Thread: our own AAA

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

our own AAA

So last night I'm on the way home and I see a c5 corvette pulled to the side of the road, blinkers flashing. So I think well I'm almost home I could stop and give them a hand, might just need a jump. So I circle back around and pull up behind the car and the driver hops out. " Man thanks for stopping" he says, "we called chp and they said they don't do roadside assistance and AAA said about an hour."
    Problem was the guy just bought the car and the gas filler gauge wasn't working correctly so he ran out of fuel. So we take the three minute ride to the gas station and we come up with the idea. 'If you see another camaro, corvette, or gto stopped you stop and help them.' I pledge to do this any other takers? What do you guys think?

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I'm in. I got Northeast Wisconsin covered.

Ryan

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Yeah why not.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I think you deserve a standing ovation for your generosity...myself, I would have probly just driven by them no help...just being honest.

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ya View Post
    So last night I'm on the way home and I see a c5 corvette pulled to the side of the road, blinkers flashing. So I think well I'm almost home I could stop and give them a hand, might just need a jump. So I circle back around and pull up behind the car and the driver hops out. " Man thanks for stopping" he says, "we called chp and they said they don't do roadside assistance and AAA said about an hour."
    Problem was the guy just bought the car and the gas filler gauge wasn't working correctly so he ran out of fuel. So we take the three minute ride to the gas station and we come up with the idea. 'If you see another camaro, corvette, or gto stopped you stop and help them.' I pledge to do this any other takers? What do you guys think?
    I better or if my 70 yr old father hears i dont stop and help someone on the side of the road he will beat me with his walker lol its a Texas thing so if any of yall pass thorugh south east Texas near and east of houston I got yalls back even got a budy with a flat bed i could try and get a hold of lol

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Yeah, I guess Texas is a friendlier state, people always stop.

I havent seen an F-body on the side of the road yet....good ole GM quality, but I've always told myself I'd stop if I did.

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

This is cool everybody jumpin on this and we could be covered

black
    2001 Camaro SS

i'm in... last time i went to atlanta i saw 3 3rd gens IN A ROW broken down on the side of the road with the hood up

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    i'm in... last time i went to atlanta i saw 3 3rd gens IN A ROW broken down on the side of the road with the hood up
    Yeah, but those were 3rd gens. What do you expect.....

Every time I say something nice about my 3rd gen (I have an 89RS) it says "FUCK YOU!" and breaks....

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

Every time I say something nice about my 3rd gen (I have an 89RS) it says "FUCK YOU!" and breaks....
    lol i allways wanted to pick up a 3rd gen and drop a 383 spray motor in it behind a power glide and 4;11's out back and say get in and hold on lool

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

aint the 3rd gens lighter then the 4ths?

black
    2001 Camaro SS

i like em but they really carry that redneck stereotype with them, like they are the go to camaro when looking for the epidomy of a redneck car... and i see very few clean ones

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

My friends and I usually do that stuff around here. I usually try and stop especially if they are old/really young(my age..lol) Depends on the car.. if its a muscle car I always stop, but sometimes I dont stop because it looks fishy.

We stopped one night and some womans headlight relay went out. We switched her foglights for the headlight relay and sent her on her way. I bet she was paranoid when she seen a couple of punk looking kids comming to help ...lol. people usually are.

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

that was hella cool of you man. yeah i'll pledge to that.

Black
    2000 Z-28

I got you covered if you break down in MD!

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Good idea I'm in

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I was in the vice versa situation...ran out of gas on the way to Tulsa one night. Local cop stopped and gave me a ride to the gas station, showed me where the 'secret gas can' was. Turns out his DD was a Z28. He said his Charger patrol car didn't have sh!t on my SS, then stomped on it to prove it to me....They are pretty gutless, they weigh enough as it is without all the equipment outfitted....but anyway, fellow F-body guy helped me out. I'll pledge to do the same.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by txz28 View Post
    aint the 3rd gens lighter then the 4ths?
    Yes they are lighter.

I bought mine (it's a V8 car) to put a 400+ inch SBC into. But between mods to my 02, restoring my 67 and work being done to my house I haven't had the time (or $$$) to do it yet.

black
    99 z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

lmao my third gen says the same thing...

Thread Information