Black
    '98 Z28

Remove bumper impact foam behind grille?

Has anyone removed the impact foam behind the two holes in the grille area? I recently added a rksport front valance and didn't add the air dam. Do you think cutting out the two holes in the foam will help with cooling the car?

Not my car, but these two holes are what I'm talking about...
    Last edited by tpilews; 09-07-2010 at 08:33 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Has anyone removed the impact foam behind the two holes in the grille area? I recently added a rksport front valance and didn't add the air dam. Do you think cutting out the two holes in the foam will help with cooling the car?

Not my car, but these two holes are what I'm talking about...
    Click for full size
    I have seen it cut out b4.. Not the easiest job looks like.. However I honestly can't see that having any better effect @ cooling than the air dam.. The air dam scoops air directly towards the rad.. You can tell it moves a ton of air by all the weather/dirt it delivers to the front of our engines.. The other thing is, I'm not sure the bumper ports are in the right position for cooling..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

i took a silver sharpie and marked it as far as i could see with the bumper still on then took the bumper off and cut the foam were the silver sharpie was and then there is the metal bumper support also cut that as much as i could were it will still do its job then repainted it and put everything back on it was about 4 hours to do with it raining and it looks alot better but didnt really cool the car down much at all

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99ss View Post
    i took a silver sharpie and marked it as far as i could see with the bumper still on then took the bumper off and cut the foam were the silver sharpie was and then there is the metal bumper support also cut that as much as i could were it will still do its job then repainted it and put everything back on it was about 4 hours to do with it raining and it looks alot better but didnt really cool the car down much at all
    Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll just have to pick up that extended air dam from rksport.

Thread Information