily. Threads to announce your post count are considered free posts and will be locked. “In B4 Da lock” is considered Free posting too.

Signature tests and avatar tests will be allowed in "The Testing" forum, where posts do not count towards your post count. In other forums, they will be treated as free posts.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Sorry, I was un-aware of the "free posts" rules and regulations! I will take responsibility for all of the TJEA's posts and threads! You might as well ban me for the rest of the year and I will see you guys again in 2010!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    Sorry, I was un-aware of the "free posts" rules and regulations! I will take responsibility for all of the TJEA's posts and threads! You might as well ban me for the rest of the year and I will see you guys again in 2010!
    Not worried about the past, just the future

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

It is the responsibility of each member to watch themselves. We will take this as an early warning, and disband the TJEA for the greater good of LS1.com. It was not my, nor Andy's, intention to make this something more than just a joke among friends. We appreciate the early warning, and will cease and desist

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I'm sorry it came to be like this. It will not happen anymore

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Is there anyway to make posts not count in the AAG section?

Some people get all their posts from that section alone and never even help or give advice in other sections...

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    It is the responsibility of each member to watch themselves. We will take this as an early warning, and disband the TJEA for the greater good of LS1.com. It was not my, nor Andy's, intention to make this something more than just a joke among friends. We appreciate the early warning, and will cease and desist
    Thanks a lot Preston! I just lost my retirment and now I wont get any benifits! I was also looking at a promotion to Co-Co-Co-Captain this year!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Apologies Sir Preston, we have disbanded the ranks and have moved forward into a civilian posting lifestyle. It may be hard at first to assimilate, but rest assured, we will all prevail as contributing members of LS1.com.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

FRE

Almost couldn't help myself....

I was gonna write freedom....

I'll behave....

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Thanks a lot Preston! I just lost my retirment and now I wont get any benifits! I was also looking at a promotion to Co-Co-Co-Captain this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Apologies Sir Preston, we have disbanded the ranks and have moved forward into a civilian posting lifestyle. It may be hard at first to assimilate, but rest assured, we will all prevail as contributing members of LS1.com.

You guys are all mature enough to monitor yourselves without just inking you to death, thats why I wanted to give you guys the chance first to make amends. Plus, all you guys contribute a lot of positive info to the site, and this site is all about helping others and having fun while doing it. Thanks for understanding and making the necessary changes

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Is there anyway to make posts not count in the AAG section?

Some people get all their posts from that section alone and never even help or give advice in other sections...
    Its been talked about before, its possible to do but would hurt AAGs activity if it was done. I don't pay much attention to peoples post counts really, they can be misleading in both directions. Just because you have a high post count doesn't mean you do or don't have high tech knowledge and just because you have a low post count doesn't mean you do or don't have a high tech knowledge. Some of the people on here that I have high respect for tech wise have some of the lowest post counts on here. Just gotta get a feel for who you trust and respect

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its been talked about before, its possible to do but would hurt AAGs activity if it was done. I don't pay much attention to peoples post counts really, they can be misleading in both directions. Just because you have a high post count doesn't mean you do or don't have high tech knowledge and just because you have a low post count doesn't mean you do or don't have a high tech knowledge. Some of the people on here that I have high respect for tech wise have some of the lowest post counts on here. Just gotta get a feel for who you trust and respect
    Well when I first got here I'd ask a question and get 10 different inputs, when someone is new, who are they to trust? What do they look for?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Well when I first got here I'd ask a question and get 10 different inputs, when someone is new, who are they to trust? What do they look for?
    I look at the tone of peoples post for one, you can usually tell by the way a person posts if they are mature. Usually maturity is a good sign. Also, if someone mentions they have personal experience with something, thats another good sign. People that say "a buddy of mine did this.........." or "I heard this.........", are signs to me that maybe that person isn't the best person to be putting faith into. A lot of it is just trusting your instincts as well

Stock
    2002 Camaro

You guys are all mature enough to monitor yourselves without just inking you to death, thats why I wanted to give you guys the chance first to make amends. Plus, all you guys contribute a lot of positive info to the site, and this site is all about helping others and having fun while doing it. Thanks for understanding and making the necessary changes
    so am i not mature enough? thanks

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Well my point is, newbs look at post counts..

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    so am i not mature enough? thanks
    Noticed I left you out eh

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Well my point is, newbs look at post counts..
    In a perfect world, the forum would have 2 post counts for everyone, an AAG count, and a tech count. Unfortunately, vbulletin software doesn't have that capability so its not an option. I can't really give you a correct answer. I know that eliminating posts from AAG from peoples post count won't happen though.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

cant you just take post count out all together?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

In a perfect world, the forum would have 2 post counts for everyone, an AAG count, and a tech count. Unfortunately, vbulletin software doesn't have that capability so its not an option. I can't really give you a correct answer. I know that eliminating posts from AAG from peoples post count won't happen though.
    I was actually thinking the same thing about 2 different post counts, but i've never seen it on a vbulletin site.

What about rep?

Some forums even allow you to thank other members.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I was actually thinking the same thing about 2 different post counts, but i've never seen it on a vbulletin site.

What about rep?

Some forums even allow you to thank other members.
    We had the rep feature few years ago, peopled abused it and didn't use it for its intended purpose.

We do have a member feedback forum that people don't take advantage of.

Thread Information