You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Power Window and Lock issue

I have a 1999 Camaro Z28 and I just started having a problem with my Driver Window and both locks. I have the drivers window all the way down right now and when I try to close the drivers window it won't go up. When I try and open it, it makes a clicking noise that sounds like it's from under the gauge cluster. My Power Mirror works fine and the car will unlock fine, but when I try and lock the car from the drivers side, and from the passenger side, the car will make quick chime noises (Kinda like the noise it makes if you keep your lights on with the key off). The passenger window switch on the drivers side works fine, the window will go up and down. I am completely stumped. I've checked all the fuses on the drivers side panel and all of them are fine. Any Ideas? -Thanks

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFlame View Post
    I have a 1999 Camaro Z28 and I just started having a problem with my Driver Window and both locks. I have the drivers window all the way down right now and when I try to close the drivers window it won't go up. When I try and open it, it makes a clicking noise that sounds like it's from under the gauge cluster. My Power Mirror works fine and the car will unlock fine, but when I try and lock the car from the drivers side, and from the passenger side, the car will make quick chime noises (Kinda like the noise it makes if you keep your lights on with the key off). The passenger window switch on the drivers side works fine, the window will go up and down. I am completely stumped. I've checked all the fuses on the drivers side panel and all of them are fine. Any Ideas? -Thanks
    If you have your doors open while you are trying to lock and the keys are in the ignition, it will ding. could be that your switch is jacked up. window sounds like it could be the regulator or motor (maybe both)

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Well, here's a quick update... I started the Engine and the Window went up fine but with the engine on the power "lock" on both sides do not work, it still does the "quick" chimes, not the Ding..Ding..Ding, when I push lock it goes, dingdingdingdingding.. Now, when the key is completely out, both lock switches will lock and unlock fine.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Well, here's a quick update... I started the Engine and the Window went up fine but with the engine on the power "lock" on both sides do not work, it still does the "quick" chimes, not the Ding..Ding..Ding, when I push lock it goes, dingdingdingdingding.. Now, when the key is completely out, both lock switches will lock and unlock fine.
    is that with the door open?

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    is that with the door open?
    Yes, I guess that must be a safety feature or don't forget your keys feature eh? Cause I closed the door with the key on and both worked fine..
    Weird, I don't understand why the window wasn't going up but now is.. -Thanks again

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Yes, I guess that must be a safety feature or don't forget your keys feature eh? Click for full size Cause I closed the door with the key on and both worked fine..
    Weird, I don't understand why the window wasn't going up but now is.. -Thanks again
    no problem. glad it worked it self out

Thread Information