sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

One less convertable Z28

My daughter came home from collage for the weekend, yesterday afternoon she asked if she could drive it to visit a friend. On the way home she was sitting at a dead stop at a redlight while the light was RED and some clown woman just plowed it.

Besides having the bumper pushed into the rear wheel the car is twisted so bad that I could not get the top lacth on the passenger side it fasten.

When I first got down there I just wanted to .
    The kid is ok and the other driver is unhurt which is the main thing, but this car was something that I was going to hang onto for many years and now it is scrap.

that sucks, glad to hear every one is ok, too bad for the camaro, im sure you will find another one.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

at least it wasnt her fault you know, i sure know

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

Damn guy I'm glad everyones ok. Well hope you find another one you can keep for years to come.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Atleast it wasn't an SS!

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Atleast it wasn't an SS!
    Thats what I keep telling myself, however that car was like new and completly bone stock even down to the paper filter in the airbox.
    I hate dealing with insurance companies but fortunately with age comes experience so they won't beat me up too bad.
    Right now I am thinking of a possible buy back, I have an 86 Camaro that an engine swap would be a fun project. And then look for a very clean SS or even a Vette.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

hey, if you'd like to part it out, i could really use the front bumper cover and the right front fender. good luck on that ls1 swap. i think you should do the buy back..

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

That would be a fun to swap to have. You should be able to make some cash back if you part the rest out too. Seeing it wasn't the fault of the driver of your car you insurance shouldn't change. Good luck!

silver
    1998 Z28

I could seriously use those parts if you plan to do that.

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

Okay, My insurance company declared the car a total loss and tried to lowball me with an offer of 12500 I told him that is not nearly enough. He said he would talk to his manager and then get back to me. The other drivers insurance company sent an appraiser out to look at the car, he valued it at 13500, a little closer to what I will settle for. He goes on to say that as he looked the car over it was obvious that there was absolutely no damage to it at all, no scuffs on the wheels very clean no scratches etc, etc. So he called his boss and told him "we can't total this car I would eat off the motor of this thing". So he made me an offer that he thinks it can be repaired I am to have it towed to a frame shop have them dissassemble it so we can make a more detailed inspection on the damage at their expense.
    He goes on to say that he is personally a Mustang fan and has a conv stang himself and that it would be a real shame to allow such a clean Z28 to go away without making an attempt to save it.
    I have contacted a very reputable frame shop and have made arrangements with them to get the car.
    Now while this guy was at the garage looking at my car My insuance sent a salvage yard truck to pick my car up and haul it off. I am so pissed at them, those assholes did not have permission to take it as we did not have an agreement on settlement. I can not wait till tomorrow as I can ream this tard a new ahole.

silver
    1998 Z28

hope that if they fix it they don't give you a salvaged title. cause then you won't beable to carry full coverage from my understanding.

silver
    1998 Z28

honestly, not just because i could really use your parts, but i would take the buy back, put the ls1 in the third gen, and part the rest out. figure, they'll probably hack off 5K or so for the buy back, so that's 8k. that could get you started well off into a new f-body and by the time you're done parting it out, probably have it close to paid off, if not already. i guess it depends on how much f-bodies run out there.

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

Well is what I am still thinkingb but the one insurance company wants to look at it a little closer so that is fine. I am really pissed at my own insurance co. for trying to sneek in and run off with my car without my permission and/or settlement agreement. That car could sit at that garage for a year and it wouldn't cost them a cent. In a few hours I will be making a few phone calls and I have a feeling I am going to lose my cool. If I do end up with it I will keep you in mind.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

That sucks. Buy it back from the ins. company if you can. Parted out, you can still come away with something. The engine and tranny alone are worth 3 or 4 grand. There are a lot of guys on here that could use parts off that car.

If they do rebuild the car make sure they give you a clean title.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow, exciting story...any updates? sorry for the whole debachle...such a pain in the ass when your car takes a big dive like that.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Thats what I keep telling myself, however that car was like new and completly bone stock even down to the paper filter in the airbox.
    I hate dealing with insurance companies but fortunately with age comes experience so they won't beat me up too bad.
    Right now I am thinking of a possible buy back, I have an 86 Camaro that an engine swap would be a fun project. And then look for a very clean SS or even a Vette.
    The car is probably totalled, have the insurance give you a fair (or more than fair, I've seen them give more than market value in many cases depending on the company) value for the car, and then see if it would be possible to buy back the car to use the motor in your 86 Camaro. That would be a cool swap. Then with the rest of they money, try and find a nice SS comparable to your old car

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sounds like everything is gonna work out

Thread Information