White
    02 SS vert

replacement door speakers?

I have an 02 SS vert and the passenger door speaker is blown. I have the Monsoon stereo with 12 disc cd changer. Any suggestions on a new set of speakers? What size are they?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

i got some 6.5" Audiobahn for like $80 shipped for all 4 from Ebay mine is not a vert though. they sound really good. you just need to cut and splice into the wiring a little at the speakers
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by perryth View Post
    I have an 02 SS vert and the passenger door speaker is blown. I have the Monsoon stereo with 12 disc cd changer. Any suggestions on a new set of speakers? What size are they?

aftermarket speakers wont work (well most) e-bay has some to replace factory speakers. I just went with Gm speakers from a dealer. i think they were $65 a piece

White
    02 SS vert

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    aftermarket speakers wont work (well most) e-bay has some to replace factory speakers. I just went with Gm speakers from a dealer. i think they were $65 a piece
    Why no aftermarket? Are they special sized?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Why no aftermarket? Are they special sized?

let me search for the link on here about the speakers

White
    02 SS vert

Thanks

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Thanks

anytime

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i got an Alpine iDA-X001 installed (highly recommended) and replaced all my speakers with memphis 6.5"'s, i think i paid 180 for the 4 speakers, and they sound really good, i listen to loud metal most of the time.

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

I was looking for some replacement speakers for my vert also but decided after many hours of studying to put the stock ones back in, well the back ones at least. Gotta get to the front one of these days lol

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i let someone else install mine, the back ones are easily accessible, on a 93-97 anyway, i dunno about 98-02 , but you have to remove the whole door panel to get to the front ones, i saw a friend of mine do it once, it didnt look easy.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    i let someone else install mine, the back ones are easily accessible, on a 93-97 anyway, i dunno about 98-02 , but you have to remove the whole door panel to get to the front ones, i saw a friend of mine do it once, it didnt look easy.

I had a 95 just like yours.........replaced the fronts wasnt to bad........98-02 doors are the same

if your keeping your stock head unit, you gotto find 2 ohm speakers, "most" after markets are 4 ohms, but u can find sum good 2 ohm ones. and dude you really can't be bitchin about poppin off a door panel, come on

Junior Member jason_a_marzewski's Avatar

BRIGHT RALLY RED
    2002 CAMARO Z28RS

Camaro Speakers

13 October 2007

I replaced all of the factory speakers in my Camaro with Sony X-Plod units, and I've been delighted with the greatly enhanced sound reproduction. However, I run an SLP Loudmoth exhaust on my Z28RS, so my exhaust note is essentially my REAL audio system (HA!).

Seriously, though, I wouldn't recommend replacing your original speakers with a new pair of GM speakers from the dealer at all, especially since you said you paid $65.00 a piece. I paid $49.00 for my pair of Sony X-Plod door speakers, and the sound quality is far superior to the factory units: The highs are crisper, the mids are much more well-defined, and the bass is deep and undistorted. Also, when I held the two speakers in my hands, the Sony unit really punched harder than the factory one. In short, I got a lot of bang for my buck, both literally and figuratively.

red
    1999 camaro Z28

monsoon speakers

I had the same problem - cheap factory speakers blew. Most aftermarket speakers won't work since factory speakers are 2 ohm, and aftermarkets are 2 ohm. If you can find some good 2 ohm speakers, then get them. I replaced my system with a din and a half sized head unit to fit the dash, put in an amp and some 6 1/2 jbl subwoofers in the side of the back seat. JBL 6" speakers in front - very crisp, excellent sound clarity. The woofers may be small, but they are excellent - provide much more bass than factory. They are so deep with such big magnets, they barely fit in there. I kept the overall concept of the monsoon system intact, but dramatically improved quality. I had to route wires, but it wasn't that bad. The door panel comes off in about 1 minute.

red
    1999 camaro Z28

oops

typo - I meant aftermarkets are 4 ohm, but you all probably knew that already

2 Ohm? ? Whi came up with this GM configuration?

Eather way, if they start to crap out I would replace all of them then install a aftermarket deck of your choice.

Thread Information