picking up 2002 ss hopefullywhat to look for

just about closed a deal 2002 ann. a4 ttop 9000m is thier any thing to look for.it is suppossed to have the 345hp exhaust but its not a center exhaust. i posted to have the gm report run and will get a carfax. im going to pick it up with my buddy (25 years as a mechanic) but not ss expert. owner says he has a gm possible recall on the cats. thanks in advance for any help

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Unless it's an LE (red with stripes that break away as they approach the hood scoop) then it's just an SS as all 2002 Camaro's have a "35th Anniversary" badge on the dash just above the radio to the right of the 2 auxillary switches.

Look for option code WU8 on the door sticker to insure that it's an SS.

While Chevy did the SS cars "in house" for 2002 those with SLP options were sent to SLP for the extras the person or dealer might have wanted added to the car. You will want to check for the SLP option sticker on the door of the car to see if it has these extra option items

CME (Center Mount Exhaust) is an option over and above the SLP exhaust.

The recall on the cats isn't so much a recall as it is an extended warranty on the cats as they were prone to failing and not allowing the vehicle to pass emmisions. It is good for 10 yr/100K miles after entry of service date. I got a letter in the mail about this for my 2002.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 06-02-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: was: 10k; is 100k

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Unless it's an LE (red with stripes that break away as they approach the hood scoop) then it's just an SS as all 2002 Camaro's have a "35th Anniversary" badge on the dash just above the radio to the right of the 2 auxillary switches.

Look for option code WU8 on the door sticker to insure that it's an SS.

While Chevy did the SS cars "in house" for 2002 those with SLP options were sent to SLP for the extras the person or dealer might have wanted added to the car. You will want to check for the SLP option sticker on the door of the car to see if it has these extra option items

CME (Center Mount Exhaust) is an option over and above the SLP exhaust.

The recall on the cats isn't so much a recall as it is an extended warranty on the cats as they were prone to failing and not allowing the vehicle to pass emmisions. It is good for 10 yr/10K miles after entry of service date. I got a letter in the mail about this for my 2002.
    ^^^^ always good advice

how much $$$ you paying ?

im paying 19,000 one owner car. i have talked to him several times just trying to arrange pickup. he,s 10 hours away. car was his pride and joy but now he,s adding to his family. seems like a good guy. sounds like he,s happy to sell it to me i,m going to love it as much as he did. i almost feel bad for him that he has to sell it. i,m going to fax a contract for him to sign and a deposit in next 2 days. 2002ss 35 ann. a4 6cd power drivers seat ttop very nice car

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

post some pics whenever you get it !

Thread Information