Thread: please

White
    1999 Camaro SS

please

okay so i have mad a post but no replies so try it again with a little more detail this time!
    i have a 1999 ss camaro M6 (six speed)

MODS
    s7 clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel
    mcleode adjustable master cycinder
    pro 5.0 shifter
    pst 3.5 alum drive line
    bmr adj. torque arm
    slp lid
    hooker longtubes
    pacesetter ory borla catback
    comp camps 224/230 .591 112 lsa
    comp pushrods,patriot valvesprings,
    ls6 intake,
    lowered 1.5
    and free mods

this is my daily driver and i am wanting to get around 450wrhp or more with no spray pro charger or turbo at least for now

i am wanting to do heads new intake fuel rails and maybe a bigger cam

anything else im not to sure on how to do it or need some more info on things.

also am cleaning up my bay at the moment as in wire mod and repainting some things need some help guys help me out on this

so far with just about no tools!! i am in the process of buying new tools and parts with bills so it will be slow but well worth it when im done =)

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Wait... did you have a question in all that?

450rwhp is achievable with full bolt ons. You will however need to get a set of good heads, and also a larger cam. The LS6 intake will probably suffice for now. This is something you'll want to call someone and get a H/C combo so they match up perfectly. My recommendation is going through Mark at KYspeed. He is a sponsor here.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Wait... did you have a question in all that?

450rwhp is achievable with full bolt ons. You will however need to get a set of good heads, and also a larger cam. The LS6 intake will probably suffice for now. This is something you'll want to call someone and get a H/C combo so they match up perfectly. My recommendation is going through Mark at KYspeed. He is a sponsor here.
    finally someone helps hahah

but yeah i plan on going with a new 102mm fast intake and tb
    will probably get new rails and injectors also
    not sure what heads to go with or how much bigger of a cam to go with but i love the LOPE i have lope now but wouldnt mind some more

and on pistions and all that have no damn clue at all on all of that just no a little about it only 19 and this is my first build that will take awhile since i have to save money bills and pay for another car to drive at the moment

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 99ss View Post
    finally someone helps hahah

but yeah i plan on going with a new 102mm fast intake and tb
    will probably get new rails and injectors also
    not sure what heads to go with or how much bigger of a cam to go with but i love the LOPE i have lope now but wouldnt mind some more

and on pistions and all that have no damn clue at all on all of that just no a little about it only 19 and this is my first build that will take awhile since i have to save money bills and pay for another car to drive at the moment
    First of all... use punctuation!!!

I guess it all depends on your budget. You can get the trickflow top end kit which will put down some VERY respectable numbers. But that is on the more expensive side. I use a 228/232 cam which is somewhat mild. But I'm also running stock heads. You just need to shop around with different head set ups to see what works best for you. 223 cast ls6 style heads are very popular since porting them yields very nice results. Also 5.3 style ported heads are popular.

450rwhp can be achieved this way without even touching the lower part of your engine.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    First of all... use punctuation!!!

I guess it all depends on your budget. You can get the trickflow top end kit which will put down some VERY respectable numbers. But that is on the more expensive side. I use a 228/232 cam which is somewhat mild. But I'm also running stock heads. You just need to shop around with different head set ups to see what works best for you. 223 cast ls6 style heads are very popular since porting them yields very nice results. Also 5.3 style ported heads are popular.

450rwhp can be achieved this way without even touching the lower part of your engine.
    well i was looking at trickflow but they are like 2x as much as anyone else whats the reason for that?

i have the stock heads may not be idk i was never told that it had heads it dose have double rockers and new springs in it though from patriot.

i am thinking about a new cam more lope just not sure on all of the choices like the lift and lsa ect. kinda confusing to me since ive never really been told about it

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Ever look at the "500rwhp recipe" on stock cubes?

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Ever look at the "500rwhp recipe" on stock cubes?
    nope weres it at?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Don't.
    That 'recipe' is likely not very streetable....won't be all that great for a street car.

I would actually go ahead and dump the RWHP goal.
    Set a goal in mind concerning how the car acts on the street and how it runs. The right cam and heads are key.
    TSP Torquer V2 and PRC heads (depending on application) should have you quite happy.

Personally, with your current cam, get heads and bump the compression half a point and enjoy. Add the FAST102 and let her rip. Might only make 430-440 but set-up properly it will move quite nicely.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Don't.
    That 'recipe' is likely not very streetable....won't be all that great for a street car.

I would actually go ahead and dump the RWHP goal.
    Set a goal in mind concerning how the car acts on the street and how it runs. The right cam and heads are key.
    TSP Torquer V2 and PRC heads (depending on application) should have you quite happy.

Personally, with your current cam, get heads and bump the compression half a point and enjoy. Add the FAST102 and let her rip. Might only make 430-440 but set-up properly it will move quite nicely.
    well im looking at a mazda miata for a dd when im done with my car my car will just be a fun/weekend/street meets car

and i kinda see 550+ being a little hard to accomplish with out spray or pc or turbo

would love to have 440 though till i can get a daily driver and some more money right now it has 398wrhp i believe the guy i bought it from was telling me it had 405wrhp but after racing my buddy with a 6.0 iron block with heads and headers and sfc and put 3 cars on me from 60mph to 120 and he dynoed at 402 with bad plugs and clutch so i dont really know that it has at the wheels

heres a video of it before the cam and was when the 4th owner had it im the 6th
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8yFaIEAew&playnext_from=TL&videos=FushZP ucPqo[/ame]

White
    1998 Trans Am

They installed port Stage 3 livernois(think that's how it's spelled) LS6 heads and it was a cam from Texs Speed not srue if it was a torquer or magic stick but it was fast with the 3600 stall and should have been aound the hp mark your looking for.
    I know it inmpressed me when I rode in it. I would have like to see it run my friends WS6 with the vortech, small cam, and bolt ons.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    They installed port Stage 3 livernois(think that's how it's spelled) LS6 heads and it was a cam from Texs Speed not srue if it was a torquer or magic stick but it was fast with the 3600 stall and should have been aound the hp mark your looking for.
    I know it inmpressed me when I rode in it. I would have like to see it run my friends WS6 with the vortech, small cam, and bolt ons.
    id like to just see it but cant seem to find it could you pm me the link

Thread Information