Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Police Camaro SS in "The Marine" movie

If you plan on watching this movie u get to see a bad 2001 SS....started out a good movie then fizzled
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 02-17-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I've been wanting to see my car in a movie

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

ya I saw a glimpse of it in a commercial for it. been wanting to see it since then. is it worth renting?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    ya I saw a glimpse of it in a commercial for it. been wanting to see it since then. is it worth renting?
    i just watched the rest of it.....not worth renting....but was cool to see the ss camaro for about 10 minutes in it

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    If you plan on watching this movie u get to see a bad 2001 SS....started out a good movie then fizzled
    Yeah man , they totaled that thing. I hate seeing sweet cars get recked in movies.
    I saw it in the theater, I think it's worth renting.
    JIGGER RACIN'
    2000 Camaro SS, vert., auto., LS6 intake manifold, SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP LoudMouth II, C5 Z06 replica 17x9.5 rims
    1/4 mile time = 13.310 sec. @ 105.22 mph, 2.051 60'

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939958

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...amarolaeft.jpg

Navy Blue
    '98 Z28

Here's some pictures :

I think it's not a SS, it's a V6 (look the exaust and no SS spoiler), with SS hood...
    Last edited by French Camaro; 02-23-2007 at 04:36 AM.

Navy Blue
    '98 Z28

Last edited by French Camaro; 02-23-2007 at 04:38 AM.
    Chevrolet Camaro Z28 V8 5.7l M6 '98
    SS Spoiler, Catback Borla, STB Hotchkiss, CAI SLP, Lid SLP, Hypertech Power Programmer III, Shifter Hurst

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

heh. FC posted pix of frogs.

nbm
    00SS

It a z28 with a ss hood with some skinney ass tires.

Navy Blue
    '98 Z28

Z28 ? I don't see any logo...
    No Chevrolet emblem at rear and no Z28 emblem in the sides...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

About three years ago I attended a car show at the California Highway Patrol Academy in Sacramento. At 11:00 they bused everyone who wanted to watch over to their EVOC Training Track to watch a demonstration of skill with six motorcycles, a helicopter and six of their Z28 Camaro persuit cars. The demo was incredible and, after the formal demonstration was over, they invited some members of the audience to go for a couple of laps around the track with an instructor in a Camaro. I was there with my vintage Mustang club but I managed to wangle a ride. I got two laps in a 6 speed stripper Z28 with a full roll cage. The track had a long home straight with the stands and pits at the far end (where I got into the car), followed by a monster reverse sloped 90* turn. Next was a hard right into a set of ess curves and then a 180* onto the back straight. The back straight was about 3/4 mile long with a high banked 80* left turn into a short (maybe a quarter mile) straight and then a hard 90* left and onto the home straight. The instructor gave me the ride of my life. We left the pits, accelerating into the reverse slope left turn and drifted all the way through that turn, right into the esses and the car was loose through the whole set, including the 180 at the end. The cop was steering with the palm of his left hand and shifting with his right. He nailed it down the back straight and went up to 4th as we neared the bank. I'm looking at the short straight coming up and thinking "he'll have to start coming back down to make the 90 at the end of this thing. Nope. He went up to 5th coming out of the bank with his foot firmly planted on the hammer. About 2/3 of the way down the short straight he finally got off the accelerator and slammed the car full sideways drifting toward the turn. The wind coming in the passenger side window started to suck the sunglasses off my face. Just before he was lined up on the home straight, he downshifted and nailed it again. We roared down the home straight and, in front of the pit/grandstand area he whipped the car into a 360* spin, coming out pointed toward the 90* reverse turn again and planting his foot on the accelerator again. The second lap was a mirror image of the first except that we pulled into the pits instead of doing another 360. I learned two things that day. Never try to outdrive the CHP and wear plastic underwear to the CHP car show. Anyway, I still get stoked remembering that ride. The interior of the car was identical to my Z28 (except for the fabric seats) and that made it even more exciting. During the first trip through the esses I asked, over the howling LS1 and the howling wind, if the car had modified suspension and he said that it was just the way Chevy had delivered them. He did say they went through a set of tires in 4 days on the track.

Sorry I took so long, but I'm old and you young guys have to put up with it.
    Last edited by RagTop; 02-23-2007 at 12:11 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I just watched that movie a couple days ago. Not a bad movie, but not an award winner by any means. The Camaro chase was probably the best part of then movie, that was pretty sweet. I didn't notice that it was a V6 with different hood, ect, guess I didn't pay close enough attention.

