2008 Corvette Z06

Very nice... and for a V6 model!!!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i like it ALOT..the maro is growing on me..and i love how the aux gauges are down by the shifter..i am about 70% sure that when i graduate from college i am going to buy myself a z/28 or SS vert.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i like it ALOT..the maro is growing on me..and i love how the aux gauges are down by the shifter..i am about 70% sure that when i graduate from college i am going to buy myself a z/28 or SS vert.
    Vert in michigan?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Hey... there are a lot of verts in MI!!! lol

Hey milkman, what college are you going to? CMU alum right here!!!

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    I thought they were doing away with the Z28?

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

WTF? Is anyone else confused why the hell they would put the battery, oil temp, oil pressure, and a Torque?? gauge in front of the shifter WAY out of the view of the driver's view??
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    I thought they were doing away with the Z28?
    Last I heard, there were going to be 2 v6 models, the ss.. then the top of the line Z28.... but you know GM.. they change their minds faster/more than women...

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Last I heard, there were going to be 2 v6 models, the ss.. then the top of the line Z28.... but you know GM.. they change their minds faster/more than women...
    So the Z will be better than the SS?

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

The red one is calling out my name.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    So the Z will be better than the SS?
    Yeah, back in the day thats how it was.... but we'll have to wait and see what they actually do...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

WTF? Is anyone else confused why the hell they would put the battery, oil temp, oil pressure, and a Torque?? gauge in front of the shifter WAY out of the view of the driver's view??
    General
    Motors

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    General
    Motors
    Ahh.. good point..

Well dont like the interior dash and guages should have been more like a fighter cockpit. Since I'm on this now might as well add that the horsepower/torque stinks as well. The big comback and 400 hp? You have the new vette pushing over 600 hp the Shelby pushing 500 at the wheel my friend has the dyno. GM Camaro will always be second class to the vette and this hurts it!! Make the Camaro have 575 HP then I'll write a check until then well won't suck me in. I'd rather get older Camaro and buy a GM crate motor with more horses.

Plus GM sucked all the 2002 Camaro owners last Camaro bla bla bla guess not surprise!

That's where they were on the 1st gen camaros so they are copying that. It was cool in 67-69 not so sure about 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSS View Post
    Well dont like the interior dash and guages should have been more like a fighter cockpit. Since I'm on this now might as well add that the horsepower/torque stinks as well. The big comback and 400 hp? You have the new vette pushing over 600 hp the Shelby pushing 500 at the wheel my friend has the dyno. GM Camaro will always be second class to the vette and this hurts it!! Make the Camaro have 575 HP then I'll write a check until then well won't suck me in. I'd rather get older Camaro and buy a GM crate motor with more horses.

Plus GM sucked all the 2002 Camaro owners last Camaro bla bla bla guess not surprise!
    There will most likely be higher HP models but the camaro is a less then 40k car so you can't compare it to a vette or shelby mustang. It's competing with the mustang gt and will have more then enough HP to blow one away.

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    There will most likely be higher HP models but the camaro is a less then 40k car so you can't compare it to a vette or shelby mustang. It's competing with the mustang gt and will have more then enough HP to blow one away.

So Camaro the big mustang killer makes its cars to fight the lower mustang GT. Well lets go out and make a 427 Camaro to ponce on other car model AKA = Shelby surely GM can do that? Why can Ford do it? Please dont say they do with the Vette. I want it done with the Camaro.

Why do we have to look a GMMG or others to modify these new Camaro? GM if you listen to this dummy make a fast car that beats the the Ford muscle and the Doge hemi cars then you will get people to buy in.

The 2002 Camaro I had had 345 HP the new car with all the hype fails with just over 400 hp.

Make a super charged Camaro from factory lighten the car take a/c out use light weight materials. Get rid of power options for windows. Radio bye bye..
    How about Carbon Fiber for trunk, doors and hood?No back seats?

Anyhow yes so the price wont be 40k Maybe more like 50k to 60k But do it right.

Sorry for the rambling I do love Camaros I just hate buying the best Camaro available then some car company comes out with an all motor car and blows you away.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSS View Post
    So Camaro the big mustang killer makes its cars to fight the lower mustang GT. Well lets go out and make a 427 Camaro to ponce on other car model AKA = Shelby surely GM can do that? Why can Ford do it? Please dont say they do with the Vette. I want it done with the Camaro.

Why do we have to look a GMMG or others to modify these new Camaro? GM if you listen to this dummy make a fast car that beats the the Ford muscle and the Doge hemi cars then you will get people to buy in.

The 2002 Camaro I had had 345 HP the new car with all the hype fails with just over 400 hp.

Make a super charged Camaro from factory lighten the car take a/c out use light weight materials. Get rid of power options for windows. Radio bye bye..
    How about Carbon Fiber for trunk, doors and hood?No back seats?

Anyhow yes so the price wont be 40k Maybe more like 50k to 60k But do it right.

Sorry for the rambling I do love Camaros I just hate buying the best Camaro available then some car company comes out with an all motor car and blows you away.
    Eh, I wouldn't count the Camaro out yet, really.

First off...a stock GT500 runs mid-high 12's. High 12's have been done in our cars stock. Seven years later, I'd like to think we could at least get our hands on a low 12/high 11 car.

Challenger is only a cosmetic contest. That fatty looks sweet but pulls the same track times as an LS1. Plus it has a 40k+ sticker.

And don't forget...our cars were rated at 310 and 325hp. But they tend to dyno in the 340s. I wouldn't be suprised if GM gave us another little "present" like that again.

Finally, remember, this is still in a lot of ways, a Guinea Pig model. GM wants to see if there's still a market for a Camaro. If they're sales are anywhere close to the stang sales, that's when I think GM will actually put a focus and some marketing/$$$ behind making it a flagship car again....and you'll get your supercharged version. Not to mention, the LS3 (which I'm guessing is what the new maro V8s are getting) is a little old anyway. Wouldn't suprise me if we don't have another one somewhere in the near future.

White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't count the Camaro out yet, really.

First off...a stock GT500 runs mid-high 12's. High 12's have been done in our cars stock. Seven years later, I'd like to think we could at least get our hands on a low 12/high 11 car.

Challenger is only a cosmetic contest. That fatty looks sweet but pulls the same track times as an LS1. Plus it has a 40k+ sticker.

And don't forget...our cars were rated at 310 and 325hp. But they tend to dyno in the 340s. I wouldn't be suprised if GM gave us another little "present" like that again.

Finally, remember, this is still in a lot of ways, a Guinea Pig model. GM wants to see if there's still a market for a Camaro. If they're sales are anywhere close to the stang sales, that's when I think GM will actually put a focus and some marketing/$$$ behind making it a flagship car again....and you'll get your supercharged version. Not to mention, the LS3 (which I'm guessing is what the new maro V8s are getting) is a little old anyway. Wouldn't suprise me if we don't have another one somewhere in the near future.

Thread Information