Thread: RIP 01 ss

Red
    01 camaro ss

RIP 01 ss

friday afternoon, i was driving home on the interstate. and these two cars kept cutting me off and then get in front of me and slow down. so i was like im just going to pass them. so i hit the gas and went to go around them and when i did the tail end just broke loose. it got sideways and i ended up with my nose in the guard rail. the car is done. i found a mint 97 6 banger so im just going to swap everything over. Today when i was getting ready to get the motor out i notice that the tie rod broke and the arm that goes to the steering linkage is bent. Can i just use the 97 steering linkage to replace the part or do i have to get on from a 98-02 ls1 car?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Not Another One!!!!!! Why!?!?!?!?!?!

that's sad to hear man. we just had one guy almost hit the wall at the track this past Saturday breaking some stuff. damn.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

sorry to hear buddy, i dont know if it'll work or not for the steering, but you gonna need to get new suspension to hold up the bigger engine

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5586 View Post
    friday afternoon, i was driving home on the interstate. and these two cars kept cutting me off and then get in front of me and slow down. so i was like im just going to pass them. so i hit the gas and went to go around them and when i did the tail end just broke loose. it got sideways and i ended up with my nose in the guard rail. the car is done. i found a mint 97 6 banger so im just going to swap everything over. Today when i was getting ready to get the motor out i notice that the tie rod broke and the arm that goes to the steering linkage is bent. Can i just use the 97 steering linkage to replace the part or do i have to get on from a 98-02 ls1 car?
    Yes, you can use the 97 steering linkage.

Red
    01 camaro ss

ok cool thanks for the help. everything else is fine on the car just the front end is cruched. but im going to swap motor tranny k member harness rearend gas tank and prob the interior.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

sorry to hear bro, was the ground wet?

Red
    01 camaro ss

no. i just had bald tires on the back (ive been putting off getting new ones) and they just broke loose and i didnt have my traction control on.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

i didnt read u were in new orleans, im sure it was wet. anyways, that 97 will be a sleeper thats 4 sure

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Hate to hear this! With all the total losses going on it seems like the mods need to create a "Cemetary" board so you can post pics, stories, etc. about the car and we can all come and pay our respects to our fallen bretheren.

Good luck with your new super sleeper project!

Thread Information