Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Talking New Seat Install

I just got this in, worked out nicely. It's a summit racing sport seat, Corbeau Bracket, and some adapters to fit the two together. I am going to do the passenger seat and buy a cover for the back to match. I like the seat a lot, very supportive, can't wait to take it out when the snow clears up.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

those are awesome seats, looks sick!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

What a differance! That looks great, I have never cared much for our factory seats, mine has worn to the point that the "bar" near the bottom of the set back where your tailbone starts is driving me crazy. It's really uncomfortable. Do you mind if I ask what the price was? Do (did) you have power seats, and did they bolt right up if you did? This is a mod I would seriously consider doing next, as your car looks great, and I've had it with my stock seats anyway. Do they still recline?

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Here is the deal.

They are from Summit and they are "Summit" Brand, which means Summit Racing paid some company to mass produce a seat that met their specs, I am not sure what company. They run $189 each and come in Black, Grey, & Tan. They have some other summit seats, most of them look ricer to me.

Next I got a Corbeau Camaro Bracket, which runs about $80. The holes were just a bit off so I fabbed some flat stock to connect the seat and bracket. Not too bad and it feels pretty darn solid.

The seat still reclines, it has a know you spin on the side. It also tilts forward with a stock like latch on the back. I lost my power option, but I'm not too worried about it, I never used it anyways once my seat was set. The belt works great through the hole too, I was skeptical but it is perfect. Now I just have to drive the thing! Passenger side will come soon, it looks kind of goofy with only one in my opinion. Let me know if I can help more. Goodluck!

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

looks pretty slick man and not too pricey. . . gotta love summit!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Honestly, I'd take out the back, put in a rear seat delete kit, and take out the passenger side just until I got the matching seat... Really looks good man! I'm tall, and I'm very worried about comfort, so I haven't changed mine yet... The stock power seat lets me adjust 4ways so I can get it right.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Due to the blizzard around here I won't be able to report the comfort anytime soon. They almost remind me of the stock SRT-4 seats, they might be a but less comfy than stock, but the support is what I'm looking for. Anybody know where I can order a rear seat cover to match?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Until you get a cover to match, you can at least fold it down! I didn't even know a rear seat delete kit was available.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I am not sure about the delete kit, but I am either going to find some covers to match, or buy some used rear seats on ebay and have them recovered to match. Not sure yet, I have to make sure I like this seat while driving first! The snow needs to get out of here.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

looks good bro !

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

any pictures of the mount? how is comfort compared to the factory seat?

thanks

Steve

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, so I cannot comment on the long term comfort, but as far as sitting in it I really like it. Much more solid and supportive. I will take a picture of the underneath because I am going to pull it out to tighten all the bolts with loc-tite. I will post once that is done, prob this week sometime... Thanks for the response.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I'd love some pics of the mounts did you just drive over to summit and did they have all the stuff there I will be in canton in a couple of weeks. Prob in my Grand Marquis not my Trans Am, but have really considered picking up atleast one seat while i'm there.

Thanks for the info great post and perfect timing!

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Forgot to ask Can you tell me how big you are? I'm 6'2" and have about a 42" waist. weigh in about 270. i'm worried about fitting... Thanks again!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

The mount i bought from Corbeau, which mounts to the camaros stock studs just perfectly, just had to fab for the seat holes. The seat itself comes with a basic slider mount. I am 6'0 180 and I fit fine, my head is very close to the ceiling though.... I will try to get a pic of two this week, I have spring break next week so it might happen then.... Maybe friday though since I have the day off. Thanks for the questions, I will do my best to pull it out this week.

-JT

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Ok here is what happened when I took the seat out. I didn't have a solid setup so I decided to fix it, this is all trial and error, as this is truly a custom setup.

Originally, I used Corbeau's seat mount and slider. From there I fabbed up two pieces of flat metal to bolt to the slider and the bare bottomed seat. The seat has four holes in it like normal. Well I just could not get this to work, the slider from corbeau and the holes in the seat were just too close to make it work. I was up till 3am messing with em yesterday.

So new plan: I took the slider that came with the seat and bolted it back onto the seat bottom. After that I took Corbeaus setup and separated the mount from the slider. This way no more corbeau slider, just their mounting "base", which is setup for our floor pan. I drilled some new holes in the corbeau "Base", bolted the summit seat with summit sliders to it, put it in the car, works great now.

Sorry that is so long, probably very confusing, but I was about to throw the whole thing out the door! Around 5am I finally had it all back in and ready to drive. So solid now and it doesn't rub the door panel or the console. Here are a couple pics I took earlier in the night with the corbeau mount and slider, didn't even think to take more with the summit sliders, it really doesn't look much different.

Let me know if there are any questions, cause this is a very nice setup and I am happy to share my "Expertise" with everyone!

-JT

rapter34
    the way that mine got deleted was took out all the back bolts and everything back their than just got all new black carpet. I really like the look of it. also the seats are actually really comfortable .

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Wow, that looks nice Rapter!

OP's seat looks nice too!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Do you drive yours daily raptor? - I used to have the four point in my Jeep, I got so sick of putting that thing on everyday. I just took it out, now I have the oem seatbelt going. I like your seats though, they look slick.

rapter34
    its a DD during the sumer and its actually the 5 point and yes i put them on every time. it takes me like 30 sec and they are really safe seat belts. my life is worth the little extra time.

Thread Information