It was still pretty sweet to see one of our cars in a movie though, with Cena working the clutch and slamming through the gears of an F-Body

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

i just downloaded and watched the whole movie....i wish there was someone who could give me the last 90 minutes of my life back. THIS THING SUCKED! even the camaro scene (5 mins long) wasn't that good. the only thing worse than then plot was the acting. wwf wrestlers really shouldn't try and act. if anyone is interested in seeing the camaro scene though i'll try and capture just that part and upload it somewhere so everyone can dl it rather than having to watch the entire crappy film.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by RagTop View Post
    About three years ago I attended a car show at the California Highway Patrol Academy in Sacramento. At 11:00 they bused everyone who wanted to watch over to their EVOC Training Track to watch a demonstration of skill with six motorcycles, a helicopter and six of their Z28 Camaro persuit cars. The demo was incredible and, after the formal demonstration was over, they invited some members of the audience to go for a couple of laps around the track with an instructor in a Camaro. I was there with my vintage Mustang club but I managed to wangle a ride. I got two laps in a 6 speed stripper Z28 with a full roll cage. The track had a long home straight with the stands and pits at the far end (where I got into the car), followed by a monster reverse sloped 90* turn. Next was a hard right into a set of ess curves and then a 180* onto the back straight. The back straight was about 3/4 mile long with a high banked 80* left turn into a short (maybe a quarter mile) straight and then a hard 90* left and onto the home straight. The instructor gave me the ride of my life. We left the pits, accelerating into the reverse slope left turn and drifted all the way through that turn, right into the esses and the car was loose through the whole set, including the 180 at the end. The cop was steering with the palm of his left hand and shifting with his right. He nailed it down the back straight and went up to 4th as we neared the bank. I'm looking at the short straight coming up and thinking "he'll have to start coming back down to make the 90 at the end of this thing. Nope. He went up to 5th coming out of the bank with his foot firmly planted on the hammer. About 2/3 of the way down the short straight he finally got off the accelerator and slammed the car full sideways drifting toward the turn. The wind coming in the passenger side window started to suck the sunglasses off my face. Just before he was lined up on the home straight, he downshifted and nailed it again. We roared down the home straight and, in front of the pit/grandstand area he whipped the car into a 360* spin, coming out pointed toward the 90* reverse turn again and planting his foot on the accelerator again. The second lap was a mirror image of the first except that we pulled into the pits instead of doing another 360. I learned two things that day. Never try to outdrive the CHP and wear plastic underwear to the CHP car show. Anyway, I still get stoked remembering that ride. The interior of the car was identical to my Z28 (except for the fabric seats) and that made it even more exciting. During the first trip through the esses I asked, over the howling LS1 and the howling wind, if the car had modified suspension and he said that it was just the way Chevy had delivered them. He did say they went through a set of tires in 4 days on the track.

Sorry I took so long, but I'm old and you young guys have to put up with it.

cool story ! how fast did he go ?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    cool story ! how fast did he go ?
    I've got no idea. It was a lot faster than the track conditions seemed to warrant. I'm know it didn't approach the maximum speed of the car, but I'll bet we were above 100mph on the back straight. Very exciting.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

That camaro was an SS, it it the LS1 motor, they actually had to go through 6 of them in filming the movie. Agreed they could of made it better but what i dont get is how it did all that when right before he stole the car the tire got shot and went flat.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I didn't notice that it was a V6 with different hood, ect, guess I didn't pay close enough attention.
    there are B4C Camaros that were the police interceptors, LS1 V8s and no badging and body colored roofs. they look like v6s but are actually Z28s. pretty good for sleeper cars.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    i just downloaded and watched the whole movie....i wish there was someone who could give me the last 90 minutes of my life back. THIS THING SUCKED! even the camaro scene (5 mins long) wasn't that good. the only thing worse than then plot was the acting. wwf wrestlers really shouldn't try and act. if anyone is interested in seeing the camaro scene though i'll try and capture just that part and upload it somewhere so everyone can dl it rather than having to watch the entire crappy film.

i want to see it...

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    i want to see it...
    Don't that movie sucked, i put it in the same category as Ultra Violet. Damn, that shit was horrible..................it you enjoyed Ultra Violet than by all means watch it.............but be warned depression may set in afterwards cuz that shit sucks so much.

Now for Cena sucking movies, i give him a 10 for that...........but the peoples champ has some pretty good acting skills.

hugger orange
    1999 camaro ss

i own two 2002 b4c special service coupes, one white, the other pewter. both m6's, cloth seats, traction control. no side body moldings, body colored roofs, no badging or emblems other than the camaro emblem on the nose. both run goodyear gsa's, gray painted z28 wheels and z28 square exhaust outlets. all factory stock. bought both of them new with 9 miles when delivered. white has 12,xxx miles on it now, pewter 19 miles. real sleepers.

Thread Information