Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2002 Camaro Z28

Only in a camaro

Last fall I moved up to rural Northeast Nebraska. Got on it pretty hard leaving a small town on the way to another small town one afternoon. Was running around 75 mph when I caught up to a 4th gen SS who was running around 65-70. I could tell it was an older guy in the driver seat and he kept looking in his mirror at me but I wasn't going to pass due to light traffic. Then he hit it...we took it up to about 120 or so for a few miles.

When we approached the next town and began slowing down the guy gave me a big fist pump and motioned to pull over at this little gas station. He was probably close to 60 years old and was so excited to see another camaro. He asked if I wanted to go get a beer and I like beer so of course agreed. It just so happened he had beer with him so he jumped in with me and we each had one. I was glad to see there are some ls1 nuts around here. He thought my car was so nice but his was a 2000 SS M6 and I would have traded him in a heartbeat. Anyway, some of my friends thought it was a strange story but I thought it was cool, just a couple guys with a common interest.
    Junkyard bought and "refurbished" 2002 Camaro Z28 - Pacetter Race LT's, TS&P ORY, Frost tune, Magnaflow, Ported TB, SLP Lid, Circle D 3000, 3.73's, SFC's.
    2009 Silverado Z71 - Magnaflow
    2008 Impala LTZ - Wife didn't want the V8 SS!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That's very cool I'd say

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

Sounds pretty cool, but you might want to go easy on the criminal speeding + open container (if I read that right). Atleast for everyone elses sake if not for yours.

2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by McNord View Post
    Sounds pretty cool, but you might want to go easy on the criminal speeding + open container (if I read that right). Atleast for everyone elses sake if not for yours.
    lol, I agree, but it was only one beer. And I wasn't speeding while having the beer.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

hahaha its not like he was racing as drinking a beer only will farell would do that

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

^^^You are right, I saw no mention of streeking either lol.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

hahahaha ^^^ one of the classics there

white
    97 z28/SS

pretty cool!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by JunkyardZ View Post
    Last fall I moved up to rural Northeast Nebraska. Got on it pretty hard leaving a small town on the way to another small town one afternoon. Was running around 75 mph when I caught up to a 4th gen SS who was running around 65-70. I could tell it was an older guy in the driver seat and he kept looking in his mirror at me but I wasn't going to pass due to light traffic. Then he hit it...we took it up to about 120 or so for a few miles.

When we approached the next town and began slowing down the guy gave me a big fist pump and motioned to pull over at this little gas station. He was probably close to 60 years old and was so excited to see another camaro. He asked if I wanted to go get a beer and I like beer so of course agreed. It just so happened he had beer with him so he jumped in with me and we each had one. I was glad to see there are some ls1 nuts around here. He thought my car was so nice but his was a 2000 SS M6 and I would have traded him in a heartbeat. Anyway, some of my friends thought it was a strange story but I thought it was cool, just a couple guys with a common interest.
    That mentality has to go, it seems I get along better w/ older folks than kids my age because most are just to cool for school
    Awesome story op.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

yup beer and camaros
    life is good

Always cool to meet another camaro owner

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Sounds sort of like the story that I don't share with too many people. Because the guy asked me to take off my shirt and do push-ups. Be careful out there, there's some crazies that want to do things with you or to you.

White
    99 Camaro Z28

cool story

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    Sounds sort of like the story that I don't share with too many people. Because the guy asked me to take off my shirt and do push-ups. Be careful out there, there's some crazies that want to do things with you or to you.
    lol wtf

2002 Camaro Z28

Thats funny. But I'm not a fourteen year old alter boy so I don't think he was after my body.

RED
    2002/Z28

very cool.

It has a big wing!

Cool story man... See? Some of us older guys are not sooooo bad..
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Not strange @ all man. It's a brotherhood/sisterhood thing. Just like bikers give eachother a nod, two fingers, and such when they pass eachother on the road. Just a taste of the real Americana in my view..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not strange @ all man. It's a brotherhood/sisterhood thing. Just like bikers give eachother a nod, two fingers, and such when they pass eachother on the road. Just a taste of the real Americana in my view..
    Very true

yellow/black
    2002 Trans Am CETA

Quote Originally Posted by JunkyardZ View Post

Awesome story. Tanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    That mentality has to go, it seems I get along better w/ older folks than kids my age because most are just to cool for school
    Awesome story op.
    Same here, I'm 28 and most of the guys I hang with at the cruise nights are 45+. They have cool cars, they have no drama and they don't talk about a bunch of BS all the time. Plus half of them are from my local American Legion so we have even more in common...

+1 yeah, very funny but kinda weird hope all is ok...
    02 CETA #654 7800 miles
    09 G8 GT liquid red, sport/premium/sunroof red/black int
    07 Tahoe LS

...you'll know it's me when I come through your town
    I'm gonna ride around in style, I'm gonna drive everybody wild
    'cause I'll have the only one there is around

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

sounds like some nice cars, junkyardz, you should come on down to our nebraska meet i set up, we are short camaro's but have a plethora of trans ams, plus theres some pretty cool guys to meet, we go drive around some, race some for those who want to, and come back grill burgers and drink beer and camp out wiht 20+ Fbodies lined up around the camp site... its a hell of a picture.... pm me for more details, or ill get a thread for this years meet in the regional forum around mayish to get things rolling again

Thread Information