2000 z28 camaro

Repair shop rant

Just alittle rant that I need to vent out: I went to the repair shop today to get my rotors machined. While sitting in the waiting room, with a glass window that overlooks the garage, I hear and see my car being pulled in. Its a manual and the guy is revving the piss out of it while riding the clutch to get it in the garage bay. He did this both coming in and coming out, when he backed out he probably had the rpms at 3.5 grand while having the clutch half engaged.

This made me cringe, and as I sit here from just getting home I'm semi-pissed off. I baby my z28, I don't abuse the clutch at all. I'm the second owner and it has 50,000 miles on it and I don't like the idea of having to spend $1,000+ to replace a bad clutch. The clutch been having problems of sometimes having to forcefully pop it in 1st from neutral (every now and then). The fool that drove it very briefly today is just accelerating that wear.

Anyone else had this issue before? It just really sets me off, don't put someone in my car that can't properly drive a manual. Do you think this guy's failure to drive put a significant toll on my clutch?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by z28-blur View Post
    Just alittle rant that I need to vent out: I went to the repair shop today to get my rotors machined. While sitting in the waiting room, with a glass window that overlooks the garage, I hear and see my car being pulled in. Its a manual and the guy is revving the piss out of it while riding the clutch to get it in the garage bay. He did this both coming in and coming out, when he backed out he probably had the rpms at 3.5 grand while having the clutch half engaged.

This made me cringe, and as I sit here from just getting home I'm semi-pissed off. I baby my z28, I don't abuse the clutch at all. I'm the second owner and it has 50,000 miles on it and I don't like the idea of having to spend $1,000+ to replace a bad clutch. The clutch been having problems of sometimes having to forcefully pop it in 1st from neutral (every now and then). The fool that drove it very briefly today is just accelerating that wear.

Anyone else had this issue before? It just really sets me off, don't put someone in my car that can't properly drive a manual. Do you think this guy's failure to drive put a significant toll on my clutch?
    I think you are looking way to far into this. Yeah I understand it sucks this fool can't drive, but as far as damage to your clutch... I wouldn't worry too much. IMO, I think you'll be alright.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

i hate bringing my car to shops. i stick to 2 in town that i know treat my car with the same care i do

or atleast i think they do

thats why i performed 98% of my repairs on my car... i hate people fixing my stuff and me paying them for not taking care of it...

I.E. my winter car, 1993 buick lesabre 110k miles on it.. yea its winter beater... took it to the local shop to have a major break problem fixed.. get the car back and i noticed my front license plate bracket was all Fed up...

the only possibility was that the moron forgot the car had no brakes and when he pulled it into the shop he hit the front on something....

if it was my camaro i would have killed someone or atleast bitched up a storm, since it was my buick i didnt really care
    Last edited by mammoth713; 07-23-2010 at 11:42 PM.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    i hate bringing my car to shops. i stick to 2 in town that i know treat my car with the same care i do

or atleast i think they do

thats why i performed 98% of my repairs on my car... i hate people fixing my stuff and me paying them for not taking care of it...

I.E. my winter car, 1993 buick lesabre 110k miles on it.. yea its winter beater... took it to the local shop to have a major break problem fixed.. get the car back and i noticed my front license plate bracket was all Fed up...

the only possibility was that the moron forgot the car had no brakes and when he pulled it into the shop he hit the front on something....

if it was my camaro i would have killed someone or atleast bitched up a storm, since it was my buick i didnt really care
    Amen to this. I'm the same way, do 98% of everything done to my car. Except the one time I had cartoys install speakers on my doors cuz I had already tried and couldn't get it right myself. Only to get my car back to find they fucked up the door handle and now the little orange lock switch won't move that's the last time I trust anyone else with my car

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by z28-blur View Post

You'll probably be alright, but if your clutch was already on it's way out, this will have sped that problem along. Clutches can take some abuse, and if you really have been easy on it then the fool's driving shouldn't have hurt it much.

Silver
    2000 z28

guarantee its not the only shop in the world where the guy rides the clutch, just about everywhere ive been does it. but if you can do your own brakes orielly turns rotors for like 8 bucks andd no worries for whos gonna be pulling your car into a garage

Thread Information